Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 15:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Correct

What I/m trying to say is that the change in testing parameters makes it difficult to judge whether the FE for BSIV improve over BSIII or goes down compared to BSIII. Every manufacturer has different ways of getting engines to BSIV compliance.

We would never get to know from the certificates, whether they were tested last year with the THEN prevailing standards or this year using current standards.

(Pssst.. If both BSIII and BSIV Innova were to be tested according to the new BSIV standards, then the BSIII Variant has an FE lesser than the BSIV Variant by about 0.06 kmpl.)

Need to wait for actual owner reports.
Hi,
Where can I get the BS IV Std FE data for both BS III and BS IV models
Old 14th June 2010, 17:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
No karpusv didn't mean that. He said test conditions have been altered hence the abrupt changes in FE reports. On the other hand it may have to do with the intercooler also. Lets wait and watch for FE reports.
Agree,
I am not trying to say one way or the other. All I am saying is that adding an intercooler does not mean you will automatically get higher mpg. Especially when there are multiple conflicting effects involved, the turbo has to face

A. Additional resistance because of the intercooler headloss
B. Cooler air from the intercooler reduces downstream backpressure (and hence decreased resistance)

A and B Are conflicting in nature and after taking into account the change in piping to accomodate the intercooler as well as maybe a different overall exhaust design, there are too many variables to say one way or the other.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Hmm...I thought this should been mentioned earlier...the new Innova should be around 120bhp and if Toyota has put a variable nozzle turbo then it should be 144bhp!!

Appearing in 2001, the 2KD-FTV is the 2nd generation of the KD series of engine with a smaller 2.5 L displacement.

The displacement of this engine is based on the previous 2 L engine. Bore remains the same 92 mm but stroke is increased to 93.8 mm. Like the 1KD-FTV, it also has 16 valves and is a DOHC engine with a turbocharger and intercooler.

It produces 102 hp (75 kW) at 3400 rpm and 191.7 ft·lbf (260 N·m) of torque at 1600-3600 rpm without an intercooler or 120 hp (88 kW) at 3400 rpm and 239.85 ft·lbf (325 N·m) of torque at 1600-3600 rpm for the intercooled version.

However, Toyota Thailand has added a new variation of engine with variable nozzle turbo (VNT) installed and intercooled. Thus increase the horsepower to 144 hp (106kW) at 3400 rpm and torque of 343 Nm at 1600-2800rpm.

Compression ratio is 18.5:1. Redline of this engine is 4400 RPM. This engine also uses D-4D Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology.

Source:Toyota KD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now lets start drooling..
Why is Toyota hiding the revised power figures for BS4 version? Waiting for Aria to be launched!!
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:06   #64
BHPian

I do not think the objective would be to hide the FE figures. Its just that different standard yielded different FE values. And they just stuck to it. There probably is no point in trying to say that the BSIII variant has an FE of xx.xx kmpl with BSIII standards and yy.yy kmpl with BSIV standards.

That would lead to a lot of confusion among customers who bought vehicles last year and this year.

Ideal way to handle is to let the prevailing figures remain. As and when ne figures come in for ne technology, just declare those.
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:37   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Why is Toyota hiding the revised power figures for BS4 version? Waiting for Aria to be launched!!
from what u posted earlier, the innova didnt have 260nm of torque but 200nm.
Old 26th June 2010, 03:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
from what u posted earlier, the innova didnt have 260nm of torque but 200nm.
The automatics have a different tourque(260nm) but a smaller power band.

see Toyota - Innova
Old 26th June 2010, 13:42   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
The automatics have a different tourque(260nm) but a smaller power band.

see Toyota - Innova
but the auto isnt available in india hence i corrected him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks