Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 14:32   #46
BANNED

Looks almost like every Tom, Dick and Harry who has a half tin shed garage has the Maruti Logo on his board. So now Skoda joins the party!!
Old 1st September 2009, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The point is that they have done enough to ensure their customers don't get ripped off. That, for me, absolves them of blame in this incident.

Don't get me wrong on this. I still think Skoda is a rotten company for what they have done in the past. However, this instance, does not warrant any criticism of their actions. It is purely Nummer Eins misinforming and subsequently cheating a Skoda customer.
So why Skoda not taking any action against Nummer Eins now for misrepresentaion and fraud.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
So why Skoda not taking any action against Nummer Eins now for misrepresentaion and fraud.
Exactly my thinking. Skoda does have the secondary fault here because they have received many complaints (in their own admission), but are yet to put a stop to it legally. I can't imagine which company will allow their good name to be sullied like this knowingly ??
Or perhaps, they know they don't have a 'good' name ;-)
Old 1st September 2009, 15:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They could, its just that they're not doing it. If they did it, that would be good for them and their customers. But they can not choose to do so citing many reasons (legal wrangling not worth it, no lawyers left as most are fighting other cases and what not). In other words, the lack of responding to the needs of their customers is completely different from being guilty of ripping off a customer. It is valid to criticize Skoda for their inadequate response in dealing with the issue. But do not blame them for fraud committed by an organisation that has no links with Skoda anymore.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st September 2009 at 15:08.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

do you work for SKODA ? As i dont understand why you trying to justify a company thats cheating the customers every now and then.

And had it been Toyota or Honda, they would have pressed charges against the said dealer and got the assets frozen.

Or are you doing it just for sake of arguement ?
Old 1st September 2009, 16:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
do you work for SKODA ? As i dont understand why you trying to justify a company thats cheating the customers every now and then.

And had it been Toyota or Honda, they would have pressed charges against the said dealer and got the assets frozen.

Hey lets not point at each other guys.
Mclaren Rulez just said "It is valid to criticize Skoda for their inadequate response in dealing with the issue. But do not blame them for fraud committed by an organisation that has no links with Skoda anymore." - So whats wrong in that? If skoda was not at fault then why to blam them as a fraud unnessarily? This is not a blame-game.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Skoda is not responsible for the claims of institutions that are not related to it. If an independent service center claims to be an authorised Skoda service center, Skoda has the right to go after them but is not obliged to do so. Skoda should have control over its dealers, but is not responsible for what ex-dealers are up to......
True, they are not obliged to do so, but any company that cares for its image would pursue such people with a vengeance. And a whole load of legal threats. And public notices.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well, if I have a company and have kicked out a distributor because of his being a cheat and a fraud, will I not keep an eye on him to make sure he doesnt ruin my company name?

Though I cant monitor him day in and day out, isnt the market grapevine strong enough to let me know that the distributor is ruining my name?
And if I do come to know about it, will not do anything?

I dont think so.

Hey we just saw an example of Tata suing this oktatabyebye website for using its name, and here Nummer Eins is ruining Skoda's name and they are silent. At the end of the day ppl are going to point fingers at you Skoda, come on do something for customers sake.

Just doesnt feel right.

Last edited by sammyboy : 1st September 2009 at 16:45.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Hey lets not point at each other guys.
Mclaren Rulez just said "It is valid to criticize Skoda for their inadequate response in dealing with the issue. But do not blame them for fraud committed by an organisation that has no links with Skoda anymore." - So whats wrong in that? If skoda was not at fault then why to blam them as a fraud unnessarily? This is not a blame-game.
#

Why not Blame SKODA, you tell me,Can you guarantee that it wont happen with any other unsuspecting customer in future as SKODA hasnt taken any action yet.

And i dont think SKODA will even take any stringent action against Nummer Eins so this will go on and on.

And guys like you keep giving SKODA a white chit all the time.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:36   #55
BHPian

Was really contemplating to go in for a pre-owned Skoda RS...
Well, this thread scares the daylights out of me. I am gonna stay away!
Old 1st September 2009, 17:43   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
#

Why not Blame SKODA, you tell me,Can you guarantee that it wont happen with any other unsuspecting customer in future as SKODA hasnt taken any action yet.

And i dont think SKODA will even take any stringent action against Nummer Eins so this will go on and on.

And guys like you keep giving SKODA a white chit all the time.
Are you aware that UNAUTHORIZED Nummer Eins is also the service centre for:

mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Honda, Toyota, Ford & GM besides Skoda. Have any of the others taken action against them, or is it an authorized service centre for all of these. - this is under the roadworx chain? Do you think that the business it does for skoda alone keeps it going though it is an unauthorized centre.

The nummer eins name has been removed now, was on the site earlier for the same centre.

Roadworx.in

Pls blame the right guys, in this case, the customer too is responsible for choosing to go to the wrong centre.

Just as Duplicate products cannot be pinned on a company though it may try or not try it's best to fight the same, similarly false service agencies too cannot be pinned on the a company which list the list of authorized partners on the website.

Anyone having read up the fight against piracy and duplicates would tell that the objective of raids and action against defaulters in not to eliminate them competely (as that has never been possible) but as a deterent.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Was really contemplating to go in for a pre-owned Skoda RS...
Well, this thread scares the daylights out of me. I am gonna stay away!
This one shouldn't scare you at all. There are threads that would scare a prospective customer but this is a case where Skoda is given a bad name and hanged much like the proverbial dog.

Quote:
Why not Blame SKODA,
Are you kidding me? So Skoda is always in the wrong in every case by default? This is absolutely hilarious, more so because you actually aren't joking.

Quote:
No I don't work for them, nor am I arguing for the heck of it. Here's a clear cut case where an innocent party is blamed and bashed. By the way, do you work for any of Skoda's rivals? You sure sound like you want to see their reputation destroyed on this forum.

Quote:
you tell me,Can you guarantee that it wont happen with any other unsuspecting customer in future as SKODA hasnt taken any action yet.

If a roadside mechanic tells you he is an ASC for Skoda, will you believe him? It is much the same here. A customer is responsible for where he sends his car. Skoda has a clear list of ASCs in each city on their website too. Whether Skoda takes action against Nummer Eins is irrelevant. All I am saying is that they are not to be blamed for the OPs troubles and that's the end of it.

ACM makes an excellent point in the post above too. No brand can be bothered enough to go after imitations unless it is a serious issue. And even when it is a serious issue, they are well within their rights to do nothing.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st September 2009 at 18:30.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:43   #58
BHPian

Mclaren, try and see my point here. Roadworx guys have gone to the extent of mis-representing that they are still Skoda ASC. In fact, when asked if the number was Nummer Eins, the reply was 'Yes'. Would Skoda react the same way if I imported some chinese cars and started selling them as Skoda? No way. Skoda themselves say they have faced many such issues with Roadworx. As a brand they can choose to keep quiet, as a responsible brand, they should not.

Skoda needs to address this ASAP. One ad in TOI warning customers is enough. The fact that they choose to keep quiet, is itself appaling.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:54   #59
Team-BHP Support

Well it seems they state on their website that they are not authorised so its not like they're doing nothing. To what extent they should go beyond that level is not something that can be imposed on them. I agree with Mclaren's / ACM's views here.

(And before simply_sunny001 suggests otherwise - No - I do not work for Skoda as you will gather if you see other posts from me .... this is simply my objective view of this particular incident).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Mclaren, try and see my point here. Roadworx guys have gone to the extent of mis-representing that they are still Skoda ASC. In fact, when asked if the number was Nummer Eins, the reply was 'Yes'. Would Skoda react the same way if I imported some chinese cars and started selling them as Skoda? No way. Skoda themselves say they have faced many such issues with Roadworx. As a brand they can choose to keep quiet, as a responsible brand, they should not.

Skoda needs to address this ASAP. One ad in TOI warning customers is enough. The fact that they choose to keep quiet, is itself appaling.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post

Disclaimer here - I don't work for Skoda and I hold no brief for them. Also going by experiences of others I will never buy a Skoda product. I feel bad for what happened to you.

Having said that, If there is anyone who has to take action against Roadworx, it is you father-in-law for misrepresentation. He has the strongest case. Not Skoda.

We can accuse Skoda of being lazy and sloppy but what happened is not their fault. Your fil should have checked if they were an authorized dealer especially when they asked to charge for a part under warranty. He could have looked at Skoda's web site and emailed or called them. Heck, if you look at Roadworx's web site you can tell they are a multi-brand outfit and not the authorized service center for any of those brands.

And anyways if Skoda is to take action against Roadworx for ruining their "good" name, it will only happen after the event where unsuspecting customers, like yourselves, have been duped. Legally, Skoda had to make a public announcement about discontinuing Nummer Eins as their service partner. They've done that. They can't run those ads indefinitely.

I really think we are barking up the wrong tree here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks