Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will the new Sonata finally gets the success it deserved?
Yes 79 60.31%
No 52 39.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 18:28   #76
BHPian

the design looks an evolution of i 30 or say i20 from front , from side again its mismatch of designs of diff . manufacturers and rear seems ok .
i dont think it will sell as there is a problem of brand image at that price and toyota n honda, skoda have there loyal fan followings in that segment.
price it cheap and you land up in verna field, whose sells they cant afford to hamper.
frankly its a car in nomans land!
Old 10th December 2009, 19:32   #77
BHPian

they have good products at good price points! just because you have a straight H badge does not make it quality or H does not make it less quality product at the same time!

i get the facts and assumptions about brands and image. beleive me i am very much on the brand loyalty and fanboy bandwagon! if you ask me i would by a skoda over a honda anyday! and VW over a skoda and audi over a VW. so i am brand wise biased i will be honest! but i don't underestimate anyone!

when you see something like this come out once in a while, which has quality, and refinement and looks, you forget everything and learn to accept it with open arms! skoda was part of VW for 25 years and they never got the attention until recently 10 years ago when things started to improve when VW shared technology and parts and systems and just overall changed its way of functioning and skoda became a competitive manufacturer in the European market!

same way the koreans have been around for a while and each day they have learnt about car marking and put that to use, i guess its high time to recognize that a good product like 2011 will sell and will be as good as any other competitor if not better!

Last edited by Caramelo : 10th December 2009 at 19:42.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the last pic which are not dramatic as the the rest pics I don't think I will be like "WOWW" when I see it in real. It does look good and IMO it looks as good as i20.

Hyundai hardly had any success on the other side Rs. 10Lakh and I don't think this one will change the equation either. So I voted for "NO".
Old 10th December 2009, 19:58   #79
BHPian

The looks nice but Hyundai as a brand is more into small car so it may fade against accord or passat
Old 10th December 2009, 22:51   #80
BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the Hyundai Sonata Official Review Thread. Thanks

None of Hyundai's car have flared on the other side of 10 lakhs as pointed out by few BHPians.

Its better they initially concentrate on big size hatches and Sedans like Verna and Accent and get a newer versions or upgrades of existing ones.

Hence I voted for "No"

Last edited by GTO : 22nd March 2012 at 15:26. Reason: Adding link to review thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks