Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 11:15   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
6. GM, Toyota, Honda and FIAT are not the among the leaders in India probably becasue of their portfolio and market reach
India = Hatchbacks = Japs, Koreans & Indians (in that order, only Indian player is Tata). I'd say the Spark is doing pretty well for GM, so are Honda & Toyota in some segments (City & Accord for the former, Innova, Altis and now Fortuner for the latter). Each of these brands know that they need a wide portfolio of hatchbacks to score double-digit marketshare numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Skoda has increased prices of the Superb by 58k, which makes the price diff between it and the accord around 80k.
Considering the extra features the superb provides I don't see it hitting it's sales but let's see how the market responds to this. Current waiting period on the Superb is 6 weeks.
Even with the 58K price increase, the Superb is still superb value. Too bad about the company backing this product though, else the Superb would have scaled even newer heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
I faced the same situation in Pune when I went to enquire about the Ritz Zxi. A minimum of two weeks waiting period was mentioned to me. Interesting the Vxi was readily available and so were the diesel options with discount. Even the Swift petrol was having a two month waiting period.
Interesting turn of events. Yes, Maruti expected the diesel to contribute to 60-70% of the volumes. But unlike in the Swift, the Ritz petrol has an outstanding li'l motor.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Two weeks is really good in my opinion. When i went to enquire about the ZXi, i was told anything between 2-3 months for ZXi. All other models were available and discounts were also offered for diesels. But the ZXi was clearly not in stock.

Sorry that was a typo from my side. The Zxi had a two month waiting period and not a two week one.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell us the price difference between Swift petrol and diesel and Ritz petrol and diesel models? Someone said there is a difference of 80K between Ritz petrol and diesel, that is big money for someone buying a hatch. Maybe that's the reason for people leaning towards the petrol?
Old 14th September 2009, 14:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can someone tell us the price difference between Swift petrol and diesel and Ritz petrol and diesel models? Someone said there is a difference of 80K between Ritz petrol and diesel, that is big money for someone buying a hatch. Maybe that's the reason for people leaning towards the petrol?
In Bangalore (quote from Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road):

Swift VXI ABS - Rs. 536524
Swift VDI ABS - Rs. 616863

Ritz VXI ABS - Rs. 523834
Ritz VDI ABS - Rs. 613540

Difference is about 80K to 90K. You will agree Fiat parts are costly
Old 15th September 2009, 18:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
In Bangalore (quote from Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road):...
Ritz VXI ABS - Rs. 523834
Ritz VDI ABS - Rs. 613540

Difference is about 80K to 90K.
In Goa

Ritz VXI ABS - Rs. 4,49,690
Ritz VDI ABS - Rs. 5,17,785

Difference is tad over Rs 68,000.
With my running of 13,000 km a year, I would break even after 4.2 years of ownership, which is when I would sell the car anyway, so what's the point?
Old 15th September 2009, 21:19   #81
BHPian

Are the sales numbers of automatics going up ? Any numbers ? Is there a trend ?

Or are there more people on the forum with automatics now ?

Any ideas ?
Old 16th September 2009, 10:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has woken up from it's slumber. A new Linea advt is running on TV though it still only talks about the looks of the car. Can't 'Admiration (be) guaranteed' due to B&M, My Car features, longer service intervals, superlative ride and handling?

There was a advt on the last page of HT, Mumbai today. A black Linea's 3/4 view. It was WOW! It's punch line went 'Admiration guaranteed all year, service only once a year.' Finally Fiat seems to have woken up to Linea's other positives. Did anyone see that advt? That photograph of a black Linea should alone give them 50 sales!
Old 16th September 2009, 10:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone see that advt?
Didn't see that one but saw a Punto advt on on today's TOI. Long time since I saw a Punto advt anywhere.

Quote:
That photograph of a black Linea should alone give them 50 sales!
Haven't seen a black one yet but saw a maroon (or whatever they call it) one 2 days ago with crome lines on bumper and doors. Drooled over that one till it was out of sight.

If sources here are right and 1.4T-Jet is expected, then cant wait for it.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:42   #84
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat has woken up from it's slumber. A new Linea advt is running on TV though it still only talks about the looks of the car. Can't 'Admiration (be) guaranteed' due to B&M, My Car features, longer service intervals, superlative ride and handling?

There was a advt on the last page of HT, Mumbai today. A black Linea's 3/4 view. It was WOW! It's punch line went 'Admiration guaranteed all year, service only once a year.' Finally Fiat seems to have woken up to Linea's other positives. Did anyone see that advt? That photograph of a black Linea should alone give them 50 sales!
Saw the new Linea ad yesterday on star movies and cnbctv18. It shows a lid drooling over a flamenco red Linea passing by. Even though the ad is professionally done, it doesn't do justice to the car as the main focus is on looks alone and there is no mention of other features that are on offer.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Amit, Similar ad was seen in economic times, and times of India yesterday here in Bangalore as well.

i think, USPs are being positioned by FIAT well through these ads.
if they continuously do this for another year at least, then the image would certainly improve.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:54   #86
BHPian

Its from Pune now

[quote=vasudeva;1473679]Analysis was primarily prepared by GTO. Anyway, production figures for 8/2009 highlight the fact that some are selling older stock resulting in discounts. These include:
1. Fabia: 0 production in 8/2009. Guess the reason for 4.43 lakhs. They also had 0 production in 7/2009, and 10 in 6/2009. Is it imported because I see very little production over the last few months. Something not consistent at least for 2009.
quote]

Dear Vasudeva,

Fabia is manufactured at VW's Pune facility now.
It is not imported as CBU...though almost CKD.
We can not expect that price for imported CBU.
Old 20th September 2009, 17:29   #87
BHPian

Just heard from one of the dealers that a few folks (Japs) from Honda have come to meet the dealers and to personally collect feedback on Jazz. It seems they are visiting a set of existing Jazz customers to know what they expect from Jazz and so on. Looks like Honda might come up with some plan for Jazz; may be an early face-lift or some add on packages like Elegance/Inspire at some nominal price.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:53   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Just heard from one of the dealers that a few folks (Japs) from Honda have come to meet the dealers and to personally collect feedback on Jazz. It seems they are visiting a set of existing Jazz customers to know what they expect from Jazz and so on. Looks like Honda might come up with some plan for Jazz; may be an early face-lift or some add on packages like Elegance/Inspire at some nominal price.
It'd be far simpler for them to search this forum itself. In a nutshell:

1. Better price. Ideally, 1 - 1.25 lakhs shaved off the ex-showroom numbers.

2. Better trim level & more standard features. It is, after all, a premium positioned hatch!
Old 21st September 2009, 13:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
It seems they are visiting a set of existing Jazz customers to know what they expect from Jazz and so on.
Would make more sense if they visit people who checked out the Jazz but bought competition's cars.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Don't give much thought about these visits. Honda representatives visit random samples of customers regularly. We had one guy visit us a couple days after our car was delivered. They take feedback on dealership experience, how we like our car and what we would like more in the car and so on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks