Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 00:29   #31
BHPian

Please be a Golf GTi. If someone can make it happen I wont drink, smoke, hit on women or eat meat for a month. C'mon VW, answer my prayers.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

same ad

Found the same ad outside the delhi airport.
Attached Thumbnails
Teaser Ad "Fastest car on Indian roads". Which one?-clipboard01.jpg  

Old 15th September 2009, 02:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Found the same ad outside the delhi airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Please be a Golf GTi. If someone can make it happen I wont drink, smoke, hit on women or eat meat for a month. C'mon VW, answer my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
with the rather stinky attitude that VW bombay has. i would not even buy anything off them. first skoda has *** issues in VW the sales are so screwed up i can imagine the service. i dont think any other car company is settled well besides honda and hyundai and toyota i guess. they are rooted and know how to sell a car and maintain them at normal prices. even though initial car prices are high not that other cars are cheaper the maintainence over the years and next to nothing. i doubt living here i will ever change these 3 brands. p.s. - i am using all 3 brands as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IIRC, the R32 V6 was NA, but the latest Golf VI sportiest version is a 2.0 ltr. 265 bhp one. I doubt that with the fuel quality and the issue they have faced in Fabia, they will have courage to launch the car without detuning the engine. Will surely not the fastest. We have Accord V6 to save us along with the Mercs and BMW. Lets forget the imports, but this is just too much speculation. Hope that it manages to survive because where will they place the hatch ?

Above Fabia they will hurt Octy and Laura. At that level there is Jetta. Where will this car be slotted ? The question that is running in my mind that whether this car is a CBU or not. May be its CKD or SKD.
you guys still talking about Golf??

come on guys the ad has nothing to do with the golf! its the out going model, Golf Mk5!

VW cant launch an old golf along with new polo!

get this out of your heads, the ad has nothing to do with the Golf!
Old 15th September 2009, 03:56   #34
BHPian

Just my 2 cents: It has nothing to do with the TV series HUSTLE from the BBC either. I have watched all 5 seasons and it has absolutely nothing to do with cars.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:10   #35
Team-BHP Support

1: VW style of advertising is not like this - from concept to type face/ font

2: Where's the VW logo

It is for something else
Old 15th September 2009, 13:20   #36
evo
BHPian

I agree, its not for a car, but for a mag/show or something like that. Maybe even some new car care product. But its a nice looking ad nonetheless.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:35   #37
BHPian

Guess? Guess? - First VW - then TV Show - Now a mag - Or is it a Reality Show?
Old 15th September 2009, 18:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Just my 2 cents: It has nothing to do with the TV series HUSTLE from the BBC either. I have watched all 5 seasons and it has absolutely nothing to do with cars.
LOL I'll second that

It's not the kind of ad VW would put up - blatant declaration of fastest car.

Last edited by Nitronium : 15th September 2009 at 18:01. Reason: Typo
Old 15th September 2009, 19:16   #39
BHPian

The Hustle is a show on BBC about a group of conmen and how they pull one con after the other. Though the typeface ( the font) of the logo is different, this might be a case of us getting conned just as well!

My bet would be on the TV show, though knowing ad agency execs and how random they can be (no offences) This could be just about ANYTHING!

P.s. Saw the hustle guys shooting a new episode in Birmingham 2-3 weeks back, right outside my place. They had a kylie lookalike and an arab who was supposedly the target of the con. These shoots are boring!
Old 15th September 2009, 19:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

It looks like an advert for TV Show. its got so many eyeballs already.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:50   #41
BHPian

i think,

1) this is not a VW ad. at all. i dont think they are in a position to launch golf here guys. lets get real also notice they have no VW logos anywhere. its not a VW ad.

2) this looks like a tv/print magazine launch teaser.

3) as pointed out this is not about the show hustle either. its about con artists.. not cars. BTW i love that show

damn this is driving my nuts. cant think of anything!! maybe car tuning company launch??..

oh, how about a reality TV show about cars, fastest indian driver or something like that. you know!!! like the pulsar mania!!!
Old 21st September 2009, 04:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Should be this one: Ultimate Aero - the world’s most powerful production car

Ultimate Aero,the world's fastest car, to storm Indian roads

The Ultimate Aero - the world’s fastest car capable of reaching half the speed of a jetliner cruising at 30,000 ft - is set to debut in India with a price tag of over Rs 6 crore that will make it the costliest car sold in the country.

Its maker, the US-based Shelby Super Car (SSC), has decided to launch the car in Mumbai in the next few months and follow it up with a Delhi launch.

India will be the third market where the car, with a recorded speed of 413 kilometres per hour (257 mph), is sold after the US and Russia.

The Aero is fitted with a fuel-injected 6.35-litre twin-turbo charged V8 engine delivering 1,183 bhp of power and is capable of reaching 0-60 km/hour in 2.7 seconds.

The Aero comes with a host of luxury features including customised supple leather seats and suede interior, multi-speaker music system, on-board video and DVD screen, automatic back-up camera, navigational backup, power windows and mirrors.

The car is built of lightweight titanium and carbon fibre material to minimise weight. The two-seater, butterfly door (up sky-folding) car runs only on premium unleaded 91 high octane petrol, which is now available in some of India’s largest cities.

Source: Ultimate Aero,the world's fastest car, to storm Indian roads- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Official website: Shelby SuperCars - SSC - Exotic Luxury SuperCars
Attached Thumbnails
Teaser Ad "Fastest car on Indian roads". Which one?-hi26a.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 05:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Ultimate Aero,the world's fastest car, to storm Indian roads
what and a double !!. whats this doing here in india. lolz i can imagine cows, highways, this car and an ambulance lolz.

this ad was for this. but then why did the showed the hatchback man???
Old 21st September 2009, 09:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

i saw that ad albeit in landscape form at the delhi airport. didn't have the patience (it was at 3 am !!) to look at the fine print.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:52   #45
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit hard to digest that they advertized for this with a hatch in the teaser.

The Aero may be the fastest the Bugatti is the one that people know and remember as the fastest car currently.

Both would be misfits on our roads. It would be a torture owning and running these on any road in India.

A total waste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks