Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 21:30   #16
BHPian

Great write up dippy and rehan.
As I read through the post and saw the pics a shiver went through me.
German Engineering, love the dash and center console.
Hope to see one on the Bangalore roads.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:52   #17
BHPian

All said and done guys, The quattroporte S has better panache!..and the roar of that V8!
Old 1st October 2009, 21:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dippy , thanks for the report with pics. It's amazing to see the instrument panel with so many meters. Also the center console for driver and rear seat passenger seems full of buttons. Good coverage.
Old 1st October 2009, 22:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Great, go up there and take a lot of snaps for some unfortunate people like us who can`t attend.
Sure! 100s of them .. Loads of snaps coming soon
Old 1st October 2009, 22:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
Was watching the news today and the announcement was that there are 2 models one around 1.41 C and another 2.01 C.

Waiting for detailed pics
Yeah . I was told about the same . And ya , i'll try to the best of my ability to get the best pics .
Old 1st October 2009, 23:51   #21
Team-BHP Support

was launched in bombay today. saw the panamera while passing the showroom. it actually is pretty big.
Old 1st October 2009, 23:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great work Dippy and Rehaan. The car is ugly as hell and somehow does nothing to impress me, but i guess i said the same for the new 7 series and it has grown on me. I hope this too, now with the price tag this comes with the s competes with the S and the 7. The initial exclusivity is there but then on a later date how many do get sold is yet to be seen.
A buyer of mine had come down from Italy and he had driven the Panamera turbo on the track as part of the cars launch there and was floored. In his words a rocket of a sports car in sedan clothing. A must buy for the power and comfort the car offers, by the way he has booked the 458 italia for himself and currently drives the 612 and owns some great beauties.
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Here are a few Hi-Res shots of the Panamera Launch Event Mumbai.

Porsche Panamera India unveiling and presentation - a set on Flickr

Porsche Panamera Interior - a set on Flickr

More comming up.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice coverage fellas. Need to make a trip to Peddar Road soon. Damn these exams.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Great work Dippy and Rehaan. The car is ugly as hell and somehow does nothing to impress me, but i guess i said the same for the new 7 series and it has grown on me. I hope this too, now with the price tag this comes with the s competes with the S and the 7. The initial exclusivity is there but then on a later date how many do get sold is yet to be seen.
A buyer of mine had come down from Italy and he had driven the Panamera turbo on the track as part of the cars launch there and was floored. In his words a rocket of a sports car in sedan clothing. A must buy for the power and comfort the car offers, by the way he has booked the 458 italia for himself and currently drives the 612 and owns some great beauties.
Speedy

Seeing the no. of chauffeur driven Cayennes around, the Panamera has the potential to sell but the downer is the steep price. It may seem not too good looking in the showroom but I have heard it looks mindblowing on the road.

And for those who want more from their Panamera, 9FF already offers an ECU upgrade to 650 BHP along with upgraded turbos, exhausts etc. 9FF is officially in India so that's an added advantage.

A 650 BHP 4 door sportscar sound good what?
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, its ugly. But then its a Porsche and people may not really look at it like that. Remember that when Porsche was introduced in the U.S long ago, the first reaction to it was "it was ugly".

I would like for someone to see the engine bay of this. People who thought Honda City had no protection from below in engine bay (except in the wheel fenders) will now say "thats good way of saving weight". This has the same thing.
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:37   #27
BHPian

Yeah . The rear is really bad . The front is still good .
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Honestly, its ugly. But then its a Porsche and people may not really look at it like that. Remember that when Porsche was introduced in the U.S long ago, the first reaction to it was "it was ugly"
By this you mean the Cayenne, I presume.
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:07   #29
BHPian

Nice pics. Panamera looks ok, not that bad. There is always a hugh difference in the looks of the car when you see it in person rather than in the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And for those who want more from their Panamera, 9FF already offers an ECU upgrade to 650 BHP along with upgraded turbos, exhausts etc. 9FF is officially in India so that's an added advantage.
Hey dippy 9ff is in India? Where? I just love it's exhaust notes!
Any 9ff setup in mumbai?
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

A nice report there will detailed pics. The Panamera didn't look so good when i first saw it. But now the design is growing on me and i'm starting to like it! The interiors by far are one of the best ones i've seen. Just exudes luxury! Although I'd pick up the AM Rapide or the Quattroporte over this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks