Team-BHP - Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66632-production-ready-vw-polo-spotted-pg-11-23-a-5.html)

There's a press photo somewhere out there of a pre-production Polo on the assembly line at the new VW plant (Chakan?). If you look at the hood carefully, you can see that its the new (2010) Polo and not the outgoing one.

Of course, I agree that they could only price this car at 4L if it was the outgoing Polo (use old dies and molds from UK etc). The new one wont sell for anything less than 6L unless its stripped of many of its features and given previous generation engines.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the new Polo with a 1.2 TSI and the 7-speed DSG (wishful thinking, I know). Would happily pay 10L for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEnd (Post 1421713)

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the new Polo with a 1.2 TSI and the 7-speed DSG (wishful thinking, I know). Would happily pay 10L for it.

so we meet again on another thread in our quest for that sporty petrol hatch both of us are ready to pay for :)

I too am hoping for the 1.2 tsi and good disc brakes and all independent suspension :) would pay 10L for that! Don't care about the audio system or alloys, as i will put my own anyways!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1421723)
so we meet again on another thread in our quest for that sporty petrol hatch both of us are ready to pay for :)

I too am hoping for the 1.2 tsi and good disc brakes and all independent suspension :) would pay 10L for that! Don't care about the audio system or alloys, as i will put my own anyways!

haha.. indeed.. ours is a very futile quest.

I believe that even the European version of the 2010 Polo has a 'semi-independent' rear suspension, which is probably just another variant of the torsion beam setup found in the back of most small hatchbacks.

Rear disc brakes are one feature that could very easily be cut out of the Indian Polo and replaced with drum brakes, and frankly, if the engines provided are sub 100bhp then there really is no need for rear disc brakes.

Saw the car in (sky blue color) pune on university road. Coulden't take photos.
Th car was not covered nor it was trying to hide any logo.

http://***************.com/2009/08/r...-vw-polo-sedan
According to sources, the VW Polo sedan will be named after a wind (breeze, gale, storm, hurricane or typhoon). It will be manufactured at the company’s newly installed facility at Pune, which has begun production of the Fabia, and in the future, could also make the Up! and many other cars in the VW family.

The Volkswagen Polo sedan could be pitted against the likes of the Fiesta, Verna and the City. There could also be cheaper variants that will brush shoulders with the Tata Indigo, Swift Dzire and Ford Ikon.
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-vw_polo_sedan.jpg

Looks a LOT like the new honda city from this angle...anybody agree ??

am frankly not sure I even like the car pictured in this. I was rather hoping for the jazzy and stylish Polo SuperHatch.
the looks of the car pictured here simply do not appeal - what difference frankly is there between this and any old silly sedan from any old manufacturer?
However, going by our observations of our countrymen, I am certain it will sell like hot cakes if priced well. Because for the most part, people are looking for space, for a boot (for status), a good badge/marque(again for status) and a VFM price. If all these are met, then it will be a killer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 1453054)

The hatch will surely be there, in addition to the sedan... however the pic above is slightly different from

http://media2.paultan.org/images/new...ssic-large.jpg

In fact, above pic is just an SX4 back pasted onto a polo!

the red car in your pic looks much better than the beige car in the earlier pic which I didnt like

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipunkul (Post 1453134)
The hatch will surely be there, in addition to the sedan... however the pic above is slightly different from

http://media2.paultan.org/images/new...ssic-large.jpg

In fact, above pic is just an SX4 back pasted onto a polo!

The more pertinent question is that who will be the dealers for the beauties. Will we have the same crooks who now peddle Skoda or will VW have commonsense to appoint new sets of dealers.

If they go for a joint dealership arrangement with Skodas, they might as well kiss the Indian market goodbye as the reputation of Skoda is tanking very very fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1453158)
the red car in your pic looks much better than the beige car in the earlier pic which I didnt like

Better is the right word but still not eye catching.
Not much of an appeal imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 1453054)

Yes, at the first look I though that this is PhotoShop work and the rear of Honda city was added to polo and then edited. Polo is relatively new for VW to start production of this sedan.

Cant say that the news is true, but if this comes along, City, Verna and even Linea will have to worry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1453329)
Yes, at the first look I though that this is PhotoShop work .

This is indeed a PS job.Its just a rendering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aby (Post 1453255)
The more pertinent question is that who will be the dealers for the beauties. Will we have the same crooks who now peddle Skoda or will VW have commonsense to appoint new sets of dealers.

If they go for a joint dealership arrangement with Skodas, they might as well kiss the Indian market goodbye as the reputation of Skoda is tanking very very fast.

they already have 35 dealers across India, they have no plans to stick up to the Skoda dealers. THey are very well aware about their reputation.

There is no confusion about which Version of the Polo we will get. Its going to be the one launched this year, nothing older.
As for the sedan version, the Polo "classic" has done the rounds in Brazil and China, and when it gets updated, it should bear strong family resemblance to this image from AutoBild of a Mk6 Golf Coupe. Poor man's Jetta, perhaps?
VW is on record saying that they will introduce a notchback version of the Polo by end of 2010.
Hopefully, by then they will have decided on the 1.2 or 1.4 TSI engines as well!