Mahindra Logan 22 10.58%
Swift Dzire 2 0.96%
Tata Manza 131 62.98%
Linea 40 19.23%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 15:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

The reviews of the Manza here have been quite good. My vote would be for the Manza.

The Logan rear seats are quite spacious too. However the car has been around for a while now and can be replaced. Also there have been talks of MM and Renault parting ways. Manza would be a safer bet.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:38   #17
BHPian

Why not consider the Ambassador?

Sorry for interrupting the flow, but I find HM's Ambassador one of the most successful sedans (if you can consider it to be one) and it is meant to be mostly chauffeur driven

Unfortunately not too many are visible outside WB.
Old 25th October 2009, 16:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
I find HM's Ambassador one of the most successful sedans (if you can consider it to be one) and it is meant to be mostly chauffeur driven
Wow that's true and yes, definitely will garner some votes here. Especially the petrol 1.8 ISZ.
Old 25th October 2009, 16:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unfortunately not too many are visible outside WB.
It is highly popular in the south as well. The rear bench is excellent.

But do people really consider it for a new car purchase decision? Even cabs & govt offices seem to be moving on with the newer choices available.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:22   #20
BHPian

If you want the best rear seat comfort,VFM and economy i think Manza is the best option avaialable.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:48   #21
BHPian

Why will Linea be in the Entry Level Diesel sedan category.. By its dimentions, it actually falls in the c+ category if I am not wrong. Am I missing something?

I am puzzled. If Linea qualifies for being the entry level sedan, you may need to include Fiesta and the verna as well.

That will be the correct poll.

However in the entry level sedan, Manza will be the best fit. I am not sure even Manza qualifies for the same.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th October 2009, 18:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Ford Ikon Diesel.

1) The back seat is really very comfortable. Although Manza has great rear seat space, I am not sure about its ride quality. The Ikon has the best ride and handling at that price point. So even if occasionally the owner has to drive, it will be entertaining.

2) FE. FE is really good with that 1.4. Manza will have that too, but Ikon weighs less. Manza has to prove itself first in FE department. Ikon is relatively more proven.

3) Price. I think both of them are priced low, but the Ikon is currently quite cheap and recently the spare cost prices have gone down too.
Old 25th October 2009, 20:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

+ 1 to that. I think the Linea is out of place here and my vote goes to the Manza on that basis. I saw the interiors first hand and as usual wish some of the plastics were a little better. (inside door lock and lever the best example of really poor plastic). These expected issues notwithstanding, I would seriously consider it as a second car for only the driver to ferry the family around - to and fro trips etc. Spares the more expensive petrol sedans for only owner driven use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Why will Linea be in the Entry Level Diesel sedan category.. By its dimentions, it actually falls in the c+ category if I am not wrong. Am I missing something?

I am puzzled. If Linea qualifies for being the entry level sedan, you may need to include Fiesta and the verna as well.

That will be the correct poll.

However in the entry level sedan, Manza will be the best fit. I am not sure even Manza qualifies for the same.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th October 2009, 21:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Manza, any day. So much car for so little. Linea doesn't qualify to be labelled an entry level sedan. It's in uppper end of C segment but what the heck, it beats even D segment cars in looks. The cheapest ( Manza ) and the best looker ( Linea ), both are parked in Tata showroom. I am sure with these two cars there, Tata showrooms are going to see lot of action these days.

And how can they mention Linea and Logan in same breath. One is a graceful swan and the other, an ugly duck.

Last edited by pgsagar : 25th October 2009 at 21:57.
Old 25th October 2009, 23:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I find HM's Ambassador one of the most successful sedans (if you can consider it to be one) and it is meant to be mostly chauffeur driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Wow that's true and yes, definitely will garner some votes here. Especially the petrol 1.8 ISZ.
Just came across this thread, and I thought the answer would be an automatic no-brainer!

Considered to have one of the best levels of rear seat comfort in the world (beats the back seat comfort of entry-level Mercs), the Amby was, is and will be the king of chauffeur-driven cars in this country (though not many appear to agree lately - the new cars LOOK better)! Falling asleep in the rear seat is easy. And when your chauffeur takes the car in for service, you can continue to sleep, and not wake up with nightmares about service/repair bills.

Available in petrol, diesel, and CNG.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Indigo has the best rear seat in its class, think the same had carried by MANZA as well, though I haven't driven one.

Note: Even the Dzire rear seat is completely different from its hatch.
It is more inclined towards the boot.
Have cushioning on either side of the seats near the doors, where this is missing in swift.
This give additional comfort for the passengers on either side with three people in the rear.

Though there is no increase in width/dimension of the hatch, I can say its little comfortable.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:20   #27
BHPian

I know its not on the list. But my take would be Indigo XL. By far the best car to be chauffed in for a entry level sedan.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:34   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually it is odd to see fiesta, SX4 7 Verna missing from the thread but linea which is a segment higher featured?

Frankly in the entry level it should be the Manza that wins but the competetion should not include Linea which would win the Rs. 1-2L higher category segment.

Putting linea in this poll and leaving out SX4, Fiesta, Verna is not fair to Linea
Old 26th October 2009, 10:20   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Mahindra Logan is a great car to be sitting in the back in and being chauffeured around - MERU & EASY cabs are a case in point.
Swift Dzire - extremely comfortable while being chauffeured around while sitting in the back - very roomy, comfortable suspension and great AC and other comfort features.
The Indigo XL - excellent rear seat leg room.
Linea - nice but head room at rear is not sufficient.
Manza looks nice and feels good in terms of rear legroom and head room but I ll reserve my opinion till Ive driven it or been driven in it.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:59   #30
BHPian

I will vote for Ikon for the comfortable ride ( because of its well balanced suspension and sound insulation compared to others in the poll ). Manza for its rear seat and space and also ease to get in and out of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks