Ford Fusion 1 0.48%
Mahindra Logan 22 10.58%
Swift Dzire 2 0.96%
Tata Manza 131 62.98%
Linea 40 19.23%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 21:35   #61

Cant count Linea as Entry level sedan..and even Manza(also its not yet available for test drive)..Voted for Ikon.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Had a detailed test of the Manza (report coming up soon) and let me say this : NOTHING in the segment compares to the Manza's rear seat. 28 degree reclined (very reclined, angle identical to the S Class), superb room (more than cars costing 2x - 3x as much) and soft ride in the city. My old-gen Indigo was always great on the back seat, but the Manza takes it to another level.

The only car that comes close is the Logan; the others on this poll are not even in contention for rear bench comfort.
Hey GTO, ever since I heard on an autoshow that the Manzxa has a 28 degree reclining seat, which is exactly similar to the S Class, have been hunting for data on the reclining angle of rear seats across all cars in the C, C+ and the D segment. And now, i think who is better positioned than you to answer this question, as you have td'ed almost all the cars across all segments.

Can you please throw some light on this and include SUVs also to the list
Old 29th October 2009, 23:15   #63
BANNED

Linea should not be here . It is not an entry level diesel sedan .
I would say Manza is the best entry level diesel sedan .
Old 30th October 2009, 11:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
TATA Manza or Logan. Nothing can beat them. My pick is Manza because its new and very much tuned compared to old models.

Ravi.
I completely agree with you.
1. Manza
2. Logan

Fusion cannot be called a Sedan! I always felt it was a Huge though Outdated hatch which was positioned wrongly. Never seen much promos either. Ford's version of the Getz.

Linea can battle the City. Surely it's not just another entry level car? It's the classiest car in this lot!
Old 30th October 2009, 15:18   #65
BANNED

Mods, it is highly UNFAIR to include Fiat Linea in this bracket. It belongs to the one above, please REMOVE from this poll.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:23   #66
BHPian

Manza seems to be the first choice but since, havent experienced, have voted for Logan for its comforts. Linea- I wouldnt let my driver touch it- its beautiful.
Old 30th October 2009, 15:35   #67
BHPian

Manza, i havent driven or even seen in flesh. Linea, as someone said cannot be treated as entry level. Ikon, is indeed a great VFM package. The rear seat is the best among these.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:06   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been universally agreed by almost all in this thread that Linea should not be in the poll or the thread - it is NOT an entry level sedan. Is it possible to remove it from the poll as it slights the vehicle (especially as fiesta, Verna, SX4 & ANHC) are not included.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
the manza as mentioned by me before ,is the poor mans limo this is good as a chauffeur driven vehicle and nothing more.personally i would not like to be seen driving an indigo my self but wouldn't mind driving the Linea or the desire for the matter of fact.
The indigo manza is a workhorse no matter what tata does ,they cannot change my view on the indigo.about Logan fantastic car but again more of a workhorse.Linea is the most stylish one of the lot without a doubt.
You may be right about the Indigo but the Manza is quite another kettle of fish. You have aptly termed it as a poor man's limo, and it is just that, it's build quality notwithstanding. It can transport you in superlative comfort from Point A to B
However the Dzire is a wannabe sedan which is not even fit to be called a poor man's limo, it's just a hatch with a hideous bolt on boot with rear leg space fit only for the Tojos. However since guys feel better driving around in a Sedan rather than a Hatch, it does at least this feelgood job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby View Post
While I have not really sat on a Manza and traveled long distances, I can vouch for the comfort of the rear seats in a Logan. Yes the suspension helps too, but the seat were simply a notch better than anything else in its class (Ikon, Fiesta, Indigo or Dezire). So if rear seat comfort is the only deciding factor, I will go for Logan (or maybe Manza if reports are to be believed)
Well, for short distances it is OK, but if you're going intercity, better have a Roof Luggage Carrier fitted and hang on tight since the the manza's roof is kind of inclined and you may get blown (as in away!) at three digit speeds. And mind your head in the tunnels, sir........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks