Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 10:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

what is this with mahindra & the colors?

firstly, scorpio 4WD was available only in black & white. now xylo with airbags only in white!!!

why? how does that help mahindra? are white xylos built on a seperate plant? is installing airbags easier/cheaper in a white xylo? somethings which we will never understand...
Old 10th July 2010, 13:49   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I agree with Raj. The body goes through the paint booth first before the other stuff is added, so I could never understand why Mahindra will limit features based on color choices. Guess the factory production manager is not smart enough to manage production if color choices are more than one or two. Especially that the 4x4 is made only after booking, why limit the color choice.
Old 12th July 2010, 13:52   #48
BHPian

I am guessing Mahindra probably mass produced the white body.

Well this is waht the sales executive in SKS Bangalore told us but the guy in India Garage said he could get us airbags in any color given 6 weeks and 25k-50k booking payment.

We just went ahead without airbags for a black color from SKS. We were also not quite sure how basically airbags respond to India roads. And considering a change of the unit incase of an accidental deployment costing 50k+, it just seems a better idea to give the airbags a miss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks