Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 19:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If Fiat offers similar VFM package + similar A.S & S., perhaps people will as its a SX4, which itself is based on extended Swift.
OT:
All Fiat cars in India offer excellent VFM - starting from Palio to Linea!
They only need to catch up on the Service front, which they are doing steadily.

For your info, SX4 is based on the Fiat Sedici platform!
The extended Swift is called the Dzire
Old 6th November 2009, 19:44   #152
BHPian

Very nice thread. We need to give vent to our frustration guys go on.

Yess

1) Its frustrating that an ugly car like Dzire is desired by so many Indians with so much of a waiting period when competitive cars are around.
I hope things change going forward.
2) They have Innumerable cosmetic changes without giving much inspite being the market leaders in the entry segment.
3) Not giving an extra mirror does not show business to me. Its not like your marging is wafer thin.
4) Fit and finish is suspect and quality is average although chasis is quite stiff.
5) The A** has been blown out of proportions and Maruti is riding on top due to this factor mostly and the headstart it had about 3 decades back.

I am pretty sure things will change for worse for Suzuki if it doesnt get its act together and give us more attention interms of offering what it does to Europe and not resorting to stupid cosmetic changes.

Kizashi has a lot of promise but it would be difficult to make a mark in that segment even if the car is capable.

Brands that it needs to watch out for.

1) Toyota ( they are damn slow and hope they price their hatchbacks/ entry level sedans around Punto and I20/ Fiesta )
2) VW ( Have a lot of potential but need to watch out how serious they are)
3) TATA ( They are moving up steadily and have potential)
4) Hyundai ( The company who have treated India with some sort of parity interms of their offerings)
5) Fiat ( Cant say actually)

We own a Swift Zxi 2005 Model and it has been quite reliable but that does not hide some facts does it.

Suzuki will make hay while the sun shines

Last edited by muni : 6th November 2009 at 19:46.
Old 6th November 2009, 21:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
5) Point is, if Maruti is not good as you have tried best to portray, others are not great as again you have tried to prove. So if you are happy to bring maruti into discussion, be kind enough to bring in other manufacturers also. Atleast be open to accept that its not only Maruti, but others are equally culprit as far as compromise goes.
I didn't portray anything it was there in the newspaper. Read the entire thread again, I have said the same for every car manufacturer who compromises not just Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Please watch you tone. Just because you started a thread doesn't give you divine powers to badmouth others. If you have a point better justify it here. Till now I've not seen any valuable, factual contribution from you rather than questioning everyone's point.
Mr WhiteKnight what was wrong in my tone. Read it again. And read again your quote above you will realise whoose tone is over the limit, quite understandable.

Don't just bash me because I started the thread, obviously I wanted gyan thats why didn't I start the thread in the first place.

Now if I had so much of factual data with me I wouldn't start the thread, would I. So keep the dicussion healthy. Read the entire thread again, I have said the same for every car manufacturer who compromises not just Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Apologies for going OT. What makes you think that a villager does not need a RVM?
hi beejay, you didn't get my point. A naive ignorant buyer would just buy a car Out of the box, without realising if he needs some extra fitting. Yes any car buyer would need the RVM.
Old 6th November 2009, 22:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Most of the Indians make a compromise by buying a Maruti for the sake of A.S.S, Resale and maybe FE!
These are the priority items for them, they are not bothered about Safety, Build quality, Ride comfort, Handling etc.
It might be harsh to quote it in that way, lemme rephrase it - to most of them
A.S.S, resale and FE scores over the points mentioned by you. As DCEite mentioned Swift and few other cars are known for their handling , agreed built quality is below par !!!
Old 6th November 2009, 22:37   #155
BHPian

Everybody has gone overboard here with their views. IMO all the manufacturers do something or the other to cut costs and those who don't charge premium for providing quality cars.

Maruti does provide safety features in their ZXI versions and hence there is no compromise on that front. All those who are safety conscious can buy the top-end model. It's the sales of lower-end models which encourages Maruti to keep continuing those models. If there were no takers for Swift Lxi, Maruti wouldn't have launched Ritz Lxi as it doesn't make any business sense to do the same. We can't really blame Maruti for such business tactics as everybody does it. Hyundai does it by cutting on features (i10 Asta vs Ritz Zxi) whereas Honda charges a hefty premium for not compromising.

So at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. To each his own. Peace.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:07   #156
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Everybody has gone overboard here with their views.
Quote:
So at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. To each his own. Peace.
Guys, interesting discussion though I'd agree with the final post from Gandhi.

This thread = closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks