Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:06   #226
BHPian

Didn't they sell 3000+ cars in Oct, so it is a good drop on the MoM figures. The Manza effect?
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:26   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Its pretty logical . Both Jetta and Laura are very identical .Why then would someone pay more and go for a Jetta ???
Yup, I totally agree and plus Laura also comes with a few more features than Jetta.
But Jetta is a good alternative to Laura if you're afraid of Skoda's A.S.S
Old 4th December 2009, 14:21   #228
BHPian

[quote=ACM;1611964]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
As far as the point about Fiat that is going on - I believe the decision to go with TATA is correct, they just can't get a better service network for themselves by themselves.
I too think it all started well but they are not getting the sales to their benefit... In general, advertising and stuff can take the customer to the showroom but cannot make him overcome the words the sales guys put across in favor of the Tata cars.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:45   #229
BHPian

Time to close this thread and Open a November 09 sales thread? From what I can see in the papers, looks like every manufacturer has had a gala time selling as many vehicles as they can manufacture and delivery to showrooms?
Old 4th December 2009, 18:26   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
but cannot make him overcome the words the sales guys put across in favor of the Tata cars.
I totally disagree with you here. Atleast going by my experience at concorde Bangalore, no one of the Tata/Fiat Team suggested a Tata make for me unless I asked them first about Manza or Vista out of curiosity. They had Fiat dedicated personnel who wore a Fiat logo and were telling about Fiat cars only.

Last edited by samsan02 : 4th December 2009 at 18:27.
Old 4th December 2009, 20:05   #231
BHPian

[quote=ACM;1611964]
Quote:
As far as the point about Fiat that is going on - I believe the decision to go with TATA is correct, they just can't get a better service network for themselves by themselves.
I too think it all started well but they are not getting the sales to their benefit... In general, advertising and stuff can take the customer to the showroom but cannot make him overcome the words the sales guys put across in favor of the Tata cars.
Old 4th December 2009, 22:20   #232
BHPian

I am dying to know whether Premier was able to sell a single Rio or not?
Old 4th December 2009, 22:52   #233
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I am dying to know whether Premier was able to sell a single Rio or not?
Looks like people have already forgotten this car Haven't seen a single ad till date. But for the coverage in auto magazines, no one would have even noticed that a car like this was launched
Old 6th December 2009, 13:24   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
dude you have very less knowledge in cars for sure, you are trying to say jetta is not as good as civic & altis?? have u ever driven a german car bro? Do u know who is the biggest car manufacturer in the World? Baaam Its VW hahaha i dont know what made u say they cater to lower market just cant stop laughing
cheers..
i am a german car fan too...but its about them they become a little more humble

do you really mean it?

youre not making any sence at all...

if hyundai sells more than mercedes does that make hyundai more prestigeous than mercedes??!

come on

all over the world VW ,toyota,honda cater to the same segment primerily(even tho each of them have cars in higher segments)

vw jetta is a nice car if its marjinally priced above corolla and civic IF THEY EQUALLY well equiped (interiors and other accessories). but the jetta doesnt even with the brand image and evrything jetta has somethings to make up for in that segment

it is you my friend have no knowledge of cars...atleast the status of their brand

and for your kind information i know germans who have come to india and have chosen japs over jetta

there's just a few guys like you who wud buy 'DAS AUTO' at any cost
i believe jetta is a nice car. but there is still scope for the company to add value

could you also explain your comment to me?
Old 6th December 2009, 13:49   #235
BHPian

Hey friends,

Does anyone have any idea about Mitsubishi sales figures? I've tried searching on the web but to no avail till now :(
Old 6th December 2009, 19:18   #236
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ACM;1611964]
Quote:

Yep there are only going to be goo positive news for us. Honda cars are good, but specked poorly for our markets. Honda will be forced to add more features and price better.

VW is a better (read premium) brand than Skoda or Honda worldwide.
In India if we can show off the Skoda and even the honda badge then the VW badge definately can be shown off.

VW let us remember owns Audi and skoda the technology and parts are the same.

Agreed, but today toyota and honda are slowly being known as the most reliable cars as well, (with the decline of german quality)

Yep very true a Laura in India cost more than an E-Class Merc in the USA.

They just need to add more powerful variant of their cars, and keep the marketing campaign going on for some more time.

there is no problem for VW to sell cars at marginally high price than these cars only if they have offer similar package

for example if jetta is certainly a nice car to drive
but considering the offering of chevy cruze in the same segment

the difference in price of jetta are greater then wat jetta can offer
also fiats to have a history of selling iconic cars like 500 but still it cant sell cars at the premium which the honda demands

my point is simple brand is not always that adds to premium its also the product, jus because 500 is an expensive car palio or punto cannot expect the premium,and same goes for jetta .there is nothing wrong with jetta being priced high but the problem is they dont offer the value which corolla,civic,cruze AND laura are givin

so for the the price jetta is placed looking at its interiors and other accessories its not worth it

you cant buy the car just because they also manufacture beetle

i hope you got what i mean
Old 7th December 2009, 10:27   #237
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=MotoKris;1615942]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Have been to a TATA+ FIAT showroom many times at no point did a sales man either push TATA more than FIAT or talk negative about FIAT.

[quote=AMATMO;1619143][quote=ACM;1611964]

there is no problem for VW to sell cars at marginally high price than these cars only if they have offer similar package

for example if jetta is certainly a nice car to drive
but considering the offering of chevy cruze in the same segment

the difference in price of jetta are greater then wat jetta can offer
also fiats to have a history of selling iconic cars like 500 but still it cant sell cars at the premium which the honda demands

my point is simple brand is not always that adds to premium its also the product, jus because 500 is an expensive car palio or punto cannot expect the premium,and same goes for jetta .there is nothing wrong with jetta being priced high but the problem is they dont offer the value which corolla,civic,cruze AND laura are givin

so for the the price jetta is placed looking at its interiors and other accessories its not worth it]

There is a major difference between the Cruz and the Laura & Jetta as far as features and build quality is concerned, Autocar and Overdrive have both rated the Laura better than the Cruz in the Dec shootouts. (am considering the Laura as a VW shootout itself.

The points you mention about the Jetta are true to some extent especially with it's own sibling the Laura being more competetive for the same engine, platform, features etc, with just a style difference.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:49   #238
BHPian

re:

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Personal attacks, especially on a culture or class of society, will NOT be tolerated. We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2009 at 10:49.
mohandas is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2009, 14:45   #239
Senior - BHPian

The year on year growth for Nov 2009 and Dec 2009 should be taken with a pinch of salt. Reasons: the denominator (Nov 2008+Dec 2008) were exceptionally bad months as the global crisis hit.

Consider this: 10/08: 126276, 11/08: 99383; 12/08: 99352; 1/09: 137284. Now consider that 10/09 ended with 167763, and similar or round about numbers will give a growth of 60-70% year on year, which is what car makers will give as a press release.

Nevertheless, the recovery in Indian and world auto sales is truly on. Just discount the percentage growth figs. a bit.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:33   #240
BHPian

Hello Vasudeva

When are you posting November sales details. Awaiting eagerly.....................
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks