Team-BHP - Tata Indica- a tribute
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Indica- a tribute (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/69632-tata-indica-tribute-7.html)

with an ad like this, how could one not fall in love with the car :)
YouTube - Indica

Very few people seem to notice that Indica was the first car in India to have undergone crash test before coming to the market. "Quality car manufacturers" such as Hyundai & Maruti were not bothered with this factor for Indian market

Sid, your thread brings back fond memories of the launch and the excitement that followed. A close friend and I landed up at the Tata dealership on the day of the launch and we had to elbow our way in. We not only managed to get in, but also got to check the drivers seat out and with our experiences till then (I had a M800 and he used to drive an Esteem), we were amazed at the SPACE!
thanks for triggering some good memories. P.S. I went on to buy 3 indicas later in my life!

The Diesel India was a great VFM car. I guess most of u guys posting in this thread are proud owners of the same.
But being one of the unfortunate few who ended with a TATA Indica Xeta (falling prey to a shrewed Sales rep.) I don't share similar feelings for the car.
I have the following issues for 4 yrs now:
1. Unbearable AC belt noise, gets worse in winters
2. If you change petrol between, you experience engine Knocking. So bad that you will have to pull up on the side of the road and leave the engine idling for a few minutes
3. Very poor mileage inside city (Though on the highway she gives good numbers)
4. Very poor interiors, i have had too many niggles to be satisfied.
I apologize to spoil your party and but just tot i must share my honest thoughts as a Indica user for 4 years.

Great write up Sid , as with so many others it brings back a flood of memories .
Tata launching it in the expo was a big event .All the auto magazines had got delayed as they wanted to get the Indicas first pictures in their issues . Then they had if I remember right miss India launching it in Geneva . It was the first proper car designed and made by an Indian car manufacturer .
Even I felt sad that the Indica Sport never reached the market. I also felt they should enter INRC or something to make their cars better . Never the less with each generation they are getting better .
We had a silver V2 DLS . It was amazingly frugal and spacious and dad never had a problem giving the keys to me !

The old Indica has got a design that is aging really well IMO.We have a pista colored Indica in our family.With nice alloys and body graphics it still manages to turn heads on the streets.

Presenting some old memories related to Indica.
I remember it was a panic at the showroom when the Indica was launched, it was almost two days waiting for just a test drive of this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren959 (Post 1600259)
Presenting some old memories related to Indica.
I remember it was a panic at the showroom when the Indica was launched, it was almost two days waiting for just a test drive of this car.

Can you post the pics of the entire article relating to the Indica from both the magazines PLEASE? I have none of them. I will save it and read it tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1600295)
Can you post the pics of the entire article relating to the Indica from both the magazines PLEASE? I have none of them. I will save it and read it tonight.

I am really very excited that "sidindica" is asking something from me!!:thumbs up Its my pleasure to do the needful.
Now I can realise, all that hard work done from 1995, collecting all the auto magazines by me is paying me right now..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren959 (Post 1600533)
I am really very excited that "sidindica" is asking something from me!!:thumbs up Its my pleasure to do the needful.
Now I can realise, all that hard work done from 1995, collecting all the auto magazines by me is paying me right now..

Its been 200 minutes, so please: do the needful!

Here are more memories related to The Indica..enjoy them

Thanks a lot bro!clap:

i guess Nano Dashboard is Taken from this??:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 1602852)
i guess Nano Dashboard is Taken from this??:D

Not only the dash, Ratan Tata wanted to develop a small car for India, here in photo it was already there, called "The Zing Concept" now it was launched as NANO.

Very nice write up sir!, i owned the very first vehicle launched in my city Tata Indica 1999 model, and now also i own it. when i bought the vehicle it came with 4 Gears and i can surely say that the 4 geares Indica has the best torque,pick-up in all the indica's revealed by tata.:)