Team-BHP - Tata Indica- a tribute
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Indica- a tribute (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/69632-tata-indica-tribute-9.html)

Sadly, Tata has deleted the USB/aux-in input for stereo in all indica vista aura models, only a mp3 CD player is standard. The HU is also new with manza aqua style HU.

there seems to be some cost cutting involved. Read elsewhere that day/night IRVM's were also being removed

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1611717)
thanx bro!

The pleasure was all mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1611717)
BTW does anyone have the article on indica V2 first drive on autocar India's either of the January/ February/ March 2001 issues?

I am sure to have this. I will post this as soon as I scan the above.

Hi Sid,

This is what you wanted:

With due credits for the good folks at Auto Car India,

Tata Indica- a tribute-acicover_medium.jpg

Tata Indica- a tribute-aciindica01_medium.jpg

Tata Indica- a tribute-aciindica02_medium.jpg

Tata Indica- a tribute-aciindica03_medium.jpg

Tata Indica- a tribute-aciindica04_medium.jpg

This is an ad in the same issue:
Tata Indica- a tribute-aciindica05_medium.jpg

Coincidentally, even my Indica story starts in February 2001 - 13th to be exact. This is a summary:(Indica V2 DLE, Feb 01 - Dec 04, Rs 1.6L, 65016 kms, 15kpl). I was specifically asked to wait for the V2 version when I wnted to take an Indica in January 2001. Mine was among the first lot of V2s delivered in Ernakulam / Cochin. The same gold colour. I test drove a DLS and decided not to have that extra equipment to woory about. Big mistake, as I realised later, the power steering would have made my experience with it much more memorable.

Enjoy.

Thanks! appreciated.

11 years of providing India with a car thats truly more car per car and that changes everything the way we looked at small cars.

A very very happy 11th birthday to our first indigeniously designed and engineered passenger car-the Indica!

December 30, 1998 and counting..

Just for your information if you dont know. You might have heard that Indica V2 Turbo is discontinued and now only NA option is available. The fact is that it is still very well available with Turbo, only you need to order for that. It is only available on request of buyer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushantr5 (Post 1676890)
Just for your information if you dont know. You might have heard that Indica V2 Turbo is discontinued and now only NA option is available. The fact is that it is still very well available with Turbo, only you need to order for that. It is only available on request of buyer.

I asked about this with Cochin Dealer 3 weeks back.As Per them ,Only Indica DLE and DLS are available.:confused:

it doesn't make sense to buy the turbo when the vista TDi is available :)

If anyone feels otherwise, feel free to buy me a vista. I'll gladly give you an indica turbo + depreciation costs in return :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1677199)
it doesn't make sense to buy the turbo when the vista TDi is available
If anyone feels otherwise, feel free to buy me a vista. I'll gladly give you an indica turbo + depreciation costs in return

:thumbs up

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes I do wonder though, whether Tata should have continued with the development of a Dicor Turbo. It just seems to me that in case the Tata-Fiat venture falls out in the future, whether they would have the know-how to make smaller capacity diesel engines of international standards.

Although, contractual obligations must surely be there for Fiat to provide engineering for some time after the contract expires or there is a fallout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1677199)
it doesn't make sense to buy the turbo when the vista TDi is available :)

If anyone feels otherwise, feel free to buy me a vista. I'll gladly give you an indica turbo + depreciation costs in return :D

Yes me too agree with this that's why this turbo model is not for open sell. As you know Vista can not be registered as Taxi so if Any Taxiwala want to buy a Turbo model of Indica V2 then he can have this as a option.

This is fantastic thread. I had no Idea about the history (thank God) when I bought my first Indica xeta, which I immediately liked after a test ride. wonderful car.
Now I have a vista (q) some people say that you get hooked to tata cars.
Guess I will be driving Big T birds always..
salute to sidindica.
Manu

Any news about INDICA V2 BS-IV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Alok) (Post 1716955)
Any news about INDICA V2 BS-IV?

Hopefully ,Tata can still sell Indica's in Rest of India(non-metro) as BS-III is already satisfied by Indica V2 NA Models.

Regarding NA 1.4L IDI Engine passing BS-IV ,I think No.and if 1.4 Dicor's(Hopefully with Niggling Issues resolved,tested) are still with TATA ,They can get it in Indica?:D

So they are going to discontinue it?:Shockked: