Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 15:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
I recently bought Indigo Manza and now want to add RD's sensors from their showroom. But the point made by the Manza sales guy that my warranty will be void if I do add any accessories from outside the showroom is stopping me. Any suggestions?.

Vijay
I bought Vista in july 2009 and did add a parking sensor - no issues on warranty. The problem is the sales guy's lack of knowledge. These sensors come with connectors and while installation they do not need to cut any wires and hence warranty does not get void. Even I was told the same but then I talked to the sevice head of that showroom who said nothing like this. He in turn also educated the sales guy about this.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
I recently bought Indigo Manza and now want to add RD's sensors from their showroom. But the point made by the Manza sales guy that my warranty will be void if I do add any accessories from outside the showroom is stopping me. Any suggestions?.
See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sensor-22.html post no 324 by NiTviN

I would suggest you go through that entire thread.
Old 27th November 2009, 17:15   #33
BHPian

Parking Sensors surely help, but they only do so in Sedans. I have a longish hatch and never really felt the need for one, within a month one gets used to reversing keeping in mind the location.

In hatch, more often than not, the bumper ends about 20 cms from the end of the roofline. Having sensors just give the false impression of empty space while you might be actually backing into a large tree branch. This is easily visible in a cabin mirror, but the added confidence can spoil us to overlook such things. Luggage, a 5th head, rear headrests are other things that can impair such judgements.

Now about Mumbai and Delhi, and Bangalore
It's more of a trend to have fancy stuff added to the car and each city has its preferences. Delhi would surely go for larger stereos, amps, speakers, subs, and in fact many would have a rear mounted camera inside the car (that's how 5 cars with parking sensors) which is compatible to most 2 DIN players.

This trend is not so pronounced in Mumbai and Bangalore, at least not as yet. I could be wrong though. Personally I feel, "seeing is believing" and reversing cameras win over Parking Sensors any day. I would like to see where I am going if at all its possible.

Saving the Bumper
This does not work in Bangalore. Used to travel everyday on Banerghatta Road, Bangalore, and the average was 1 hit every 2nd week in bumper to bumper evening and morning traffic. You may have a sensor, but the fellow behind has his eyes missing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks