Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 11:28   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends. I just booked the 5 seater ac version. The 5 seater can seat only 4 at best in decent comfort. I think the Eeco is the most utilitarian vehicle one can get for the price. Unlike the old maruti van, your head doesn't hit the roof. Acceleration and handling is decent for its dimensions and class of vehicle. Instrumentation is non fussy and very bare basic. Its super compact and quite spacious. The rear window is the largest full-roll down window ive ever seen on any vehicle. I think the Eeco tremendous value for money. Its the only decent passenger vehicle I know of that provides most cubic feet / sq ft space for the price.

There isnt any point comparing it to any of the small cars. This a bare basic VAN , that does its job quite well and does not seem to have any pretensions about trying to be something else. A PS would be good, but the manual steering isnt hard either.

Hey congrats on your booking of the vehicle, what is the delivery time that they have mentioned, is it having a big queue like Swift Dzire, anyway post ownership report once you have the vehicle delivered
Old 17th January 2010, 21:19   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually the Central Excise benefits of a small car complying with the directed norms viz. length below 4000mm (the Eeco/Versa's length is 3795mm) and engine size below 1200cc (for petrol)will be levied on the new Eeco. The discontinued Versa petrol was not treated as a small car as its engine was the Esteem's 1298cc, whereas the new K Series engine of 1179cc will levied with the small car Excise Duty.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:30   #273

The Tata Venture is sure to crush Eeco's / Versa's / Omni's with their Tata Venture vehicle.

Looks pretty good. But resembles the Tata ACE to some extent, since the platform is the same. Pricing would be around 4-5L with rear ac vents and diesel engine (Indica's TDI Engine).

Not sure when the vehicle would be made available to the users. Already Tata is struggling to roll out the nano's that have been booked!

Details on Tata Aria and Tata Venture Auto Expo 2010 | Details on Tata Aria and Tata Venture Auto Expo 2010 prices | Details on Tata Aria and Tata Venture Auto Expo 2010 reviews | Details on Tata Aria and Tata Venture Auto Expo 2010 features | Detail

BS Motoring ::

Tata launches Venture | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Tata Venture - Pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

Tata Venture- Conventional Looking Compact MPV

If TATA can achieve quality and reliability like Maruti, then MUL is sure to lose this segment.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:40   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends. I just booked the 5 seater ac version. The 5 seater can seat only 4 at best in decent comfort. I think the Eeco is the most utilitarian vehicle one can get for the price. Unlike the old maruti van, your head doesn't hit the roof. Acceleration and handling is decent for its dimensions and class of vehicle. Instrumentation is non fussy and very bare basic. Its super compact and quite spacious. The rear window is the largest full-roll down window ive ever seen on any vehicle. I think the Eeco tremendous value for money. Its the only decent passenger vehicle I know of that provides most cubic feet / sq ft space for the price.

There isnt any point comparing it to any of the small cars. This a bare basic VAN , that does its job quite well and does not seem to have any pretensions about trying to be something else. A PS would be good, but the manual steering isnt hard either.
Hi,
Everyone looking for a change from Omni is looking for a 5+ seater with A/C. Can you please enquire if adding seats to 5 seater AC is legal and whether it would void the warranty?
Since you have booked your vehicle already, the dealer should be answer if the vehicle would come out with a LPG variant also.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:53   #275
BANNED

Is the Diagonal Shift Assistance (DSA) really useful ? I'm not having any problems for shifting into 5th gear even in cars without Diagonal Shift Assistance (DSA) !

Last edited by mithun : 17th January 2010 at 21:55.
Old 17th January 2010, 22:00   #276
Senior - BHPian

Its like a poor man's versa.

And sree garu, have you seen a venture in person? Its a tata magic with windows and hard roof. Please see once in person and then compare
Old 17th January 2010, 23:43   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

And sree garu, have you seen a venture in person? Its a tata magic with windows and hard roof. Please see once in person and then compare
stiil I think that Venture is a looker than Eeco. and one can easily differentiate Magic and venture.
Old 18th January 2010, 04:25   #278
Senior - BHPian

Lets not forget that the Venture is a Diesel van, which is a huge advantage. Although one cant compare pricing now, Indians love for Diesel gives it a huge advantage over the Eeco.
Old 18th January 2010, 07:36   #279

Venture has a few advantages against the pricing and load van looks.

1. Seating quality (Just have a closer look at this link)

http://juzpictures.blogspot.com/2010...-pictures.html

2. Aircon to all

3. Turbocharged Diesel engine (Proven)

4. Mileage (Even 12-13 with AC in city for Diesel is cheaper than Eeco giving 15 kmpl)

5. Spacier than EECO ("jaysmokesleaves" mentioned that the 5 seater can comfortable accomodate only 4)

6. Power Steering

TATA could have modified the front of the vehicle to be looking better. Anyway it would have looked like the Mini Winger! Any idea when this vehicle would hit the showrooms?
Old 18th January 2010, 12:39   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

It's a super ace , not a magic. There's a difference . The Eeco doesn't come close if you compare pictures with pictures.
Actuals with actuals , that's a comparison which can be done after the Venture comes out!
Old 18th January 2010, 13:22   #281
Senior - BHPian

Is the Eeco's engine an undersizebored old Esteem engine which was doing duty in versa. The new one is also G series which made me infer that way thereby obtained excise concessions available for small cars.
This would also make its way to the Swift and would make it a lot more cheaper.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:33   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Is the Eeco's engine an undersizebored old Esteem engine which was doing duty in versa. The new one is also G series which made me infer that way thereby obtained excise concessions available for small cars.
This would also make its way to the Swift and would make it a lot more cheaper.
It would make it's way to the new Wagon R sure (check out that thread!) but not the Swift. This engine does not come close to the Ritz engine on any parameter. That would be hara-kiri for the Swift which is almost revered in India.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:21   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yes, the K-series is a DOHC engine, where as the Esteem's G-series engine and the one used in Eeco is SOHC.

Maruti could have named this engine with some new name rather than saying it is a new engine. Call it G2-Series or G12M engine.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:01   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
It would make it's way to the new Wagon R sure (check out that thread!) but not the Swift.
and there are confirmed reports that the new Swift with the K12M has been launched.Good move
Old 19th January 2010, 21:41   #285
Senior - BHPian

Please check here for a TD of the Maruti Eeco.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...est-drive.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks