Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 18:05   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota launches the Prado Diesel in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is ridiculous! They NOT only managed to look the truck uglier, topped up with insane pricing too. Could someone tell me whether a Prado is substantially better than a Fortuner? In terms of capability / ride quality / premium feel or even 4x4 capability? Where exactly does it trump Fortuner other than price?
The Prado has better quality interiors, more equipment, a better ride and better insulation than the Fortuner. However, It is certainly not worth Rs. 60 lakh more than a Fortuner.
The problem here is that the Prado comes to India as a CBU. That messes up the pricing.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 23:59   #62
BHPian

What started at 50L or thereabouts for the current generation has now gone all the way to 85L, the original launch price for the bigger 200 series!

Might be due to the Rupee. And the somewhat similar Disco is also priced at these levels, I believe. The Prado carries a 5% or so premium in certain markets over the Disco. So I do not find this price as unfathomable.

But obviously, in India, you can get a V8 Audi Q7 for around 80L ex- showroom or a ML350CDI for below 65L. So, I don't see many takers for this Prado, and that is a shame, considering how superior it is when it comes to capability, reliability, durability, residual value, and lower maintenance costs vis-a-vis the European competition.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 20:55   #63
BHPian

Prado (Not the Real, Legendary Landcruiser) priced more than fully loaded Legendary Land Rover. Good luck to Toyota.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks