Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 10:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i give it for servicing at the Mission Road service center. is this where you've had to endure the aforementioned problems? if so let me know coz my 2+1yr warranty just ended and i'm thinking i need to find a reliable garage to service my car - the service center cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
I don't know if trident are angels but they are definitely better than advaith from what I've heard and come across.

Advaith Hyundai is very famous for bad service and bad customer treatment. I say this because I bought my car at advaith residency road during june last year and still haven't got the registration certificate.
I had purchased my Getz in Feb 2005 from Advaith Residency Road. All servicing in last 5 years have been done at Mission Road. Absolutely no problems so far. I found Mission Road guys to be very professional, customer friendly and communicative. I never had to go back with the same issue. Car has done 33K kms, has been on highways, hill stations, with out any issues so far. As IronH4WK mentioned, the tyres look like new when washed and the wear is even for all 5 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
Also, advaith service station called me up twice everytime I got it serviced from trident and almost scolded me for taking it to trident. The exact words used by whoever called from advaith service was "You bought the car from advaith so it is your duty to bring it to us for service".
This is nasty behavior on part of Advaith. I know that they keep calling customers to remind them of the service due date. Once when my service was due, they kept pestering to bring the car to service. But as my car was practically unused since previous service, i decided not to go for service. But they would still keep calling you and lecture on the benefits of servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
anyways, anybody know any good mechanics/garage where i can service my baby with peace of mind?
You could try Bosch Car Service. I have heard that they are good. You could check the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-service.html

Any idea whether 3M does servicing? In Bangalore?
Old 8th January 2010, 10:13   #62
Team-BHP Support

Speedz where are the pictures? Ask anybody with a decent mobile camera to take some shots and mail to you.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:54   #63
BHPian

@ everyone who responded to the posts in this thread and sent messages lending their support, THANK YOU.

The car was inspected by the Hyundai representative yesterday. A lot of time was spent with the car hoisted up on a hydraulic jack and the tyres were checked, inspected, poked, rubbed and smelt. Representative said the damage could have been caused by hard braking, bad roads etc. At that point I told him that I did not want a replacement of tyres and that I just wanted a written statement that it was caused by the user or whatever the root cause analysis revealed.

The Hyundai representative asked me to try and drive the car at 140 and show the problem to them. I refused saying that I was not willing to take the risk on Ring road and told them they were welcome to try it.

By the time I reached the inspection venue, four tires had developed plainly visible signs of damage. The Hyundai representative Test drive happened. Lots of vibrations. Then another tyre was procured and tested and the vibrations had, by then, started manifesting at speeds as low as 80 kmph.
So a few calls were made and they accepted the proposal for five tyre replacement at 25% of the cost (to be borne by me).

I accepted the offer as the best compromise, win-win situation, for both the parties involved. I also conveyed my views about their escalation procedures.

As of now I have been told that they will be procuring the tyres within 2 days. I can buy 5 Goddyear tyres at 3500 Rs or 5 Bridgestone tyres at 6846 Rs. Size is 175/65 R14.

Now what will be best thing to do? Buy Bridgestone or Goodyear? Or buy a set and exchange them for a better set of tyres? Opinions and suggestions please.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

speedz, that is a win-win situation. But what exactly was the root cause? Tyre? Or is it something else in the car itself? Like suspension? Is there an assurance that the issue will not repeat with a new set of tyres?

Hard braking, bad roads etc would still be a reality. Will the problem recur then? I am somehow not convinced about Hyundai's explanation.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post

As of now I have been told that they will be procuring the tyres within 2 days. I can buy 5 Goddyear tyres at 3500 Rs or 5 Bridgestone tyres at 6846 Rs. Size is 175/65 R14.
why such a huge margin. which are the exact tyres they are offering.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:04   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
speedz, that is a win-win situation. But what exactly was the root cause? Tyre? Or is it something else in the car itself? Like suspension? Is there an assurance that the issue will not repeat with a new set of tyres?

Hard braking, bad roads etc would still be a reality. Will the problem recur then? I am somehow not convinced about Hyundai's explanation.
nice to see one more fellow bhpian asking for the root cause.Speed - which tyres(in BS) are they offering you for Rs.6846?Seems pretty steep to me

Also instead of them procuring tyres,you could ask them that you will go,select tyres of your choice,and they pay 75%

Last edited by vigsom : 8th January 2010 at 12:06. Reason: add
Old 8th January 2010, 12:08   #67
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! Get 5 Bridgestone's! proceed to the nearest tyre shop you know and get an exchange, and go for a one size upsize

EDIT: i didnt see the prize difference lol, then GY's! Yes what make is these expensive BS's see if its Turanza's if so go for it!

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2010 at 12:09.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:19   #68
BHPian

How Hyundai is calculating is...they bear 75% of the cost of the Goodyear tyres that are on the car. So it means that if I buy Bridgestone, Hyundai will not bear 75% of the cost of Bridgestone tyres.

Root cause is the tyres, but Hyundai isn't willing to comment on that. Suspension was checked out, it is in fine fettle.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:20   #69
BHPian

Had a conversation with Nikhil (have been bugging him about tyres and the situation) and realized that the Bridgestones do not enjoy a big resale margin over Goodyear.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Check with your trusted tire dealer what is the exchange he or she would accept for both the brands - if the difference is not substantial then get the cheapest from Hyundai. Head straight to the tire dealer, and have the tires exchanged for a good Michelin or a Yokohama, like Jaggu has said.

Make sure the tire dealer is good and reputed, and have balancing and alignment done. And then check the handling/ behavior at high speeds, and the tire wear pattern. Am sure you would be rotating the tires every 5000...

Finally, I think Hyundai did walk that extra bit to find a solution in your case- though not sure if the time and distance is good enough

Last edited by ph03n!x : 8th January 2010 at 12:29.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:31   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

then buy GY(@700/tyre),go and get them exchanged for a better set(maybe Bridgestone TuranzaER60/Michelin XM1+).

Do you want to go through a 100 km cycle again?
Old 8th January 2010, 13:54   #72
BHPian

Lets hope your problem is solved and please keep all of us posted if the problem persists with further driving of next 1-2K kms . I would advise against goodyear only reason being the bitter experience you had in first place using them . You would be more at peace with another brand and that peace is worth the extra price you may pay.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:43   #73
BHPian

Will definitely update this thread with updates once I get the replacement tyres.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post

Procuring the tyres within 2 days!!! Perhaps they are being manufactured as we speak (or as I write). One can procure any brand in 30 mins.
Second question: bridgestone are good and have given no problems to me in 2 of my cars (or 2/2 success rate). Have never used Goodyear but if you want to repeat the dose, go ahead with Goodyear.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

as i've mentioned before, i've driven my Getz 21k on Goodyear GPS-2 (hills, plains, ghats - you name it) without any problems and they still look brand new.

i don't think Goodyear is bad. it's just that speedz ended with tires from a bad batch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks