Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 21:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

What is this vehicle supposed to mean to Indian Market? All these days we were assuming/hoping that Innova/Xylo mkt will feel the heat. Suddenly AWD, etc etc takes Aria to a completely "NEW" segment.

Its a MPV + Luxury + 8 Seater + AWD !! + TATA. Am totally confused. If it were to be, the pricing will be compared to Innova's TOP LEVEL, may be beyond coz of AWD.

Unless TATA found a easy way to create the AWD mechanism, there is no way the ARIA will start @ SINGLE Digit INR...

My take - 10-12+ Lacs.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:44   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Agree with Raj here, expect the price to be between 12-14 lakhs, nothing less.

Do not expect the price to be in 7-10 lakh bracket for such a richly featured AWD Crossover SUV.
IMO, 12-14 lakhs is too big an amount for a Tata vehicle. That is segment where many cars available that have more brand value. For small car market, its not brand but value and example is i20 and Jazz.

Innova mid range will cost around Rs. 10-11 lakh OTR for any upper middle class family. They will surely prefer Innova over Rs. 12 lakh Aria.

Tata has to bank upon value rather than high price.

But the key here will be variants. Innova starts pretty low at around Rs. 8 lakh and goes till Rs 12 lakh. So here a lower version ( 2WD ) with no c-pillar AC vents, only PS and PW will be key. They can go in for cheaper roof mounted vents. No airbags, etc.

Range should start at Rs. 7 lakh OTR for lower variant with only PS. Next, add PS and PW. Next, PS, AC with roof vents and PW. Like this.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th January 2010 at 21:45.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:48   #138
BHPian

As far as the indica vista sport is concerned, i believe the current vista is way too porky to be a hot hatch. it looks too bulbous from every angle.

i still like the concept indica sport based on the earlier V2. cant find a pic. i remember it used to look so hot in yellow and had the black indicab tailights.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:05   #139
BHPian

Bravo!!

Bravo TML. Aria surely is league ahead of the First Cars that came out of Tata Stable (Tata Estate & Sierra) . Tata certainly are aiming huge and ARIA is surely the right step.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:19   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

140 bhp driving 2.5 tonnes, if not more. The Safari at 2.2 tonnes with the same engine is not exactly a scorcher. I wonder about the Aria's performance.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:20   #141

wow! i think this is one one of the finest Tata designs. the car surely looks loaded.. i am really impressed with it. i read the pricing is between 11-14L. is that correct?
Old 5th January 2010, 22:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Dashboard looks excellent.

But front / back of vehicle looks plain ugly. Hope it looks better in person.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Is this the era of "ugly grille vans"? First the Xylo and now this.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:34   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
140 bhp driving 2.5 tonnes, if not more. The Safari at 2.2 tonnes with the same engine is not exactly a scorcher. I wonder about the Aria's performance.

True, wonder the 2.2 Dicor is the only option. Is it really an uphill task for the Tatas to develop a bigger engine? Or may be they want to take one step at a time.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:43   #145
Senior - BHPian

well existing tata owners will find this extremely beautiful as they have got used to their lame looking cars (yes im going to be literally bombarded by tata owners for this )
but i feel this is more of a "in your face " rather than a sophisticated look.

this vehicle weighs close to 2.5 tons????
thats almost 1 ton more than an innova ,what are they building their cars with cast iron?
Old 5th January 2010, 22:55   #146
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
wow! what an MUV! This what MUVs should be like. Neat, contemporary with all the safety features(6 airbags!!!). The interiors are also very upmarket, and look to have inspired from Land Rover. Mahindra should seriously learn from this and stop making boxy cars like Xylo.
I suppose this car was designed by the chaps at Pininfarina. Is it true? Because the Indica Vista was designed by them.
This car was originally designed by chaps at Toyota. Tata just copied it and slapped their trademark smiley grill

Seriously, look at the side profile - they have shamelessly copied Innvoa

No offence, but i seriously don't think Tata can hope to price it anywhere above 10L and sell decent numbers.

They might be trying to create an impression of 12-13lakh and launch it with a price of 8-10 lakh, so that people think it is a steal; a la Manza.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:57   #147
Team-BHP Support

A few more misc pics or the Aria :

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_2425.jpg

Though the stepnee seems to be a bridgestone, all the show cars were riding high on Michelins!
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_2427.jpg

Fairly imposing from the front due to its size.
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_2452.jpg

Also, does anyone remember the original Tata "Aria" ? I guess Ratan Tata must have liked the name enough in order to re-use it!

link (Cars that havent seen the light of the day.)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th January 2010 at 22:59.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:07   #148
BHPian

COURTESY: magazine pics: tata aria|Tata Aria World's First Crossover 4WD|Tata Aria Photo|Tata Aria complete details|Tata Launches Tata Aria|tata venture|tata aria coupe|auto expo 2010|tata indicruz|tata magic iris|Tata motors India Launched

See the perfect lines......, isn't she ravishing?

Last edited by VINUMON : 5th January 2010 at 23:09.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:07   #149
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, Wow, wow,

Great insight Dippy, Rehan and GTO - Thanks,

I have simply loved it overall, it seem to be a complete package, and yet am sure that I will find things that could be better with it as with all cars.

The All wheel Drive? does it also have the option of 2W, 4L & 4H?

I actually like the wheel arc bulges that every one seems to hate. Reminds me of the montero and give the vehicle a matcho feel.

Feels to be a true crossover vehicle.

It does not seem fine to compare this with Muv like Xylo and Innova.

Would be willing to invest money on this one for sure, it pulls at the heart a lot more than the innova right now. Seems to have all the features that one wants in a vehicle like this one.

The price is likely to be around 12L I guess, it will be higher than the Safari for sure.

Hope they don't introduce to basic version of this vehicle initially to get the brand value.

Like the name Indicruz more than Aria but that is ok.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:18   #150
BHPian

i am beginning to think that my (almost) 2 year old safari might be about to start getting a little bit envious!

there is LR written all over the inside treatment for the ARIA (and god does it work!!!) my gut feel is that this is going to go above the safari range but well within the fortuner prices (so a 12-14 lakh range seems the most likely scenario). at that price, if the niggling qc issues that plaque tata vehicles is not a factor, the innova is going to start feeling the heat.

no matter what you say about being smart and logical about your car purchasing decision, there is still a large chunk of people (myself included ) who will allow their hearts to play an important role in the decision making process. the ARIA WILL tug at some heart strings!!!

way to go mr RT... Bravo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks