Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 20:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

Wow is the word to describe the agony and ecstasy that I feel now.

ecstasy:
What an achievement by Tata. Great looks, fantastic equipment, terrific interiors....

agony:
What should I (and you fellow TBHPian) expect next from the reckless cab drivers who are about to fly this AWD missile?
Old 5th January 2010, 20:25   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
There doesnt seem to be a new Safari as Tata has already outline changes for 2010 Safari:

In that case what does the new safari mules hide?
Also, when will they be launched?
From the discussion in other thread it was understood that the test mules were not a new platform but just some upgrades on the existing platform. By showcasing 2010 model for Safari I do not expect them to launch this version this year. So, if they launch this later, then the next gen Safari will be further delayed which is really sad. The next gen Safari is certainly long overdue considering the current platform was launched way back in 1999!

PS. Mods since the 2010 Safari thread is closed I am adding this here. If you find this not appropriate here, please guide me to the correct thread.
Old 5th January 2010, 20:33   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Agree with Raj here, expect the price to be between 12-14 lakhs, nothing less.

Do not expect the price to be in 7-10 lakh bracket for such a richly featured AWD Crossover SUV.
IMO this will be between 8-12 Lakh, 12-14 is too much to ask for a Tata. I'm not saying that Tata is bad but still. Like Toyota=reliability, Maruti=A.S.S, Tata=Space+Price (VFM).

Lets wait and watch.
Old 5th January 2010, 20:34   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Also, when will they be launched?
From the discussion in other thread it was understood that the test mules were not a new platform but just some upgrades on the existing platform. By showcasing 2010 model for Safari I do not expect them to launch this version this year. So, if they launch this later, then the next gen Safari will be further delayed which is really sad. The next gen Safari is certainly long overdue considering the current platform was launched way back in 1999!

PS. Mods since the 2010 Safari thread is closed I am adding this here. If you find this not appropriate here, please guide me to the correct thread.
Quote:
Tata Safari, Model year 2010: The Tata Safari, in its model year 2010, has been made BS IV compliant and further embellished. The country’s first indigenous thoroughbred 4-door SUV now sports accentuated exteriors and refreshed interiors. The exterior enhancements include chrome plated grill and chrome plated ORVMs. The interiors have been completely refreshed in a dual dark graphite and beige theme with tan-coloured leather upholstery and door inserts, a new instrument cluster and faux wood in the centre console. This further enhances the attractiveness of the Safari which, in the top end version, already comes with ABS, dual airbags, reverse guide system and DVD/MP3 system with dual LCD screens. The Safari range comprises four variants in 4x2 and 4x4 versions.
I started getting feelers that there would be nothing more than a few cosmetic changes(exterior/ interiors) to the existing safari, apart from the above (taken from TATA official Press release today) and my apprehensions are that it would not be more than that for a "Refreshed Safari 2010", expect both the refreshed Safari and the Crossover ARIA to be available by the Q2 (calender year) of 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
IMO this will be between 8-12 Lakh, 12-14 is too much to ask for a Tata. I'm not saying that Tata is bad but still. Like Toyota=reliability, Maruti=A.S.S, Tata=Space+Price (VFM).

Lets wait and watch.
The existing Safari VX 4x4 costs nearly 12 lakhs, keeping ARIA in the same bracket might confuse the buyers to decide between a thoroughbred SUV or a AWD Crossover SUV. It might overlap to some extent but not to an 8 lakh start for ARIA base model.

Anyway these are all assumptions, w'll have to wait and see the actual prices when the bookings start.

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tataariat.jpgName:  TataMAGICIRISt.jpg
Views: 7808
Size:  15.4 KBPics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tataventuret.jpg

Pictures above of ARIA, IRIS and Venture respectively.

Last edited by dadu : 5th January 2010 at 20:48.
Old 5th January 2010, 20:38   #125
BHPian

Slightly OT, but the Indica Sport concept looks amazing. Tata should have modeled the actual Indica on that, pricing it about 20k more. It would have killed the competition.

Also the grille on that car looks fantastic. At least that is one design cue that Tata can carry over to other cars, rather than the simple rounded version of the smiling grille.

The Venture also looks really good, it wipes the floor with Omni/Versa or any other such model by Maruti.
Old 5th January 2010, 20:43   #126
BHPian

amazing piece of work by TATA again. im loving the LandRover interiors.

Cheers TATA
Old 5th January 2010, 20:55   #127
BHPian

Nobody noticed the "Michelin" tyres ... Michelin OEM ???
Old 5th January 2010, 21:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

The grille is a bit too garish! But India's new people mover looks all set to set the streets on fire!

Is that a sat-nav or a multi information display? Looks like the latter.Maybe sat-nav for the export versions.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:06   #129
BANNED

I am speechless, wonderful MUV .

All Wheel Drive
3 Row full seats
3 Row independent seats
Parcel tray for rear passengers
6 airbags
Traction control
ABS
17 Incher Alloys
Michelin Tyres
Twin Exhaust
Lots of storage area

Theres no doubt there will be lots more on the feature front which would have gone un-noticed, and about its pricing it should BETTER than any other in its class.

Mr TATA, Thank you very much.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:06   #130
Senior - BHPian

Venture looks promising. Better than the NISSAN van. What is IRIS though? An auto type car?
Old 5th January 2010, 21:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Except for the rear, the car looks fantastic! I think a spoiler at the back would enhance the look.

Coming to features - 6 Airbags, ABS, Traction Control, All Wheel Drive. Just one word. Wow! Bring it on, Tata.

@Dippy, any pics of the side profile?

@aa, you want such huge vehicle with all the features at 8-9L OTR?
Why not? If anyone can price competitively, It's Tata Motors! I'm beginning love this buggy!
Old 5th January 2010, 21:15   #132
BHPian

The Aria looks good. It looks like Tata has made leaps and bounds from where they started. The features looks too good. Hope Tata prices this one well. may be if the overall quality is comparable to Innova, then this might turn the face for Tata in the SUV/MUV market.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

looks like a bloated indica to me!!
well still its way too good for normal tata standards.
Xylo definitely will win the VFM war.
somehow i feel that this vehicle has been built with an international market in mind,
I dont think the AWD airbags traction control will make it sub 14 lacs .
lets see how people accept tata as a brand worth 15 lac +
i personally wont .
Old 5th January 2010, 21:39   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
vasanth, 99% of swifts on road have sratches at the same area

This bulge looks bit extra, let's wait and watch
Absolutely agree with Latheesh. It adds a lot of extra width to the vehicle which could have been probably put to better use than to leave a bulge over the wheels
Old 5th January 2010, 21:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
looks like a bloated indica to me!!
Yes, very true - Tata needs to this something different while designing vehicles in this class. indica>indigo>vista>manza - the design looks very similiar but proportions keeps on changing
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks