Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 13:20   #16
BHPian

if i was in the market for an SUV today....this would be standing outside my house within the week. the xenon has got 'it'....that same unexplainable quality that has made the safari the cult it has become over the past 10 years.

tata's have not managed to get that 'it' with ANY other car / vehicle they have pushed out so far... and to a great extent, i think post the initial euphoria, the ARIA unfortunately is also going to suffer the same ignomity.

the xenon on the other hand is going to age and age really really well.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
quattroa4
its a 2.2 vtt , but whats the power output ? is it 140 bhp or detune version of it , as they are using it in grande
The 2.2L Dicor VTT engine of XenonXT is the same engine that is doing duty in Safari Dicor. It has not been detuned and the power remains the same as in Safari with less weight of the body (around 300Kgs).

Quote:
aerohit
Pardus - Wishlist - You forgot coil springs for the rear.
Thanks for reminding. The XenonXT is actually built to carry a load capacity of close to 1ton, as a result coilspring may not be good option unless TATA has access to some good technology/designs. Since the Indian version (so called Lifestyle) is not expected to carry so much load due to regulations I would be glad if TATA can comeup with wish bone suspension as in the Ford model shown below.

Quote:
Parm
you can judge the popularity of these kinds of vehicles by the number of replies in this thread!
I am not sure what you mean by this. For me when I created this thread I had not expected even these many replies in less than two days. This shows there are still many folks who would like to own one but are holding for some or the other contraints.

Interests to own a Pick-up Truck for Lifestyle still has to mature in India. Most of the Indians when deciding to buy a vehicle (read car) will give top priority to status symbol compared to other aspects and practicality. This is why most people who are interested still shy away from owning such a vehicle. Another reason for people to shy away is these models being used by commercial/construction operators.

I was mesmerised to see huge number of Pick-up trucks starting from Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra to Dodge Rams and even Hummer Pickups in my office parking last time I visited USA.

Pick-ups like Tata XenonXT and Mahindra Getaway will be great workhorse for those in the field of adventure sports, natural history (wildlife), construction, Estate Owners and Service industry.

I am attaching few pictures of other Pick-ups around the world which relate to my earlier wish list.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon XT 2010-est10_pg_016_ext_full.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-equator_crew_cab_seating.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-rgr10_pg_016_acc_full.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-gallery_large37.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-fsd10_pg_001_int_full.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 15:31   #18
BHPian

I also believe that Toyota can easily launch Pickup version of Fortuner (which already exists), but probabaly wont because of market/price strategy.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:07   #19
BHPian

Since its launch I have liked this vehicle a lot.
I find it better than safari.

I spotted a black pimped up Xenon XT a few days. Bling alloys, fat tyres.
Here are the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon XT 2010-snc00058.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-snc00059.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 2010-snc00060.jpg  

SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2010, 22:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Thanks for reminding. The XenonXT is actually built to carry a load capacity of close to 1ton, as a result coilspring may not be good option unless TATA has access to some good technology/designs. Since the Indian version (so called Lifestyle) is not expected to carry so much load due to regulations I would be glad if TATA can comeup with wish bone suspension as in the Ford model shown below.

I was mesmerised to see huge number of Pick-up trucks starting from Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra to Dodge Rams and even Hummer Pickups in my office parking last time I visited USA.

Pick-ups like Tata XenonXT and Mahindra Getaway will be great workhorse for those in the field of adventure sports, natural history (wildlife), construction, Estate Owners and Service industry.

I am attaching few pictures of other Pick-ups around the world which relate to my earlier wish list.
Ford has been around for quit sometime in the market and also, let TATA price the xenon correctly first than get to the rear independent part later, they do not have this setup even on their SUV Safari.
And agian this Chassis in sold as Lifestyle here but elsewhere it's sold as load carrier so, TATA will have to develop a new chassis for this. And than the price will be so High, That it will be come a pin in India like super cars are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Since its launch I have liked this vehicle a lot.
I find it better than safari.

I spotted a black pimped up Xenon XT a few days. Bling alloys, fat tyres.
Here are the pictures:
The Xenon looks good in black.

Last edited by dinar : 16th January 2010 at 22:04.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:11   #21
BHPian

The black Xenon is a stunner especially with those alloys. I agree its one of the the best looking SUVs in India today. Interiors are good too.
Old 17th January 2010, 01:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Style

Well, the Xenon looks butch, no doubt about that. However, I feel that the design is a little disproportionate. The load bay seems too long, and overall I find the width to length ratio a little wonky. I feel, Tata has tried to mask this fact by the overtly flared wheel arches.

I am hoping that the Xenon is a stop-gap or test product for the Tata's. Once the new Safari platform is in, I suppose the Xenon (or whatever it will be called then) will get a new Avatar
Old 17th January 2010, 07:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

This will defnitely change the out look of the offroading families
Old 17th January 2010, 11:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

when I was in the market last April/May looking for a SUV, Xenon was very much in the list of vehicles shortlisted. Actually it was either the Xenon or the Bolero VLX even though there is a good 1.3 lakhs differential in the price of these two vehicles. My wife too fell in love with it as it definitely had that "IT" factor. But as most things go with TATA dealership, they refused to give me a Test Drive and we weren't comfortable plonking 8.5 big ones without driving the vehicle. I finally got the TD only about a 15 days back and I actually loved the ride quality, and the way it handled curves at high speeds. Driving it in Hyderabad traffic wasn't as difficult as I had thought it to be. All in all a a very good package. If only I had got the TD I would have been driving a Xenon.

Certain things apart from reduction in price that will make the package more appealing to the Urban off-roader are:
  1. Factory fitted cd/mp3
  2. Cargo bay bedliner with canvas cover
  3. May be a sun roof.
I think the present suspension set-up is pretty good and will be able to bad roads with elan.
Old 17th January 2010, 13:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

What Tata can do is offer a version with 3rd row seating in the load bay with option of roof mounted AC. The length will ensure that there is enough luggage space even after the third passenger row (A unique thing, not offerred by the usual 7-8 seaters we get)
Old 17th January 2010, 15:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

OMG its one hell of a looker. I wish I had money to buy this car.
Old 17th January 2010, 17:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, the Xenon looks stunning in those pics, shows the pimp potential of the pick up.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:04   #28
BHPian

wow the new Xenon Xt looks stunning. I hope Tata gives me an option to fit ABS onto the '09 model of Xenon which i own.
I've been looking for the roll bars and soft lid cover for the loading area of my car but couldnt find one!! plz help me out in this.
plz note:
None of the accessories are easily available for this car from TATA. you have wait for so long to get one. I booked side step and nudge guard last November and still waiting for it.Such a poor service from tata.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:15   #29
BHPian

No doubt it is best looking pick up today, scorpio pick up stands nowhere even near. It is one of my dream cars, but thoughts of driving it in city and finding a parking space for it, give me nightmares. And thinking about high speed highway travel, I wonder how will it behave being a pickup? It makes me wonder how practical these vehicles are...

Last edited by indianvirus : 17th January 2010 at 18:17. Reason: correcting typos
Old 18th January 2010, 01:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
indianvirus
And thinking about high speed highway travel, I wonder how will it behave being a pickup? It makes me wonder how practical these vehicles are...
Hey Buddy,
Each vehicle (Hatch/Sedan/MUV/SUV/Pick-up) are meant for various purposes and tastes. Each segment offers some advantages and comes along with few disadvantages. One needs to choose a vehicle depending on what you can compromise and what you cannot at the value you pay for.

The new XenonXT 2010 model with ABS should be good enough for high speed highway travel. I did 140Km/hr (unladen) for almost 4-5 Km which had some short curves and never felt out of control or body roll. I am sure a laden vehicle will behave even better at highspeed. I read a post in South African forum where a owner towed 2ton trailer at highspeed for long distance without any problem. I would be concerned if that is a practicle thing to do.

Buy it only if you have a need for the load bay to carry lots of stuff which you cannot in MUV/SUV, else if this is just for what it is called as "Lifestyle vehicle" then it may not be worth the money you pay for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks