Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 14:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Old car sold, new owner refusing to transfer ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi2700 View Post
Hi guys, bumping up the thread.

Now I would like to seek advise as to how should I proceed to absolve my liability as the point of getting the car blacklisted continues to remain a grey area w.r.t to the liability portion and also if it is possible to get it done in the absence of a delivery note and how to go about it, i.e. via approaching the concerned RTO directly or filing a FIR or some alternative measure.

Cheers!
Usually the buyers delay the transfer because it is a chore and they may be lazy.

If that is the case here, the best way is the have the transfer done yourself at your cost.

Get the documents from the buyer and find a reliable agent and have the transfer done.

Just think of the added cost as the price to pay for this mistake.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2024 at 10:50. Reason: Typo
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 06:12   #152
BHPian

Re: Old car sold, new owner refusing to transfer ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi2700 View Post
Hi guys, bumping up the thread.

We had sold our old car a while back and don’t have the delivery note too now. On a recent check I noticed that the new buyer has not initiated the transfer and on every reminder he’s been cooking up one excuse or the other and the same has been going on for more than a couple of months now.

Now I would like to seek advise as to how should I proceed to absolve my liability as the point of getting the car blacklisted continues to remain a grey area w.r.t to the liability portion and also if it is possible to get it done in the absence of a delivery note and how to go about it, i.e. via approaching the concerned RTO directly or filing a FIR or some alternative measure.

Cheers!
The most ideal solution is to lodge an FIR in your local police station and send a copy of the same to the new buyer via registered post. Thereafter the liability rests with the new owner. However in the absence of any delivery note, this might be tricky. So you may show details of payments received through bank statements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks