Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 10:41   #106
BHPian

Re: Indian Feasibility study by Chery Cars (China)

Hi All,

I thought I'll download my thoughts on the Cherry/Chinese cars in this thread. Recently Great Wall motors and Cherry motors are in Australia and trying to get their products out there.

For curiosity sakes i went to the dealer and saw both marques in the one show room, the Cherry? don't even bother. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. Flimsy construction, cheap interior materials and just over all toy feeling. So much so that i didn't ask for a t/d.

I did however TD the Great Wall SUV (also Chinese) whislt standing still it is pretty impressive for the money. As standard it comes with a good list of features including leather, abs, power steering, reverse sensors, sunroof etc etc and its very modern.

I only have experience with a TATA Sumo Grande so I'll compare with that. Standing still the prizes go to the Great Wall, once you start driving the prizes go to the Sumo which has less rattles, more responsive (i drove a petrol Great Wall but a Turbo Diesel Sumo Grande) better brakes and a better manual gearbox.

So even when the Chinese car is good, its still not so good. If Great Wall come to India they might even do alright, Cherry is rubbish tho, did i say that already?
Old 14th May 2011, 11:52   #107
BHPian

The interiors of the Great Wall Hover limo make the DC designs interiors look like a million bucks.

Ive had the opportunity to drive a Chery rental and as Paulstar mentioned- certainly isn't nothing to write home about.
Old 18th May 2012, 15:28   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Chery Automobile has applied for government permission to establish a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover in China with an investment of 12.1 billion yuan ($1.9 billion).
The new plant, to be constructed in Changshu in east China's Jiangsu province, would produce up to 130,000 vehicles a year, according to the Web site of China's Ministry of Environment Protection
Quote:
The deal, which was first reported by Chinese media last year, marks Jaguar Land Rover's latest effort to expand its appeal in the world's largest auto market where luxury sedans and SUVs remain in hot demand even as the overall car market cools. JLR, owned by India's Tata Motors, had previously explored joint venture deals with other Chinese partners, including Great Wall Motor, but made little headway

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks