Punto Sport (1.3 MJD - diesel with VGT, 85bhp) 73 33.33%
Punto T-Jet (1.4 turbocharged petrol, 108bhp) 131 59.82%
I prefer (or already own) an existing variant of the Punto 15 6.85%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 23:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

I agree,fiat has made a good move by introducing more powerful engines and catering to the enthusiasts also.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

The dealerships have no clue as to when the Punto Sport is being launched. I was at a FIAT dealer, just for the heck of it (trying to trade in my Swift) IF I get a good deal.

I asked Punto Sport & the guy virtually started looking at the ceiling - totally clueless or a great actor !!

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:20   #63
BHPian

^ Perhaps he was asking God when is Fiat actually going to do so!
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:59   #64
BHPian

Why so much expectation

Well Said @samyakmodi - +1

and @Ricky_63 - would you tell important dates and announcement to dealer, if you are a CEO of a Car manufacturing company?

FIAT is company and dealer just deals the car - what ever is given to him and when ever it is given. Why be so surprised when he does not have any info.

(no harms meant)

Well, I could generalize (after reading other Punto 90 BHP threads) that many people will be disappointed if FIAT does not follow their definition of Sportiness.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:30   #65
BHPian

Gruntier Grande Punto on the cards soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
A high revving raucous turbo petrol is what a "Sports" version deserves. But I do not think Fiat will plonk that engine into the Punto any time soon.

or maybe they might launch this in response to the VW Polo 1.6

C'mon Fiat, the Sports will appeal to a few enthusiasts only, why not go all the way an release a really powerful petrol car?
Hi All,

It seems FIAT has heard our prayers and are actually going to launch a peppier version soon. Please find the link below for details:

Gruntier Grande Punto on the cards soon - News - Zigwheels
Old 30th June 2010, 15:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Why Not ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
Well Said @samyakmodi - +1

and @Ricky_63 - would you tell important dates and announcement to dealer, if you are a CEO of a Car manufacturing company?

FIAT is company and dealer just deals the car - what ever is given to him and when ever it is given. Why be so surprised when he does not have any info.

(no harms meant)

Well, I could generalize (after reading other Punto 90 BHP threads) that many people will be disappointed if FIAT does not follow their definition of Sportiness.
Maybe if I were a CEO I would not, but my marketing department would certainly would not be napping & if I have smart dealers, they'd have enough PR in the company to know the going on's within the boardroom

As for the definition of sportiness. Why call it "sport" if it is not sporty ?? so do we expect a Civic type 'sport" version.

Cheers
Old 30th June 2010, 16:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

T-Jet for me . And I want one NOW!

Only, why won't FIAT put one of their new fangled Multi-Air engines into it - 1.4 rated at around 150hp - and release a 2-door limited edition?

Where can I put down a deposit?
Old 30th June 2010, 18:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
T-Jet for me . And I want one NOW!

Only, why won't FIAT put one of their new fangled Multi-Air engines into it - 1.4 rated at around 150hp - and release a 2-door limited edition?

Where can I put down a deposit?

Some one told me that this car is in India for homologation & they may be selling it in "limited numbers"... In case that is true, I think I know which car I would be buying next

Cheers
Old 30th June 2010, 22:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Some one told me that this car is in India for homologation & they may be selling it in "limited numbers"... In case that is true, I think I know which car I would be buying next

Cheers
Well, it is can be simple actually. First we have to wait for the Linea T-Jet to arrive, I am hoping that's going to happen right after the Punto 90Hp (VGT 1.3MJD) is launched.

Now, what I'd expect Fiat to do, is to discontinue the 1.4 in it's current avatar and sell the 1.4T-Jet in it's place. But that would happen after the Linea T-Jet is firmly entrenched in the market.

This is surely going to take some time, I think at least a year.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:26   #70
BANNED

Fiat Engines are becoming refined and wonderful by the day.

Apart from giving Maruti a new lease of life. Serving its partners TATA's so well.

They are happy to co-exist. Live and let live.

Now with the T-jet coming, the Punto will be a scorcher

Also heard the T-jet might serve the brand new Safari also. Wow....!

Note from Mod : This thread is closed. Please continue the discussion over on SidIndica's excellent test report

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2010 at 09:38. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks