Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 22:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hani,
Loved the show. The X3 drive was really worth it. And my dad is really in love with the 320d. We are planning on a Fortuner, my dad said shall we squeeze a bit more and go for the 3, in a winkish manner.I wish he remembers the words later.

But frankly when you told me that it is going to be a BMW special, i expected the big brothers. Bah, no worries, the drive was so good ! Great job !

Two thing that made me go -

- I Loved the way you compared the 3 with the C, your merc affair was just reaching you neck and you trying to suppress it.

- The Rap tracks really gave me good laugh while you were driving the X3 it said something like "The experience of Marijuana cigarettes" or something.

Looking forward to next week. Audi ?

OT - Bro, Publish the feedback mail and P.O box number in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Great show Hani. You drive incredibly. I agree with your opinion of X3. But isn't X6 worth to be said as a real SUV?
Dude, not even BMW says it is a SUV. X6 is SAC - Sports Activity Coupe.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Hani,
Loved the show. The X3 drive was really worth it. And my dad is really in love with the 320d. We are planning on a Fortuner, my dad said shall we squeeze a bit more and go for the 3, in a winkish manner.I wish he remembers the words later.

But frankly when you told me that it is going to be a BMW special, i expected the big brothers. Bah, no worries, the drive was so good ! Great job !

- I Loved the way you compared the 3 with the C, your merc affair was just reaching you neck and you trying to suppress it.

- The Rap tracks really gave me good laugh while you were driving the X3 it said something like "The experience of Marijuana cigarettes" or something.

Well well. Coupe huh?
Old 15th March 2010, 16:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athul_S View Post
The test drive of E class which on the newly laid 4 lane is very close to where i live

In fact, did spot your 'G' undergoing paint job in a shop on that road a month or 2 back.

While describing the interiors it would be appreciable if the camera is on a driver's/passenger's point of view,focussing on the console/steering wheel etc.
I felt most of the shots were taken when the camera man was standing near the doors, which doesn't give the exact view that you get once seated inside as a passenger.

Most auto shows focus only on the styling and accessories that the product offers. Case in point is most Malayalam auto journos trying to justify the premium company's previous hatch as well worth its price tag. Would prefer more comments on the negatives, such as the lesser thigh support mentioned in the E class review.

It will be useful for the average(read Non T-BHP) viewers if you can list, top 5 features that should go in favour of picking the car and top 5 deal breakers(including, say poor *** and costly spares as in Skoda or low VFM considering $$$ vs features in Jazz)
Thank you dude, ya E-class was shooted from mini-bye pass.

Regarding camera on driver seat require jib or crane, otherwise the cameraman should be short guy, where as my camera man is 6'+ high.

I'll try to accomodate your suggestions dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Saw the program today. Good one!

Looks like you got used to the camera pretty quick. The presentation has improved.

The red chairs are going very well with the red bars at the back. Seriously.

Loved the way that you touched up the seating, ergo factors and also the features listing of the 320d.

For the X3, since you had focused on the off-roading capabilities of the vehicle (rather the lack of it), it would have been great if you had shown the options available.

PS: OT: Whats with the 320d sporting a 2008 TC?
Thanks buddy!

I wish to hear any suggestion which I can improve!

Quote:
Great show Hani. You drive incredibly. I agree with your opinion of X3. But isn't X6 worth to be said as a real SUV?
Thanks anupam. X6 is also not a SUV, but a cross-over which BMW call it as SAC (sports activity coupe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Hi hanmust, I just arrived today morning and was fortunate enough to watch your 'Flywheel' program. It's really cool and interesting. Loved watching the entire serial shown today at 1.30 pm.
Like fifth gear/ top gear, please try to add more vehicle reviews than concentrating only on one vehicle.

But again, great job and well presented. Wish you all success and viewership in your coming episodes.
Thank you, may God bless!
Old 15th March 2010, 16:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Hani,

Thank you Vishnu, since we communicated, I think no need to explain more here, right!

Here is the add:

Fly Wheel,
Surya TV,
PB NO 2266,
Shastamagalam,
Trivandrum -10

E-mail: askflywheel@gmail.com

Quote:
Well well. Coupe huh?
Ya, beemer call it as coupe!
Old 16th March 2010, 09:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Here is the videos of Episode 2 - BMW Special with test-drives of X3 2.0d & 320d.

X3 was taken for an off-road test at a remote developing area in new Bombay.

It was during the test of 320d I faced the camera for the second time. The first one is being scraped as its out dated.

Old 16th March 2010, 14:32   #81
BHPian

I saw the show and i must admit, i quite liked it.

Its different from all the attempts made in the past to present a decent automotive program.

But being a regular Topgear viewer and die hard Clarkson/May/Hammond fan, i fail to see the humor in the show which is quite required to ensure it is less monotonous.

The more you go on and on abt how a car handles and how good the engine is, the greater the chance a regular viewer falling asleep.

A little more aggressive driving coupled with a bit of humor and dynamic scripts can make it reach the top.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
I saw the show and i must admit, i quite liked it.

Its different from all the attempts made in the past to present a decent automotive program.

But being a regular Topgear viewer and die hard Clarkson/May/Hammond fan, i fail to see the humor in the show which is quite required to ensure it is less monotonous.

The more you go on and on abt how a car handles and how good the engine is, the greater the chance a regular viewer falling asleep.

A little more aggressive driving coupled with a bit of humor and dynamic scripts can make it reach the top.
Thank you for ur comands! Comparing with Top Gear is like putting me the biggest challenge. Anyway I'll try to make it more entertaining! Keep posting your comands.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Agree. and the one thing that Hani does and topgear does not nowadays is give a proper review of every car they test.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Agree. and the one thing that Hani does and topgear does not nowadays is give a proper review of every car they test.
Thank you!

See friends, from all the feedback I was able to u'stand one thing; the parameter most of my friends set is between Top Gear & fifth Gear. I ustand that there are somany of them who love the Top Gear style of entertaining people & somany other who love fifth gear type of reviews. So I think now we'll have to start a seperate thread with option to vote to find out the best among the two.

Anyway I'll try my best to make it a crossover of the both !
Old 18th March 2010, 17:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

hey guys where are all the episodes uploaded on tube, I don't get time to follow it on TV.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
hey guys where are all the episodes uploaded on tube, I don't get time to follow it on TV.
If you ment Fly wheel, then all the episodes are available in YouTube - flywheeltv's Channel. Or if you scroll above & couple of pages behind its here itself!
Old 18th March 2010, 19:53   #87
BHPian

Nicely done!!!

I think you need a wider audience
Old 19th March 2010, 08:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Rolls Royce Phantom in your living room!

For the first time in any Malayalam channel 'Fly Wheel' gona test the ultimate luxury machine - the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Here is the promo for the 3rd Episode of Fly Wheel which going to telecate on coming Saturday. Don't miss this historic moment.

Old 19th March 2010, 12:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Wowie ! That is a Killer promo bro ! Keep em coming !
Old 19th March 2010, 22:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Well i agree to yr statement ++

He reviews a car in such a way, that u find the car either:

1.Good but uncool(the Koreans and Japs)
2.Bad and uncool(GM and Chevy)
3.Good and cool(Fiat 500, VW Golf GTi)
4.Bad and cool(Alfa Romeo, Citroen)

I can say, as an informative Automotive program with proper specs conveyed to the viewer, u guys are gr8.

But dont stop yourself from that alone. Just tell the viewer how cool/uncool a car is and how its presence for them will change the way the owner is perceived in society.

Up for the show so far.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks