Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 21:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

punto sports 90 bhp 1.3 MJD is coming, isnt it?
Old 13th March 2010, 21:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
yes its coming an so is the Linea T-Jet testing is already done may be out anytime soon
Old 13th March 2010, 21:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Well, I think expecting a Punto to be introduced with a 1.6 engine is pretty much impossible, considering the fact that as far as I can see they dont actually have a proper 1.6 in production anymore.

Are you sure that the 1.6 16V DOHC engine which is not even a FIRE engine, is still in production or are FIAT just trying to offload the existing ones they have. As that engine has been out of use in Europe for quite a while now.

The 1.4FIRE is the most used petrol engine. It has many different guises starting from a measly 75hp in 8valve guise to 200hp in one of the Fiat 500 Abarth models.

The only 1.6 available to them would be one sourced from Suzuki if they have one.

So all we can hope is that they tune the 1.4 up and give us some more power.

About the 1.2 8V beleive it or not the European spec 1.2 which is actually bigger than ours at 1242cc vs 1172cc produces a few bhp less than the one we get. So god knows how much more we can expect them to spend so as to give the engine a through work through.

But I still think the 1.2 is fine with somebody not looking for performance, and as for the 1.4 I would love to get some more power out of that thing but I think no matter what we wont loose the top heavy nature of its power production. So to get the best out of it we have to drive its nuts off.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

From the Official Press Release:

Quote:
Fiat to expand its Grande Punto range :
Offers 2 additional feature loaded petrol variants at attractive prices

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 FIRE to now be available in both Dynamic and Emotion

Both variants to offer increased number of top end features in the existent 1.2 petrol model

The new variants to provide these innumerable features at the boldest of prices.

Mumbai, 15th March, 2010: True to its commitment of offering customers top class automobiles, Fiat today announced the launch of their two new Grande Punto variants: Fiat 1.2 FIRE Dynamic and Fiat 1.2 FIRE Emotion in the heart of the premium petrol hatchback segment. With the launch of these variants Fiat can now woo the Indian consumer with an irresistible offer - an array of features present in the new variants and the bold pricing of these cars.

Grande Punto, Fiat’s best selling large hatch offers incredible standard high end features like Tilt Steering, Front Power windows, Fire Prevention System, and Programmed Service Reminder in its entry level 1.2 Active variant. Apart from these, the 1.2 Dynamic variant will also offer rear power windows and central locking system. As a special introductory offer, the 1.2 Dynamic will also come fitted with an exclusive CD/MP3 player, for limited period of one month.

Meanwhile, the 1.2 Emotion variant will go beyond the Dynamic to come with an integrated audio system with 4 speakers, electric mirrors, fog lamps, dual tone dashboard and split seats amongst a host of other impressive features. With a majority of the B plus segment consumers in India being value conscious, the 1.2 FIRE Grande Punto Dynamic, priced at Rs. 4.57 lakhs and the 1.2 FIRE Grande Punto Emotion, priced at Rs. 4.87 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) offer the ‘real’ and ‘complete’ deal. The Grande Punto 1.2 FIRE, with BSIV compliance also boasts of an improved fuel efficiency of 15.2 kmpl. With no other auto major offering such top end features at such nominal pricing, Fiat’s new variants pack a powerful punch. The widest range of 9 variants in the Grande Punto is a true testament to Fiat’s continual focus of giving the customers exactly what they desire.
In India, the Grande Punto is positioned within the same auto segment as the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and the VW Polo.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, Fiat India Automobiles Ltd, said,” The Premium Hatchback segment has seen a lot of activity and witnessed a strong growth of 59% in 2009. Our new variants are a response to our customer’s requirement of feature laden cars at reasonable prices. These impressive variants also give us a great opportunity to expand our presence in the B plus market segment which is one of the most important ones in India. With these launches, we are confident of providing to the consumer yet another memorable automotive experience like no other, courtesy Fiat.”

The 1.2 FIRE Grande Punto Dynamic and 1.2 FIRE Emotion promise the consumer of supreme comfort with the car being one of the largest in the hatch back segment. Its significantly robust build and impressive low end torque will provide a customer with one of the safest and most comfortable drives available today. In addition to this, the new variants also have a 2 year unlimited kilometres warranty and a 15,000 kilometres service interval which is the longest service interval available in the segment and results in much lower cost of ownership. Consumers will have the option of choosing from 8 electrifying colours: Bossa Nova White, Exotica Red, Minimal Grey, Hip Hop Black, Medium Grey, Electric Blue and 2 new Premium Colours: Fox Trot Azure and Tuscan Wine.

The variants will be priced at: Ex showroom (Delhi)

1.2 Grande Punto Dynamic - Rs. 4.57 lakhs
1.2 Grande Punto Emotion - Rs. 4.87 lakhs

Fiat Punto BS4-New petrol variants added-details and prices-new-variant-grande-punto-black.jpg
Old 17th March 2010, 17:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hello Dippy,

Do you have more pictures? I am kinda inclined towards the 1.2 Emotion. but lets see!
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
so does it mean the BS-4 variant will cost more?
I think the cost is little on the higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
but there is not VGT version of the 1.3 MJD on the punto yet, right?
Not yet, but will be out soon, Punto Sports as it is called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Yes it will be out in the market around mid of this year.

I do have a question. AFAIK the current Punto does have but not Remote operated, is it true? If true, do these new variants offer remote central locking?
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:03   #52
BHPian

Ref to my previous post, I meant AFAIK the current Punto does have CENTRAL LOCKING but not Remote operated, is it true?

Sorry for the error
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Ref to my previous post, I meant AFAIK the current Punto does have CENTRAL LOCKING but not Remote operated, is it true?

Sorry for the error
Punto E Pack does have a keyless entry if thats what you are asking for.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:37   #54
BHPian

Thanks arishi1,

That's exactly what I was looking for 'coz surprisingly I was informed by one of friends who owns a Punto told me that it does have central locking but no remote that means you can lock/unlock all doors by using the key on the driver side's lock.

I am much relieved to know that it's key-less; I'll see him in the evening and give him a nice
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:01   #55
BHPian

Not only E-Pack, even Emotion model comes with keyless entry.
The same remote and foldable key as in E-Pack.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Not only E-Pack, even Emotion model comes with keyless entry.
The same remote and foldable key as in E-Pack.
Got it mate. BTW what's the benefit of having a foldable key? Does it mean, you press the remote button to unlock the doors; fold they key and slip it into your pocket
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Got it mate. BTW what's the benefit of having a foldable key? Does it mean, you press the remote button to unlock the doors; fold they key and slip it into your pocket
you do not need to open the key for unlocking / locking the door .
It looks quite cool too
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
It looks quite cool too
I bet it does. I wish Punto had the keyless entry similar to what Cruze offers. Wouldn't it look cooler to fold the key, walk towards THE GRAND PUNTO and see the doors unlocking automatically without any keypress or user intervention?
Old 26th March 2010, 15:22   #59
BHPian

Just today morning at around 6:15 am, while surfing the TV channels, on a News Channel, saw the Advertisement for the GP 1.2 in which they showed the Abarth Version (It looked like, but the Logo was the normal FIAT). I think it was the same car which was displayed in the Auto Expo as GP Sports.

But the Advertisement was for the GP 1.2. Are they launching the GP 1.3 VGT soon, any information guys ?

The Advertisement is an international advertisement, no Indian guys were there, seemed to be a Cool Advertisement.

Not to forget, the GP looked Smashing in Exteriors in White & Black Roof..!!

Did anyone saw the Advertisement, or its only me

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 26th March 2010 at 15:28.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:42   #60
BHPian

Yes I did see the same ad a couple of days back. Its beeing aired for last few days now and ad looks quite good. Better than the earlier sobre ad featuring Yuvraj. This one is way better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks