Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you wanna be seen in?
VW Polo (Petrol) 277 62.53%
Ford Figo (Petrol) 166 37.47%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 00:39   #196
BHPian

Re: VW Polo vs Ford Figo Comparison (My take!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
This is a good debate and very well & honestly compared.

That said, the poll could be a little misleading IMHO. I feel it should be renamed from "Which car would you wanna be seen in?" to "Which car would you wanna spend your money on after looking at all aspects?". There is a pretty good price difference between the two cars and hence the much better looks of the polo. But at the end of the day, what matters most is do people put their money where their mouths are?
+1 to that, being petrol I voted for polo but if it was overall (petrol + diesel) it would have been the figo tdci!
Old 30th December 2010, 00:46   #197
BHPian

I've booked the 1.6 Polo on July 15th, Palace Cross, was told delivery in 4 months, i.e; Dec. No sign of car, extremely poor feedback from dealer, actually none at all.
New delivery schedule : sometime in March !
Been hearing that production has stopped to sort out 'issues'. Wonder what these are, surprised that VW car has 'issues' after being put on road, wondering if its a good choice.
So much for Volkswagen, so much for the 'car of the year' !
Old 30th December 2010, 12:08   #198
Senior - BHPian

If its you money that I am buying my car its Polo, if its my money its figo!! I know it sounds stupid, but it is not more stupid than a Figo owner voting for Polo!!
Old 17th October 2011, 16:06   #199
Senior - BHPian

Both Figo & Polo (petrol) has excellent ride & handling. But neither has the power to exploit the car's potential. But considering the two, Polo is marginally better in terms of drivability & outright acceleration. (Although it is barely noticable). Between the 2 my choice is Polo. This is because the looks and interior quality of Polo is miles ahead of Figo.
But when it comes to diesel, the Polo is 1 step inferior to its petrol sibling while, the Figo diesel is 2 steps ahead of its petrol counterpart. Hence the choice is easy.
Hypothetically I would love to see a comparison between Figo 1.6 petrol and the Polo 1.6 Diesel. Then we would be talking.
So currently if I stop daydreaming I am left with only 2 choices Swift diesel & Honda Brio. Period!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks