Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 07:36   #16
BHPian

Seems to be a well proportioned car. Also all the six colors looks excellent.

If priced competitively, I think they are going to be the next Hyundai in India.
Old 18th March 2010, 07:40   #17
BHPian

Guys, Any idea if the Indian version will have CVT? It is strange that all the recent launches have ignored AT. But anyway, this CVT if launched should be better than AT.
Old 18th March 2010, 07:54   #18
BANNED

Yes, All colours are looks good indeed. Looking at the features its been offered i20 is getting competition.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:26   #19
BHPian

The car sports very high localisation (more than 85% I guess) and India will only get the 1.2L 3-pot petrol. The dci 1.5 diesel from Logan will come later. The car is 3725mm long which makes it 5cm longer than the Swift and most of the 80,000 production volume are for exports to Europe. The colours are excellent although I would pick the blue and pinkish-red.

You can check out these hi-resolution pictures by clicking here

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 17:04. Reason: See note in the post
Old 18th March 2010, 09:27   #20
BHPian

Next batch of pictures here - Sorry I was limitted to just 25, so needed an additional post.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 17:04.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
The car sports very high localisation (more than 85% I guess) and India will only get the 1.2L 3-pot petrol. The dci 1.5 diesel from Logan will come later. The car is 3725mm long which makes it 5cm longer than the Swift and most of the 80,000 production volume are for exports to Europe. The colours are excellent although I would pick the blue and pinkish-red.
First of all, i doubt that India will get only a petrol version. If they have invested so much, surely they would have done their research that Indian customers like diesels. I expect a simultaneous launch for both, like the Figo.

Second, i dont see the logic in dumping the Logan engine in a small car. It wont qualify for any small benefits with that engine. If i remember right, the regulations for duty exemption is 1.2P and 1.4D. So why would they fit a Logan engine (remember it is imported, so additional costs there as well). I'm also skeptical about how well it can be integrated into this car. I'm sure Nissan wont make such a compromise just to prove that the Renault-Nissan alliance is working!!

Finally, all due respect to you designersf but your info is wrong. Swift is 3760mm and until Nissan officaly releases spec data, all we can do is estimate the actual figure for the Micra. And as a side not, pls mention only one unit, say mm. I'm a little confused when u say 3725mm (which is wrong) and 5cm longer. Does that mean Swift is 3675mm? (again, pls correct it)
Old 18th March 2010, 10:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
First of all, i doubt that India will get only a petrol version. If they have invested so much, surely they would have done their research that Indian customers like diesels. I expect a simultaneous launch for both, like the Figo.

Second, i dont see the logic in dumping the Logan engine in a small car. It wont qualify for any small benefits with that engine. If i remember right, the regulations for duty exemption is 1.2P and 1.4D. So why would they fit a Logan engine (remember it is imported, so additional costs there as well). I'm also skeptical about how well it can be integrated into this car. I'm sure Nissan wont make such a compromise just to prove that the Renault-Nissan alliance is working!!

Finally, all due respect to you designersf but your info is wrong. Swift is 3760mm and until Nissan officaly releases spec data, all we can do is estimate the actual figure for the Micra. And as a side not, pls mention only one unit, say mm. I'm a little confused when u say 3725mm (which is wrong) and 5cm longer. Does that mean Swift is 3675mm? (again, pls correct it)
Oops, I might have mentioned it wrong. The Thai site says its 3725mm long which is 35mm less than the Swift at 3760mm. Error regretted.

I hope you havent come across the news article where the alliance has cleard all procedures for local production of the Logan's 1.5DCi engine sometime ago. So it will cost lesser. I have no idea about the reduction in capacity though.
Old 18th March 2010, 11:58   #23
BHPian

is the 3 cylinder engine the new fad for cars below 1200cc.?
First Polo petrol and now Micra.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:11   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice. Now lets all hope that Nissan increase their service network (significantly).
Old 18th March 2010, 12:36   #25
BHPian

The interior gives me a strong feeling of santro mainly due to the lines of the dash board. I think they might price at 3.5 for petrol similar to Figo.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Oops, I might have mentioned it wrong. The Thai site says its 3725mm long which is 35mm less than the Swift at 3760mm. Error regretted.
Sorry if the pic doesnt display properly, its my first time uploading one.

This is from the "Thai site". Looks like you have another error to regret!!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-nissan.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 13:00   #27
BHPian

I quite like the interiors. Looks like it comes loaded with all latest tech - should be on par with i20 features I guess. Auto Climate Control, MID, ICE with big display(maybe touchscreen), Steering mounted controls, etc. I hope these are not just for the export models, but provided for the Indian consumers too.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

The new car looks cute some what in lines with the A-star.

It will take a considerable effort for Renault Nissan to sell this car as they don't have a pan India dealership & service network. There brands are also not well know here.
Generally Indian customers will not like to put there money if they are not sure about the brand.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:26   #29
BHPian

Nice to see factory fitted ICE with in-built GPS Navigation and Maps!
Hope this version will be available in India also.
Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-2010nissanmicraoragadamplantpictures13.jpg
Old 18th March 2010, 13:27   #30
BHPian

Alright alright man..I was wrong again. Good to know that you are such a huge fan of Nissan too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks