Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:26   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I have a doubt whether they will give us this feature even in top end but if we get it would be a whole new feature for a B segment.
The Indian Micra does have the start/stop feature. Check the pics below which were taken during the Chennai plant inauguration.

Picture courtesy-- http://www.vicky.in/gallery/cars/nissan/micra

Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-nissan_micra_11_595.jpg

Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-nissan_micra_32_595.jpg

Last edited by harishnair : 23rd March 2010 at 15:33.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:33   #62
BHPian

The Micra looks promising. The price needs to be spot on. From the pics and reviews, i really dont think it will be competing with the big hatchbacks like i20,polo,jazz,fabia. But yes, it should surely hit i10 ,swift,vista and ritz territory.

The Indian car buyer is surely spoilt for choice now and hope this trend continues.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:02   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I have a doubt whether they will give us this feature even in top end but if we get it would be a whole new feature for a B segment.

In Autocar review they said all but they have not mentioned the safety equipment list which Nissan might provide.
The Thai model gets ABS, Airbags, EBD and BA as standard across all variants. India will definitely get them, atleast on the top end variants.
Old 25th March 2010, 12:11   #64
BHPian

Guys, can this article be trusted? -> Three new cars that will sizzle this summer : Rediff.com Business [Click Next for Nissan Micra]

It says Micra will come with automatic transmission. I guess it is sold in Thailand with CVT. right? So, will India get it too?
Old 25th March 2010, 12:29   #65
BHPian

But, we will possibly be getting a 3 pot 80 bhp engine on this.

So, 3 cylinder seems the way forward.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Guys, can this article be trusted? -> Three new cars that will sizzle this summer : Rediff.com Business [Click Next for Nissan Micra]

It says Micra will come with automatic transmission. I guess it is sold in Thailand with CVT. right? So, will India get it too?
There is a good chance that Nissan could tap the Indian market with a CVT. I predict that it will join the range later on, possibly after gauging customer feedback
Old 24th May 2010, 18:33   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From their official press release. Showroom demos available from tomorrow:

Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-micraoffline1.jpg

Nissan India inaugurates alt= billion factory. EDIT : Bookings on 25th May (Pg. 5)-micraoffline2.jpg

Quote:
Nissan Motor India announces the start of commercial production of Micra

• To be produced locally at Renault-Nissan alliance plant at Oragadam, Chennai
• Car display at showrooms and Pre-order Bookings Open from May 25, 2010
• Sales to begin in July 2010
• Exports to commence in September 2010

Chennai, May 24, 2010: Nissan Motor India today celebrated the start of production of its ‘Made-in-India’ compact car (hatchback) Nissan Micra from its manufacturing plant at Oragadam, near Chennai. Mr. Toshiyuki Shiga, Chief Operating Officer, Nissan Motor Company, cut the ribbon to mark the roll out of the first car off assembly line. Mr. Akira Sakurai, Managing Director & CEO, Renault Nissan Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, Managing Director & CEO, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. joined the 1900 employees to commemorate the occasion.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Toshiyuki Shiga, Chief Operating Officer, Nissan Motor Company said, “The start of commercial production of Nissan Micra is the beginning of a new chapter for us in India. In an exponentially growing and challenging Indian automobile industry, we are introducing a product that has been specifically designed keeping in mind the discerning consumer needs of India. The India made Micra will supply to strategic markets such as Europe, Middle East and Africa and this is only possible due to the high quality skills of Indian team.”

Commenting on the momentous occasion, Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, Managing Director and CEO, Nissan Motor India said, “The day that all of us were waiting for has finally arrived and we are delighted with the roll out of the first car. We always had a clear strategy for India and this has been clearly reflected in our investments in the first manufacturing plant for the alliance in Chennai. We are now confident that the Indian customers will like our product offerings beginning with the Nissan Micra, and this is the right product at the right time.”

From May 25, 2010, customers will get an opportunity to take a closer look at the Nissan Micra as it will be displayed in all Nissan showrooms in the country. Gauging the unprecedented response received through a number of enquiries since the unveiling of the car, the company has also decided to start the pre-order bookings for the Micra at all these showrooms. Customers can visit these showrooms and book their car against an initial booking amount of INR 50,000/-. The activity will be supported by a comprehensive print, digital, radio and TV campaign shortly. The sales for Nissan Micra will commence in July 2010.

“It is a unique opportunity provided by us to display our cars well before the actual launch. We are overwhelmed by the number of enquiries received and decided upon this initiative to provide our customers the opportunity to touch and feel and book a car of their choice, says Mr. Abhijeet Pandit, Vice President (Operations) –Hover Automotive India.

The plant at Oragadam, spread over an area of 640 acres, represents an investment of 45 billion Rupees ($990 million) and the capacity to produce 400,000 units per year at full ramp up. Today, the plant employs 1,900 workers and will reach 3000 in two years time. The company, along with its supplier park in Chennai, estimates a total of 6,000 jobs to be created in the region.

The initial production capacity at the plant will be 200,000 units with one line and the company is looking at producing more than 80,000 units in FY10.

The new Nissan Micra, built on a new versatile platform - the V-platform, is designed to have broad appeal to customers in both emerging and developed markets. Nissan Micra was designed and tested in Japan and fine-tuned to meet the differing tastes and needs of customers worldwide. The Nissan Micra is a reliable, stylish and eco-friendly car for people who enjoy everyday driving. The compact hatchback, with its affable appearance, is also engineered for easy handling and sprightly performance, while realizing class-leading fuel efficiency.

The other important aspect of the new Nissan Micra is that from the very beginning, more than 85% of its parts are procured through local vendors (96 in total) and 50% of them are located within Chennai.

The plant operates in full compliance with Alliance global manufacturing processes and quality standards. Its production management system, launched for the first time at any plant of Renault and Nissan, is based on mutual knowledge sharing and the best practices from both companies. The new manufacturing process allows the plant to seamlessly mix production of both Renault and Nissan products on same line.
Nissan is also looking at making the Chennai plant as a global hub for exports. The start of production for the Micra for exports will commence in July 2010 and the first shipment would begin from September 2010. Nissan is looking at exporting to more than 100 countries including Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

It so ugly from front .Even alto looks much better .Any info on pricing ?

Last edited by black12rr : 24th May 2010 at 18:46.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:49   #69
Team-BHP Support

The Nissan India site does not provide any info yet.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Those front fogs look small, aren't they?
I can see one of the car has dCi written on the tailgate. Looks like diesel is on the way . I hope they plonk that 1.5Ltr/85BHP Note's engine.

IMO Micra should be priced neck to neck with i10 or slightly lesser then i10 say base at 3.5Lacs. At 4 lac rupees ex-show as base will make its life difficult considering i10 Kappa/Ritz/Swift.

The interiors plastic does not look as rich as in i10, may be its just in pics. Will know it better when feel in real. To me it looks like the one in Vista but will better fit and finish.

Looks are nothing to talk about, I didn't center console design, looks childish and confusing!!!

Will wait for GTO's review

Last edited by HammerHead : 24th May 2010 at 20:11.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Kept my camera battery for charging, heat be damned, I will go to Nath Nissan to check out the car tomorrow and will post detailed pics here.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

First opinion, something tells me the price is not gonna be as challenging or shocking as the Figo / Beat pricing.
Secondly, have an opinion its a car produced mainly with the exports in mind, dont think they will be bothered much about the internal demand.
Thirdly, come on they spend $ 1 billion, I would expect Carlos Ghosn to come for the opening. What else are the CEOs for than such press takings.

Last edited by xingamazon : 24th May 2010 at 21:22.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Kept my camera battery for charging, heat be damned, I will go to Nath Nissan to check out the car tomorrow and will post detailed pics here.

Can't wait sid! Any chance of a video review or at least short video clips of the car?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:00   #74
BHPian

The front end looks like it's from disney. From what i perceive most of us hate the looks of this car. I don't understand why Nissan would bet so big on this. Will have to wait and watch.
Old 25th May 2010, 00:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
First opinion, something tells me the price is not gonna be as challenging or shocking as the Figo / Beat pricing.
85% localization is very impressive, and it shows they are indeed serious about keeping prices low!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Secondly, have an opinion its a car produced mainly with the exports in mind, dont think they will be bothered much about the internal demand.
More than the car, i think the lack of dealerships will hurt them. They simply dont have the dealer base to take the fight to Maruti / Hyundai or even GM / Ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks