Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2005, 15:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower
PM me...others may not be interested.
oh nonono....please do post the details- most of the suspension jargon that you had quoted in your earlier post was great stuff; and i didn't know most of the stuff either...please do post all the details...great stuff for me to learn...and for everybody else too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
Wonders whether it makes sense to plonk a M&M CRDe engine into the Safari...its so much easier than trying to figure out how to make this thing handle better. I just love that M&M engine - pity about the vehicle.

Wonder if they will sell just an engine...midnight madness, if you will - its 3.30 am here.
you can actually try to make the safari's engine better- no use plonking in for a scorpio engine; as for the cost, i remember asking one m&m dude as to how much the engine would cost- was thinking of retrofitting one into my sierra (call me crazy..) - the dude quoted 2.5 lacs excl. taxes...
Old 15th October 2005, 18:05   #122
BHPian

hi to all

I had made up my mind to go in for Scorpio CRDe but before taking the plunge I borrowed my friend's June 2005 model (SLX) having done 12000 kms. THe pick up is amazing but it rocks like a boat in rough sea, it is a driver's car and not to be driven around; the gear shift is not precise; there is no space for keeping the small things; in a traffic jam of about 2-1/2 to 3 kms it started heating up (my zen 9 years old is used to this kind of traffic jam and does not behave in this fashion). Being addicted to Zen I would say Zen is still a few notches above and have decided to keep away for some time till more improvements are made. It was driven for about 225 kms.
regards,
Old 15th October 2005, 19:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786
hi to all

I had made up my mind to go in for Scorpio CRDe but before taking the plunge I borrowed my friend's June 2005 model (SLX) having done 12000 kms. THe pick up is amazing but it rocks like a boat in rough sea, it is a driver's car and not to be driven around; the gear shift is not precise; there is no space for keeping the small things; in a traffic jam of about 2-1/2 to 3 kms it started heating up (my zen 9 years old is used to this kind of traffic jam and does not behave in this fashion). Being addicted to Zen I would say Zen is still a few notches above and have decided to keep away for some time till more improvements are made. It was driven for about 225 kms.
regards,
Maner, with all due respect I dont think you should be comparing the Scorpio to a Zen. The comparison is unfair to both vehicles. Please compare an SUV with an SUV and a hatchback with a hatchback.

And Mpower - I thought the whole rationale behind a forum was to share ideas...why take things offline?
Old 16th October 2005, 02:01   #124
Senior - BHPian

I love the scorpio but I think It is easily outdone by the new safari.

Scorpio needs a new edition and I think that is what his mahindra guys are working on.(I bet my 2 cents on this)

He has also mentioned it here in a hint.
Old 16th October 2005, 20:11   #125
Team-BHP Support

Just got back from my vacation in Sikkim state, or should I call it SUV state. After 11 days trip I can boldly say more than 90% of the vehicles they have are various flavours of Jeeps. I saw only 2 buses altogether in Sikkim. Other than that pretty much everybody uses various Mahindras/Tata off-roaders. It is their primary mass transport vehicle, with the kind of roads they got, there is not much choice.

While I noticed that more than 75% of the off-roaders were Mahindras, the share of Scorpio is barely 5%. I didn't see a Scorpio until the 9th day, that too only when I got closer to Gangtok. Most popular model I saw was Mahindra Maxx followed by Bolero. Obviously when the need is for off-roading people carrier, Scorpio is no match for Maxx/Bolero, etc. We did most of our road travel on Maxx, and now I have a new respect for this vehicle.

Check of this portion of the road...

Yup, it is a road, not a waterfall. Sikkim being a mountain state, there are waterfalls (big & small) everywhere along the road. To my surprise I found that in most places the water flowed over the road than under.
Old 17th October 2005, 09:39   #126
BHPian

thanks steeroid, the only reason why scorpio and zen were compared were the peace of mind. The radiator fan of the vehicle in question has already been replaced once by the Mahindras. The comparsion is only towards reliability though both are in different categories. I would definitely go in for scorpio in February 2006 when Scorpio Fresh is due for launch. Please keep informed of various problems that keep cropping up.
thanks
Old 17th October 2005, 10:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai
Check of this portion of the road...
DAAMMNN....that's a neat pic samurai...somehow i'm not able to comprehend the sikkim govt. passing these as "roads"...

now, on these sort of roads, forget the safari or the scorpio- my best bet would be the classic, seconded by the gypsy...
Old 18th October 2005, 03:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

forget the scorpio............that pic is charming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks