Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should we be patriotic while choosing a new Car?
Yes..patriotism must prevail over other factors 4 8.70%
No..I need the best. dont care about who makes it 42 91.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2005, 21:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

then we should feel patriotic about the Tata and Mahindra products + Reva. Any other Indian products other than these 3 , feel free to add. after that i'll decide

Or are these too not totaly Indian ?
Old 6th October 2005, 21:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am patriotic, and I do feel buying Indian cars promotes our local industry, brings more jobs, raises our technology levels, makes our products more competitive, makes our country more industrialized, etc. so if we buy our cars it will make our products world class as well.
However I buy Japanese/Korean cars, as I want someone else to be the to be the Guine (spelling) Pig till our products become world class
Old 6th October 2005, 21:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

difference....

can't afford to be patriotic (strictly in automobile terms), in these current times, as India doesn't offer any automobiles which compare with international offerings.

a query :-
is there any automobile (4-wheeled only, please) which has been developed totally (100%) by Indians, for Indians, in India? - no inspired or DC creations please.

ads

ps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Guine (spelling)
= guinea

Last edited by aah78 : 6th October 2005 at 21:28. Reason: adding content
Old 6th October 2005, 21:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

With everything else remaining the same, i would choose the Indian car but being patriotic and choosing an Indian acr just because it is made in India and has more cons then pros is just dumb.
If this happens, Indian manufacterers will never learn and still sell the same crap.
The whole point about competition is to bring about new innovations and better quality products at the same price as other manufacterers right?
Also the other MNC's are really helping Indians by provinding many of us with jobs and all.
Old 6th October 2005, 21:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading somewhere that the Sumo is a completely indian made vehicle. I am not sure!
Old 6th October 2005, 22:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

I say we buy cars for us, not for the country. Even the govt. uses non-indian cars.
Old 6th October 2005, 22:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I say we buy cars for us, not for the country.

.exactly my point !!
and i honestly dont feel the class of indian cars is worth womparing to most foriegn ones.

you spend a lot of money and buy something you WANT TO BUY not something YOU SHOULD BUY.

Rev
Old 6th October 2005, 23:54   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think its a silly question because every persons motivation in purchasing a product / service may be different from the other guy. For some people its looks, some its the brand...some its the FE only..and then for some its the 0 - 100 timing.

The Indica does not sell 9000 cars a month on patriotism, I can assure you of that. But if someone does buy a car out of love for the motherland - So be it. To each his own drug.

BTW did you know that 70% of cars supposedly sell on their looks or the way that they are perceived to be? I remember reading this in a renowned marketing publication.

GTO
Old 7th October 2005, 00:13   #24
BHPian

Here's my take..Whenever we buy a car(Desi/Pardesi), We are helping motherland by paying taxes through our noses.. So Indian exchequer is getting filled irrespective of a desi/pardesi car..

ON hindsight though, I think we will help motherland better by buying an imported car since government gains by levying more taxes/duties on imported cars..http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newreply.php
Rolling Laughter
Old 7th October 2005, 01:48   #25
BHPian

I agree ...
Maybe the question : "All things remaining the same ( almost) between 2 cars , one foreign and the other Indian ,which one would you go for ?" would have been a better one to ask ...

Maybe we can have a poll for the poll questions first ...
Old 7th October 2005, 03:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

I was patriotic until a certain amount of time. BUt then I came to know that each company is collabrated with 100's others and hence I decided to stick with the best car thingy.
Old 7th October 2005, 04:52   #27
BHPian

Doesn't seem too worthy being patriotic at the moment. Best you show ur love to your motherland is by buying a good car worth you and hang a small flag on the dashborad .
Old 7th October 2005, 05:19   #28
Team-BHP Support

I would buy a car that suits my needs and budget. I couldn't care less which country it comes from.
Old 7th October 2005, 12:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any other Indian products other than these 3 , feel free to add. after that i'll decide
How can you forget the Sco... i mean San Strom and The Chinkara!
Old 7th October 2005, 12:51   #30
BANNED

well san storm..uses french technology for the convertible...and renault engine...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks