Team-BHP - Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8043-protest-against-tata-motors-edit-supreme-court-orders-tata-repair-sumo-pg-40-a-2.html)

Who the hell gave TATA the right to wipe off stickers from someone elses car? I think they need a sound lesson in "Freedom of Speech 101"!

If the claims are true, then this car is certainly a lemon. And reminds me of a particular C180.

If the owner is reading this - TAKE TATA TO COURT. Need my help in anything, feel free to PM me.

GTO

Not sure about this. But don't you think that the FIR can backfire on the owners?!

I mean you aren't even allowed to put dark tints on your glass, because it obstructs vision and any traffic/police officer will not be able to see inside the car during a naka-bandi. So putting such stickers all over the car including windows is illegal.

Arre yaar. I dont know if you are being serious, but I think that vehicle was parked at an exhibition.

:D oh sorry........didn't know that.

this incident reminds me of some guy who smashed his merc in front of the merc office and towed it using a donkey..... he used a sledge hammer to smash the car and it was a media hit!
anyways, I can understand the frustration that the owner might have had. When will Customer Relations improve in India and companies like TATA who sell low value products and make money should be nailed. No wonder maruti wins the J.D.power and other surveys hands down! The same goes wid bajaj and yamaha in the 2 wheeler market! The CRM Is really sad!

that was in china the man smashed up his slk with a sledge hammer cause the car kept giving him trouble and he gave up on it....hmm just wondering is he gonna get a claim for that clap:

but the poor guy can smash his car up and get nothing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure
that was in china the man smashed up his slk with a sledge hammer cause the car kept giving him trouble and he gave up on it....hmm just wondering is he gonna get a claim for that clap:

but the poor guy can smash his car up and get nothing...

yup in china.. I think the compensated for that!

I thought that china guy towed some bmw car/suv.

It is really bad on Tata's part to have ripped off the stickers like that. Everyone has a right to say whatever he wants to say. When the dealer had the chance to rectify faults in the car, they should have done it at that time. No point making a mockery of themselves now when the owner is very frustrated by the lemon he has been dished out. Kudos to the owner who took this step. A unique, simple and an effective way of protesting!

Guys, I doubt if Tata Motors has any hand in this. They may be Tata dealer's people than Tata Motors representatives. In later case, they will be answerable to more sane people up in hierarchy.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Tata Motors' dealer Prerana Motors had a hand in the ripping off of the stickers. But this is strange, since the car was bought at Manipal Motors, and the protest was directed at them, along with Tata themselves.

This could mean that the Tata local office had a hand in this somehow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
This could mean that the Tata local office had a hand in this somehow...

May be. But depends on who was getting worst affected in Vahan Yatra. Definitely, Prerana motors would be getting affected more than Tata motors, which explains their outrage.

I completely agree on the suing part. Butttt if it is pointing at the dealer, first of all, the dealers have to be sued. Dealers are the always to ruin the company name with their useless services and may be this incident here too relates to it.

And please be sure who had a hand in this, the main company or the dealer. This shouldnt lead to unecessary chaos.

Manipal motors is one of the worst Tata workshops in the country. They need to be taken to court for doing this and good the owners lodged an FIR. Also since our mods have good repo with the Auto Journalists, it would be good if this link could be published. They deserve a new car for the pain they suffered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Manipal motors is one of the worst Tata workshops in the country. They need to be taken to court for doing this and good the owners lodged an FIR. Also since our mods have good repo with the Auto Journalists, it would be good if this link could be published. They deserve a new car for the pain they suffered.

Tsk, the sticker rip off was not done by Manipal. And Tata motors can not shed their responsibility either. Going by number of times the car has visited workshop, it definitely has manufacturing defects. So, even if the dealer is pathetic, Tata Motors is obliged to take notice and compensate for it.