Team-BHP - Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8043-protest-against-tata-motors-edit-supreme-court-orders-tata-repair-sumo-pg-40-a-6.html)

Few clarifications..

My car's a Tata Sumo Victa GX Turbo. its the 7 seater version of the top-of-the-line Victa series.

The point here is, even after innumerable visits to the workshop the same problems persist. The service guys are only too happy to replace the same parts over and over and over again just to portray that the problems are being "ATTENDED TO".

Ever since my ownership of this car, the dealers and tata reps say, i quote "Dont worry Sir, we will sort out all your problems". Weren't THIRTEEN MONTHS and THIRTY-SIX VISITS ENOUGH??????

KUCH LOG VICTA CHALATE HAIN...... stupid:

One more thing.... the space for parking the car was not bought at the exhibition, it was parked at the general parking area when we had attended the show on a couple of occasions. The stickering was not done exclusively for the exhibition. It was done quite a while ago.

Obviously, the prerana guys at the show had a lot to be guilty about that they felt the need to rip off the stickers..

i think you should file a legal case againt them and take action.you deserve justice.are you going to be taking tata to court ??

dude i really feel sorry for you.wish i could help in some way !!

Rev

Just as an aside, I met Abhilash today, and congratulated him on making sure I don't ever buy a Safari, especially from Prerana. I also warned him about the food in jail...but I don't think he got that...

Over the last three days, I have had a look at the fully documented service history of this Sumo and to say the least - I am flabbergasted at the sheer number of problems this Sumo has had. The Roy family has had to take the Sumo to Tatas authorised service station an astounding 44 times!!

This is what Tata delivers on a brand new car? A car that is barely 13 months old has spent close to three months off the road. Since they are return customers (having owned a Sumo previously), they had some hope and got in touch with each and every level of management at Tata right from Mr. Ratan Tata. However, all that they have seen is more promises in the air, and even more replacements to their brand new car.

Among many other problems:

- The car has had its fuel injection pump changed a whopping 6 times! The FIP is the heart of any diesel car and there have been 6 defective incidents in a brand new car within a 13 month period. Whats ever more surprising is that, on one instance, the FIP of this trouble laden sumo was interchanged with another Sumo lying around in the workshop.

- The entire clutch assembly - including the master cylinder, clutch plate, pressure plate, releaser bearing and sleeve - was replaced on two occassions. The owner has lost count of the number of times clutch bleeding was performed.

- Engine timing reset 6 times.

- Suspension : Everything from the rear leaf springs, front coil springs, resetting of rear parabolic springs etc. had repair work and replacements.

- Steering : The entire steering column assembly was opened and replaced twice.

- Power Steering - Power steering gear box found defective and replaced. Bleeding done several times. Oil sump O - ring replaced.

- Front Seats and Seat belts : Still dont work. Replaced 4 times.

- Rear Brake liners : Found defective and replaced under warranty.

- Starter Motor : Found defective on two occasions. Repaired, not replaced.

All of these are in addition to replacement of FICD vacuum tubes, both head light assemblies, power window parts, water leakages etc. that this Sumo has been plagued with. The car refuses to pass the pollution certification tests - Who is responsible for the resultant fines from the traffic authorities?

Take a hike, Tata. For delivering a faulty car. And for failing to offer even an acceptable level of after-sales service to this return customer.

GTO

I am a diehard Tata fan, and I am at a loss of words here.

The car must be replaced. Period.

I have heard of one such case. Though not with TATAs.
A brand new car was smashed in an accident before delivery.

The dealers made all the changes and claimed the expenses from the company

The gave the car to the client. Client kept having repeated problems. This looks like a similar case. The SUMO could have met with an accident during transit. This could all be a cover up procedure

Quote:

Originally Posted by raihan
If they stuck the stickers from the inside of the car it would have been fun ;)

Some information was stuck from the inside and this was covered by the Tatas with newspapers and tape

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
I am a diehard Tata fan, and I am at a loss of words here.

The car must be replaced. Period.

Me and my family are die hard fans too. Why do you think we came back to Sumos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Over the last three days, I have had a look at the fully documented service history of this Sumo and to say the least - I am flabbergasted at the sheer number of problems this Sumo has had. The Roy family has had to take the Sumo to Tatas authorised service station an astounding 44 times!!

GTO

Horrendous , to say the least, it's been a month since all this uproar started , and god knows how long Varun has been at it, yet TATA is still to get their act together. That new safari is now out of the question, and so is any recomendation for a TATA vehicle from me.
I'm sending this link out to all the egroups i can think of , lets see how much publicity email can give TATA.

Hi,

I am an admirer of TATA but as I have mentioned in another thread(check out post "Tatas 1 lac Mercedes") this does not mean that they should not compensate for slip-ups. I say that replacing the vehicle is just not enough. Who will compensate for the mental stress and the time lost by ownership of such a dud. And it is just because the consumer law in India is such a rotter. Would any manufacturer dare to do such a thing in the US?

The issues here are:
- a defective vehicle. A few parts in a new vehicle not understandable but acceptable. But this is a total write-off.
- totally inconsiderate and un-professional approach by Tata and its dealers to the issue.
- harassment of a return customer

Tata fully deserves any loss of sales resulting from publicity of this incident and Varun I appreciate such a creative effort taken by you on this front!! The vehicle should be replaced!!

Regarding the inter-changing of an injector with another Sumo, i have had my doubts about dealers replacing defective components with brand new ones myself but thats another story.

Drive on,
Shibu.

If you have the confidence to drive the car to Mumbai, park it stickers et al opposite Tata house or park it next to the Colaba Post Office (Ratan's residence) for full attention.

Have you tried ACI ? The TOI would have fun also

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
If you have the confidence to drive the car to Mumbai, park it stickers et al opposite Tata house or park it next to the Colaba Post Office (Ratan's residence) for full attention.

I endorse this approach. Greenpeace did this successfully against the Tatas...

Posted a brief write-up and the URL of this thread in the Indica user group in Yahoo. Let us see how Vidhoor this Sanchar.... :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat

Have you tried ACI ? The TOI would have fun also

Talk about confidence. We have driven Bangalore- jaipur, Bangalore - Amarkantak ( Birth place of River Narbada in MP),Blr- Raipur. The car has covered 900 kms per day.

Thanks for the suggestion. Atleast I know where Mr. Tata stays. I will seriously give it a thought and keep you all informed.

By the way what is ACI ? TOI is Times of india, right?