Team-BHP - Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Protest against Tata Motors.EDIT Supreme Court Orders Tata to repair Sumo (pg.40) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8043-protest-against-tata-motors-edit-supreme-court-orders-tata-repair-sumo-pg-40-a-4.html)

The good news is that a few auto journalists have already got the wind of it. I believe Varun Roy has been contacted by some already.

Good going - Tata is going to pay a price for treating this customer like rubbish.

Does anyone have direct email addresses of key personnel at Tata? I would appreciate this link being forwarded to them.

GTO

This incident should go to all the Indian magzines. I hope this reaches some big hunch from TATA too. They have to learn that todays customer is much more aware about his car than the customers of the time when Tata used to build only trucks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
The good news is that a few auto journalists have already got the wind of it. I believe Varun Roy has been contacted by some already.

Good going - Tata is going to pay a price for treating this customer like rubbish.

Does anyone have direct email addresses of key personnel at Tata? I would appreciate this link being forwarded to them.

GTO

Debasis Ray
Head (Corporate Communications)
Tata Motors Limited
Phone: 56657209; E-Mail: debasis.ray@tatamotors.com

Good deed on tbhp to take this up.

This is ridiculous, really can't beleive things like this still happens around. Stuff like this is really bad for us consumers and also for the only true indian car manufacturer.

I have sent a mail to Mr. Chinoy who looks after marketing of MUVs at Tata. Have also marked a copy to their senior manager customer support and a few others.

Will be speaking to him in person too. I am sure there would be some movement up there after they see the strength of this forum.

Cheers!

The irony is that Roy is actually a return customer!! If this is how he gets treated by Tata officials.....oh boy!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joz
I am sure there would be some movement up there after they see the strength of this forum.

Let this be the beginning...

And regarding the sticker-tearing issue, there is a very good chance for the culprits getting imprisonment...This is a serious issue, as it was a private vehicle and was on "display" at an exhibition. Although the audio recording (of Prerana motors guys threatning the Roys) may not be accepted as proof by the court, the photographs (if any, of stickers being removed) might be, and EYE WITNESS accounts will certainly accepted.

Edit note:
Roys can use the "return customer" factor for making a very strong prosecution argument.

I dont know about the rest of you but I will NOT recommend a Tata Motors product either here in the forum or outside till this gentleman gets justice. I may even recommend that people DONT BUY Tata products. If this can happen to Varun and Minakshi today, it can happen to any of us tomorrow.

Steeroid, that might be a bit of overkill...

I have my Indica serviced at Focuz motors, Trivandrum, and I am yet to have a problem with them. My car is not as trouble-free as the Qualis, but to this day Focuz (formerly Benz) is very supportive.

I bought my car exactly one week after Meenakshi-Varun have bought their nightmare.

Its not overkill. It has to be done. this has to go to the press. This thing coming from TATA is disgusting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas

I have my Indica serviced at Focuz motors, Trivandrum, and I am yet to have a problem with them. My car is not as trouble-free as the Qualis, but to this day Focuz (formerly Benz) is very supportive.

I bought my car exactly one week after Meenakshi-Varun have bought their nightmare.

Sandeep, the problem here is not the generic build quality of TATA but their apathy towards a customer who has owned one TATA vehicle before and still went for another one.... As a manufacturer, they just can't wash their hands off what they built. They have to stand by it.

This is disgusting stuff, that too in 21st century and in a democratic nation like India. As steer said, even I would not be recommending tata vehicles to any of my friends/relatives. Passing on a defective product is as good as the crime committed by fraudsters. And sabotaging a private vehicle in front of the owner and in a public exhibition is a "Third Class" behavior from the dealers.
My decision of not to buy the Indica was “influenced” by unprofessional behavior of Manipal motors, if not decisive.
I think we all should protest this incident by sending criticizing mails to tata people.

an easy way to bring this issue to the limelight would be to forward this link to rival companies, i'm sure rival companies are always waiting to get hold of this kind of stuff. so is tata going to repent or repent?

manson.

Quote:

I said this earlier and will repeat that it does not do justice to anyone by forming opinion based on one incident.

Tsk1979, I am really surprised to hear this from you. Wasn't it you, who posted earlier about Tata Motors GM personally meeting and reimbursing money to one affected customer?

Tata Motors surely has to be blamed for this. But I would take your approach, only if Tata motors senior management totally turns deaf ear to this. So far, we have heard story from one side, that is from Mr. Varun Roy and we do not know Tata Motors part.

Quote:

Dude, when you sell a piece of **** like that and refuse to acknowledge the fact that you've sold a dud, YOU DESERVE AN OVERKILL.

As for having heard only one side, I guess both you and RX are right. However, bear in mind that Varun & Minakshi are RETURN CUSTOMERS, and that they have obviously had to go to the extraordinary lengths of buying space at the Vahan Yatra and exhibiting their car BECAUSE they feel nobody is listening. I dont suppose they did the same with their first Sumo...if a customer has to become SO desperate there is obviously quite a bit of fault from the manufacturer. This sort of stuff doesnt happen everyday.

IF this had happened to me, I would have crashed the Safari into the Tata Motors head office even if it meant that I had to drive all the way to Mumbai to do so. I dont fancy being taken for a ride by anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson
an easy way to bring this issue to the limelight would be to forward this link to rival companies, i'm sure rival companies are always waiting to get hold of this kind of stuff. so is tata going to repent or repent?

manson.

Just send it to Mahindra & Mahindra - they'll rub their hands in glee!