Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 22:49   #91

Technically you can build infinite number of steering responses in an EPS but for hydraulic assist there can be only one response graph (based on the torsion bar used).So there are more chances of hitting the desired "feel"with an EPS .Just sayin.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:23   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Lambo- Judging by your garage I think its time the E270 be replaced with the new 7
The F10 is great but having the E60 already I feel its best to upgrade a segment above if you can stretch. If it feel too much a stretch I would do this, if I were you- Sell the E270 and E60 to get a 7 and Superb. Trust me, the new E and new 5 don't come anywhere close to the Superb for rear comfort.
Old 6th May 2010, 04:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubya View Post
Technically you can build infinite number of steering responses in an EPS but for hydraulic assist there can be only one response graph (based on the torsion bar used).So there are more chances of hitting the desired "feel"with an EPS .Just sayin.
Sounds good on paper but I have'nt seen anybody execute it with good results.

BTW, torsion bar is not the only tuning element. Stepper motor based Variable effort HPS systems have been around more than a decade. Its bleeds off pressure based on speed

Note from Mod : A detailed Test Report of the F10 BMW 525d has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2010 at 16:07. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks