Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 21:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Please post your comments so that we can come to a final conclusion.
Attachment 352305
Appreciate your effort. But there is no such thing as final conclusion. To each his own
Old 21st May 2010, 21:45   #152
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that, there is no final conclusion.

But I personally agree with most of your ratings.

Why such a low rating for Swift's build quality? Surely it deserves better. Heard that the newer Swifts dont rattle so much.

Polo and Vista are missing from this comparo.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Appreciate your effort. But there is no such thing as final conclusion. To each his own
I am not here to make a final winner. Just make some mods according to the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
+1 to that, there is no final conclusion.

But I personally agree with most of your ratings.

Why such a low rating for Swift's build quality? Surely it deserves better. Heard that the newer Swifts dont rattle so much.

Polo and Vista are missing from this comparo.
Skipped Polo & Vista as I dont have that good exposure with those cars. Someone can come up with their ratings.
The new Swift has no changes in the chasis. Only the suspension and engine. It is bound to rattle like hell. Only time will tell.
Old 22nd May 2010, 07:02   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

@Oxyzen: Though these are your personal ratings, but they are too extreme. Some ratings like 1/5 for Performance to Skoda Fabia and 5/5 to a Jazz are too extreme. If Honda decides to give us a 1.5 Jazz, Would you rate it 10/5?

You have mentioned these ratings are from your personal experience, Have you actually owned these cars?
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Oxyzen: Though these are your personal ratings, but they are too extreme. Some ratings like 1/5 for Performance to Skoda Fabia and 5/5 to a Jazz are too extreme. If Honda decides to give us a 1.5 Jazz, Would you rate it 10/5?

You have mentioned these ratings are from your personal experience, Have you actually owned these cars?
5 is given to the best of the lot. If Jazz comes up with 1.5L definately it will be 5 star. But it will push down swift and ritz to4.

Ratings are extreme because I wanted a complete spread between 1 to 5. Rating of 1 means its the worst of the lot.

Its not possible for someone to own all the cars. Some cars I have driven quite extensively. Some I have only Test drived.
Old 22nd May 2010, 10:43   #156
Senior - BHPian

You may want to add this:

Vista

Exteriors - 3
Interiors - 2
Performance - 5
Handling - 4
FE - 5
Ride - 5
Space - 5
Ergonomics - 1
Build Quality - 2
Service - 2
VFM - 4

Source(s): Test drive, friend owns one
Old 22nd May 2010, 11:02   #157
BHPian

how can the i10 have 5 for FE and the i20 have 2 for FE.
I can understand a little variation because the i20 is heavier. But such a big difference? They both have the same engine!
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:03   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may want to add this:

Vista

Exteriors - 3
Interiors - 2
Performance - 5
Handling - 4
FE - 5
Ride - 5
Space - 5
Ergonomics - 1
Build Quality - 2
Service - 2
VFM - 4

Source(s): Test drive, friend owns one
Performance is no way 5. That spot is reserved for engines like swift and co.
Handling 4. I seriously doubt it.
And why is ergonomics 1? I have no knowledge here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
how can the i10 have 5 for FE and the i20 have 2 for FE.
I can understand a little variation because the i20 is heavier. But such a big difference? They both have the same engine!
You are right. Both have same engine. I10 is rated as the fuel effecient car.
Can someone post the the expected FE ratings. (keeping the ratings of other cars in mind.)
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:54   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Performance is no way 5. That spot is reserved for engines like swift and co.
Handling 4. I seriously doubt it.
And why is ergonomics 1? I have no knowledge here though.
Have you driven Vista? It certainly scores over the Swift diesel when it comes to outright acceleration. The gear ratios are well thought out. This applies only to diesel of course.

Cornering is pretty good too, hence the rating of 4 for handling.

I gave it the lowest rating for ergonomics because of the driving position. The steering position is high and the driver has to hold it with "puppy beg" position, and has to constantly lean forward to maintain good road view. Gives back/neck pain over some time.

EDIT: Ok, just noticed that you are comparing only petrol hatches. I had mentioned about diesel Vista. Hence the confusion.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 23rd May 2010 at 01:58.
Old 23rd May 2010, 02:27   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I have driven both the cars.

Vista can never beat a Swift for outright acceleration, Overall its not a match for fun to drive factor too, the steering feels terrible compared to Swift. Surely Vista is easier to drive in traffic.
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:43   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cornering is pretty good too, hence the rating of 4 for handling.
I am sure vista is not as good as Punto when it comes to handling. (As it is a TATA product). Now the question is, is it better than I10 and beat?
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:39   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure vista is not as good as Punto when it comes to handling. (As it is a TATA product). Now the question is, is it better than I10 and beat?
Well I didnt have a chance to do even any moderate speed cornering/turning in Punto, but this is what I felt with Vista: feels stable and holds its ground, body roll is there but doesn't feel scary, car feels slightly front-heavy. Steering doesnt give any idea of the grip, and while stable it doesnt feel "fun".
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:30   #163
BHPian

what about Vista Mjd drivetec? Someone on tbhp posted on the indica and vista relating to its suspension. The drivetec model seems to be absolute vfm. I have two petrol indicas and am thinking of considering a diesel variant now. Still I dont understand the reign of Swift ddis over figo tcdi and vista mjd. Have driven all mid-level hatchbacks and I feel Indica more stable than Ritz, i10, zen, A-star, santro and Alto. I cant access Vista's rear suspension. A comment on mouthshut.com, stated that the TASS is the biggest enemy of TATA Cars.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:34   #164
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Oxygen

I think the thread is about Objectivity, and we should let it remain objective, and leave the subjective inputs out of it.

If there is a measurable parameter that can be added we can suggest that smart car does it, but with subjective parameters we can NEVER reach a conclusion for cars, it is not about maximium in favour, of a specific ranking enabling it to be accepted, there might be just one voice in disagreement but that still has to be considered and accepted (it might actually be the voice of an expert).

Lets stick to commenting and working based on smartcats final analysis. There could be a seperate thread on subjective comments, but trust me it will never reach any semblance of a conculsion. Lets not spoil the neutrality of this thread.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:01   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Oxygen
Lets stick to commenting and working based on smartcats final analysis. There could be a seperate thread on subjective comments, but trust me it will never reach any semblance of a conculsion. Lets not spoil the neutrality of this thread.
There was a separate thread for this. But it was moved here by GTO.
Sorry.

Anyway you cant even come to any final conclusion with objective analysis as well.

However with both subjective and objective analysis you can come to a point where you can say. like best car to drive is swift. Most comfortable car to ride is I20 and so on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks