Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 12:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Kroner man u are comparing a 14 lac car with a 10 lac price tag car yet to launch. I dont say octavia is a bad car. I fell in love with it when i raced on highway with octavia 2.0 petrol with my friends optra. They guy who was driving skoda used to kik our az in pickup just like that but he really sked at top speed. For me Skoda is a shuttle. I like the design but it sure lac features. specially the rear seats and suspension.. man where is the comfort . even my frnd optra 1.6 got AIWS. and it feels like heaven. So i think you should go for civic if you want comfort but if u want a date with devil go for new sonata. That is a beast which can take down skoda rs anytime.
Old 20th October 2005, 12:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

[size=2]I think RX135 i read on team bhp that "JAPAN BEAT EUROPE" the article said the accord engine and comfort beats the double powered european cars. So i think you should check that thread.[/size]
Old 20th October 2005, 12:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
[size=2]I think RX135 i read on team bhp that "JAPAN BEAT EUROPE" the article said the accord engine and comfort beats the double powered european cars. So i think you should check that thread.[/size]
Yep. I have read the one posted by Shan2nu, which is around 3 year old article featuring Accord, Volvo and Audi. Don't use that article as bible of everything in automobiles :-)
Old 20th October 2005, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

But it still contunues japanese are good engine makers around the world and everyone knows and that is why GM has stake in Suzuki too... Coz GM knows that japanese make good engines.
Old 20th October 2005, 12:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But it still contunues japanese are good engine makers around the world and everyone knows and that is why GM has stake in Suzuki too... Coz GM knows that japanese make good engines.
And Suzuki takes engines from Fiat. JTD is developed by Fiat folks and will be used by Suzuki :-) While no one is doubting Honda's ability to produce nice engines, it is not the end of world and hence, not every car from Honda will be better than every car from Skoda.
Old 20th October 2005, 12:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree but the skodas launched here in india ar making fool of us giving us the chepest stuff they have. axcept for the shape and thicknes.. Skoda is a good car if they drop price to what they are giving us. Also everyone have diff opinion and my opinion is i wont ever go for skoda not even for superb 19 lac if i can get mecr for 18 lacs right now. I hated skoda octavia from th day i sat in rear of it (Elegence and rider).

Also the more features the car have more i like the car. I am a features freak. Looks doent matter much to me.
Old 20th October 2005, 13:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep. I have read the one posted by Shan2nu, which is around 3 year old article featuring Accord, Volvo and Audi. Don't use that article as bible of everything in automobiles :-)
Correction dude. I never posted anything like that. I had just replied to it.

Here's the article Japan beats Europe!!!

And comming back to the topic. Lets not be so sure about something that hasn't been launched here.

A simple test drive should be able to answer all your questions.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 20th October 2005 at 16:34.
Old 20th October 2005, 14:53   #23

I guess a test drive is the only way...
Old 20th October 2005, 15:24   #24
BHPian

Its a nic dilemma to have though kroner....to buy a 140hp car or a 180 on ;-)

Guess you should wait till the specs come out atleast (if you are a feature freak ),
but if I was in that position I would go for the RS.
Old 20th October 2005, 16:08   #25

Believe me man, I've been saving for a sweet ride a damn long time.

I'm leaning towards the RS too. I just have it stuck in my head...

Very hard to not pull the trigger just now.
Old 20th October 2005, 16:14   #26
BHPian

Kroner, I used a Honda City for 3.5 years before I junked it in favor of a Skoda RS. Go for the RS blindly, if you want a driver's car. The solid build (go hear how the doors shut with a thud) can never be matched by a Japanese rice rocket (pardon me, Honda fans). The RS has ageless style, an engine that just begs to be booted and all other frills like parking sensors, cruise, xenons, leather seats sun roof etc. And the RS's alloys are to die for. I don't know what trim the Civic will be launched in but why wait for a pie in the sky, when you have something good available today.

Bomi
Old 20th October 2005, 17:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy yo are talking about wrc.. Man the cars used in wrc are so much tweaked. So i think you should leave this all about skoda being used in wrc. and be a little practical.
if a car participates in WRC it will have technology over flow on its production vehicle, which makes them way better than the othe ones. wht do u say ???? thts y d octavia is better in every respect to d civic. actually they are really 2 diff platforms. and i think "this is practicle"
Old 20th October 2005, 17:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree but the skodas launched here in india ar making fool of us giving us the chepest stuff they have. axcept for the shape and thicknes.. Skoda is a good car if they drop price to what they are giving us. Also everyone have diff opinion and my opinion is i wont ever go for skoda not even for superb 19 lac if i can get mecr for 18 lacs right now. I hated skoda octavia from th day i sat in rear of it (Elegence and rider).

Also the more features the car have more i like the car. I am a features freak. Looks doent matter much to me.
btw which merc do we got for 18 lacs ????? the c class ??? its around 24 lacs.
Old 20th October 2005, 18:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kroner I feel you should go in for the Octavia. From your requirements the Octavia RS is THE car for you. Noone can be sure what specs the Civic will have but I am sure the Rs will always have more features then the civic but then it's also a costlier car. Also, internationally VW have discontinued the 1.8Turbo engine and replaced it with a 2.0 Turbo 200hp engine. I think it's a matter of time before Skoda has that engine in India. Maybe they will detune it to 180hp but with mods you can probably yank the Hp to 200 or maybe even 220? Looks are subjective but I find the Octavia looks light years better then Civic. Also, European designs are timeless. While the Civic will keep getting new grilles and head-lights every year the Octavia will retain it's original looks for years and still look better then the Civic! European cars appeal to the heart, Japanese cars appeal to the head.
Old 20th October 2005, 19:21   #30

Test drive will say it all........

Most Viewed