Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

I think this SE sounds like a good proposition,if you just slap on some after-market alloys.Its got all you need in a MPV.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

On road price in Bombay for this Special Edition comes at about 10.50L.

Not a bad option for a person who isnt willing to pay 12 lakh plus(on road) for GX variant. This model is almost same as GX sans the wheelcaps and second row a/c ( corrections welcome)
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
This is the E variant mailny focused on the taxi walas. This one (THE SPECIAL EDITION) is a 7 seater (E variant doesn't have a 7 seater option). The vehicle have already arrived in the showroom.
Can you pls confirm if it has 2nd/3rd row ac vents? That will be interesting if these have these vents. Otherwise I don't see any big difference between this one and G variant.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
Can you pls confirm if it has 2nd/3rd row ac vents? That will be interesting if these have these vents. Otherwise I don't see any big difference between this one and G variant.
NO 2nd/3rd row ac vents. It is the the G variant with stickers and without wheel caps and also no variant badging.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:30   #35
BHPian

According to the press release, they are simply celebrating 5 years of Innova in India. Plain and simple.

I dont see anything wrong with it.

Its almost like a company who wants to celebrate its own product, just because they feel like celebrating! So no point expecting vehicle with a modded engine with goodies.

If people dont like them calling it "Special Edition", Toyota could called it "5th Anniversary Edition". (though i bet people would still complain). Do you guys think it would be better off if they had not released anything at all?

"Give me haves for the price of have-nots" mentality, it almost always dont work, so better to get rid of it.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Just 700?? ran out of stickers?
You made me laugh today after too much work....
Old 4th June 2010, 13:44   #37
BHPian

This variant has been launched to thank all the white Innova taxi owners. I bet one will see more of these 'special' cars with yellow plates.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
This ‘Special Edition’ of Innova does not even have wheel caps !
awesome observation
Old 4th June 2010, 18:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is how the innova special edition looks like. It does have wheel caps at an extra cost of 2200 for a set of 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Now, an Innova "special edition". Edit - And one more...-dsc04876.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2010, 11:14   #40
BHPian

What a scam !! I mean why take a special edition for the heck of it . And available in "Premium white", why is that white any diffrent from the billions of white Innovas plying on the road.
--Vikrant
Old 5th June 2010, 11:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
According to the press release, they are simply celebrating 5 years of Innova in India. Plain and simple.

I dont see anything wrong with it.

Its almost like a company who wants to celebrate its own product, just because they feel like celebrating! So no point expecting vehicle with a modded engine with goodies.

If people dont like them calling it "Special Edition", Toyota could called it "5th Anniversary Edition". (though i bet people would still complain). Do you guys think it would be better off if they had not released anything at all?

"Give me haves for the price of have-nots" mentality, it almost always dont work, so better to get rid of it.
No issue in celebrating their own products. But atleast make that celebration worth while. Give something to people which will make them feel like they have bought a special edition cars. God forbid if that sticker comes out in the next rain , what would be the apparent differentiation factor from already selling white non-special edition toyotas.

--Vikrant
Old 5th June 2010, 12:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is how the innova special edition looks like. It does have wheel caps at an extra cost of 2200 for a set of 4.
are those special edition wheel caps?? why dont the come up with something strange and radical. the point of producing 700 should be to make those 7000 crazy customers want one. this is just an innova which any normal innova buyer would want.
customerr:- "i am interested in an innova, is the special edition available?
sales man: "yes"
customer:-"ok il take one"
OR
cutomer:- "i am interested in an innova, is the special edition available?
sales man: "nope"
customer:-"ok il take one"

Whats the difference?
Old 11th August 2011, 08:56   #43
Team-BHP Support

Now, another special edition: Crysta!

Following LUXURY features have been added to the Innova, to launch the special edition Crysta.

These are over and above the VX version. The new added luxury features are as follows
  • Smoked Alloy Wheels – Classy Smoked Alloy Wheels gives a sporty look
  • Body Graphics – Elegant Body Graphics with crystal – like patterns makes a unique style statement
  • Dual Tone Leather Seat Cover – Leather Seat Covers offer a clean uniform look while the subtle Dual Tone gives it a luxurious feel
  • Rear Roof Spoiler – The sleek Rear Roof Spoiler with its stylish design adds a distinct touch at the rear
  • Dark Wood Panel – The new Dark Wood Panel with perfect finish adds a touch of exclusivity to the interior
  • Muffler Cutter – Stylised chrome plated Muffler Cutter gives a distinctive look at the rear
  • Floor Mats – Perfectly crafted Floor Mats to add to the classy look to the interiors

Source-
Toyota launches Innova Crysta

Name:  1312973361A3879.jpg
Views: 7629
Size:  29.9 KB

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th August 2011 at 09:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 10:20   #44
BHPian

Re: Now, an Innova "special edition"

The same content was put up in the Indian Express newspaper today, but why is Toyota sprucing up the VX model alone. There are already many VX on road and the variants which needs a push would be the basic E and G models.

There is also a price increase, so there is no value addittion to the VX variant.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now, an Innova "special edition"

^^^ That is Rs.50K costlier than the VX model... additional features probably the Aria 4X2 effect. But, it is good that Toyota is being proactive rather than reactive (i.e. acting before sales are affected to any extent IMO).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks