Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Best driver's car below 5Lakhs (ex-showroom)
Figo - TDCi 58 17.68%
Swift - 1.2K series 111 33.84%
Figo - 1.2 petrol 12 3.66%
Swift - DDiS 120 36.59%
A-star 8 2.44%
Chevy Beat (Petrol) 19 5.79%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:38   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
So let's keep the Palio 1.6 out of this race.

Even here in another thread a few members have complained
about non-delivery of the 1.6, even 5 months after booking.
Guess BS VI is the reason.
Ain't this unfair? For one you have chosen to believe a third-party website against the official FIAT website, to conclude that it has been discontinued. Then you try to cover it up by saying that a few of them have delivery issues. Palio 1.6 has sure gone from the BSIV cities, but it is still on sale elsewhere.

An unfair poll is as good as a rigged one.
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:03   #92
BHPian

swift DDiS and give it to me in white :-) one hell of a hatchback and boy she moves. When in turbo zone she flies like a stink.
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:23   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So you know only the S10 ?
I am not very good with Cars :[

Quote:
S10 had closer gear ratios apart from the Sachin's signature, and of course a different spoiler too.
Didn't know about Gear ratios, i just saw the spoiler

Quote:
Palio 1.6 GTX
Palio 1.6 Sports
Palio 1.6 Stile Sports which had less weight and softer suspension than the earlier ones.
Stile? the older Palio looks so much better than the current one.

I am trying to pick between Swift P & D
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am not very good with Cars :[

Didn't know about Gear ratios, i just saw the spoiler

Stile? the older Palio looks so much better than the current one.

I am trying to pick between Swift P & D
If I may say so, the Petrol is more fun to drive. The diesel has this kick at 1800rpm, which can be quite exciting but it's not that great for the city.

The Petrol on the other hand is a delight.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Why swift is no an enthusiast car according to me..

I was wondering all this while how come my mind was more leaning not towards the swift and accepting it as a enthusiasts car. When there were so many people who voted for this to be an enthusiasts car.

Then I realized one main factor which would affect my decision making process,
I for sure to be calling a car an enthusiast car I would be choosing one which is not a common place.

Think of it, when you are discussing about factors like handling, torque etc about your enthu car with your friend, you would expect him to go pepped up and say wow.. and Oh is it... etc.

But unfortunately, Swift though a well built one, lacks this factor, which I feel is very critical. I mean when you talk about its handling, I am sure your friends will tell, ya my bro has it, my dad has it, my uncle has it.. even my grandpa loves driving it....
When that happens there is nothing left to discuss about the car. In effect, there is no enthusiasm about a car which is too common place and sold one of four cars in its category.
Just to add to my justification, think about it what does Palio 1.6, the Original Zen and Alto 1.1 have in common, they are not common sight.

I know not many people would agree to my point, but thats how I am..

Last edited by xingamazon : 23rd June 2010 at 22:12.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:46   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I do not agree, The sales figures have nothing to do with the Fun to Drive factor. Swift without a doubt is a very entertaining and involving car to drive, even the Palio 1.6 cannot match it the way it flows in a corner.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ I do not agree, The sales figures have nothing to do with the Fun to Drive factor. Swift without a doubt is a very entertaining and involving car to drive, even the Palio 1.6 cannot match it the way it flows in a corner.
Very well, I have driven two cars long distances, in fact I hit nearly 170 Kmph on a stock Swift P on a straight empty road. But on a corner, I'd love to drive a 1.6 than Swift. I respect your opinion but for me Swift has never been that fun to drive like a 1.6 - it's very addictive.

Swift leads the poll because Palio 1.6 is not currently on sale, and the thread starter said we need to consider only those cars which are on sale in showrooms now.

Quote:
I was wondering all this while how come my mind was more leaning not towards the swift and accepting it as a enthusiasts car. When there were so many people who voted for this to be an enthusiasts car.

I for sure to be calling a car an enthusiast car I would be choosing one which is not a common place.

Think of it, when you are discussing about factors like handling, torque etc about your enthu car with your friend, you would expect him to go pepped up and say wow.. and Oh is it... etc.

But unfortunately, Swift though a well built one, lacks this factor, which I feel is very critical. I mean when you talk about its handling, I am sure your friends will tell, ya my bro has it, my dad has it, my uncle has it.. even my grandpa loves driving it....
When that happens there is nothing left to discuss about the car. In effect, there is no enthusiasm about a car which is too common place and sold one of four cars in its category.
Just to add to my justification, think about it what does Palio 1.6, the Original Zen and Alto 1.1 have in common, they are not common sight.

Interesting point, I tend to agree with it

Last edited by clevermax : 24th June 2010 at 00:04.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Between the Swift-P and Swift-D, which would be the better driver's car ?
Swift DDis it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I have'nt driven the K-Series Swift. But Between the 1.3 DDIS and 1.3 G13BB i ll give it to the DDIS.
DDIS is far more easier and responsive to drive in cities. In highway although the G13BB performs superbly, the inherent nature of diesel performance (when nicely warm engines) give DDIS a Distinct advantage.

In my recent Highway trip, there was a Copper DDIS follwing us. After each toll, i take off like a rocket, only to find the DDIS blazing past after i cross the 3-figure mark!!.
+100. After I drove my friend's DDis, within a month I sold my year old Swift P (G13B) and bought a Swift D. The turbo kick is addictive.

Not driven the K series though. My vote goes to DDis.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Swift DDis it is.
+100. After I drove my friend's DDis, within a month I sold my year old Swift P (G13B) and bought a Swift D. The turbo kick is addictive.
I think your perception of a driver's car is a little skewed. A turbo-kick might be addictive, but it ain't no driver's car compared to the K-series petrol. With that sweet revving engine and decent gearbox, the Swift petrol is the one that comes out on top of its sibling.

A reasonably linear, wide powerband, with high revving capability is still the quintessential driver's car.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Huh?!?! Going by this logic, all FTD cars should not sell well, right? Going by that logic, the ambassador sells less than 1000 a month. It should top the list of FTD/Driver's Car/Enthusiasts' car?

Actually the logic should be "Swift is a FTD car which also sells well". There is no relation between the two factors, at least in India.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Swift DDis it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I think your perception of a driver's car is a little skewed. A turbo-kick might be addictive, but it ain't no driver's car compared to the K-series petrol. With that sweet revving engine and decent gearbox, the Swift petrol is the one that comes out on top of its sibling.

A reasonably linear, wide powerband, with high revving capability is still the quintessential driver's car.
Buddy, I have clearly mentioned that I have not driven the K series Swift.
Old 24th June 2010, 02:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, I have clearly mentioned that I have not driven the K series Swift.
Correct, I was concerned with the fact that the poll pits the 1.3DDiS with the 1.2 K-series engine, hence my comment.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
Old 24th June 2010, 03:02   #103
BHPian

swift D all the way it's a complete all rounder will fetch you a good resale whenever u sell it.
Old 24th June 2010, 08:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Very well, I have driven two cars long distances, in fact I hit nearly 170 Kmph on a stock Swift P on a straight empty road. But on a corner, I'd love to drive a 1.6 than Swift. I respect your opinion but for me Swift has never been that fun to drive like a 1.6 - it's very addictive.

Swift leads the poll because Palio 1.6 is not currently on sale, and the thread starter said we need to consider only those cars which are on sale in showrooms now.

Interesting point, I tend to agree with it
I any car that gives a fun to 'drive' factor is an enthusiasts car. It is not necessary that they should always sell less than the competition.

Swift anyway is a more FTD car than your first gen Zen and Alto 1.1.

I thought Swift handles better in corners than the Palio. I have the experience of being smoked by the Palio 1.6 in Straights / highways well when i was doing well over the mid-3 figure mark
Old 24th June 2010, 11:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Huh?!?! Going by this logic, all FTD cars should not sell well, right? Going by that logic, the ambassador sells less than 1000 a month. It should top the list of FTD/Driver's Car/Enthusiasts' car?

Actually the logic should be "Swift is a FTD car which also sells well". There is no relation between the two factors, at least in India.
Well you got me wrong totally, request you to read the message again, I am not proposing logic that FTD sells lesser.
Its totally wrong assumption that you made from my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I any car that gives a fun to 'drive' factor is an enthusiasts car. It is not necessary that they should always sell less than the competition.
Swift anyway is a more FTD car than your first gen Zen and Alto 1.1.
I thought Swift handles better in corners than the Palio. I have the experience of being smoked by the Palio 1.6 in Straights / highways well when i was doing well over the mid-3 figure mark
Sorry to say you also got my point wrongly, I am not saying swift is not FTD. I totally am impressed about the car and have a dogmatic followship of it as well.

But my point is not that.

Let me try to put it in the other way, just assume we were in the 70's all people atleast 90% of the cars were ambassadors, in that case imagine how discussion would have been between car enthisiasts.
They would be discussing things like I did like this with my car, I did this thing with my car. The discussion would not be about the car itself.
Not that I want to equate Swift with Ambassador.

Anyway, as I mentioend before, its just my view point, I would not expect anyone to agree with it.

Edit: one more small point, you watch movie 3 Idots once again(if you had watched it before)
I am sure, it will be fun, but dont think you will be enthusiastic about it, cos you know what to expect out of the movie. I guess its something in this line.

Last edited by xingamazon : 24th June 2010 at 11:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks