Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 20:49   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Reliability - My Linea D has done up 25k kms and still going strong. I dont see any issues whatsoever with the reliability of my beauty. It has never let me down anywhere anytime.. and touch wood there are no major rattling problems as well...

I had two Maruti's before and I would say the service is at par with what I have got in Maruti Service Stations. Actually I should say I get a better treatment owning a FIAT car than I used to get by owning Maruti cars. Its just hyped that the service is a let down or not in par with any other manufacturer. Also the service costs are low.. example my Swift costed my 7k during my third free service wherein My Linea has costed me close to 4k during my second free service which includes Oil change.. Even that 4 k actually includes interior 3m cleaning of 1k... To be honest I would say I have NO problems with my ownership (in terms of cost, reliability, service or whatever parameter it is)... Its just all hyped.. same "FIAT is bad in Service" mentality that people have developed during the old UNO/Palio days... Actually FIAT is making substancial progress in all aspects... I am selling my car now since I am going abroad and if you ask me what I will buy after I come back to INDIA - I can COMMIT.. ITS ONLY ANOTHER FIAT..NOTHING ELSE.. PROBABLY THE TJET.
@Sathya_sc its really nice to hear about your A.S.S. experience and sincerely hope other FIAT owners also share their experiences to get the real picture. But I would still like to see a FIAT only A.S.S. to bring more confidence in the brand.
Old 30th September 2010, 21:10   #437
Senior - BHPian

This is what I just read on CW forum. Quoting the entire post below:

Quote:
"Just had a chat with the FIAT support. T-jet pricing is likely to be similar to MJD. Also, pan India presence is to be from November and delivery lead time is over a week. Looks like FIAT is going in for a kill with T-jet."
Old 1st October 2010, 10:36   #438
GSM
BHPian

Hi All

Apart from the usual grouse about the A.S.S. and workmanship in the interiors, another big talking / sore point happens to be rear bench space. If Linea is targeting Vento and City, then this rear bench space (leg room included) could be a critical factor. My personal view after having sat in City and Linea is that City seems to be a size larger than Linea in terms of space packaging. I don't know how the other cars are in that segment (Verna / SX4 / Fiesta).

I consider this as important more because, in India, a wide majority of the C Segment sedans are not self driven. An enthusiast may not bother about rear space. He may even be happy without a rear bench, but the major buying public may think otherwise. This basically translates that even with Tjet, I don't expect the car to redefine the segment in terms of sales, or leave a serious dent on City / Vento.

As a FIAT owner, I owner, I would love to see it succeed. Atleast to avoid being asked the legendary "Why FIAT?"
Old 1st October 2010, 10:46   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The product so to say-Tjet, no matter what will be a step up from the current linea for obvious reasons(FIAT does listen to market feedback, the very fact that the existing Lineas interiors have been revised+Punto90hp+Tjet are the pointers.) If the pricing is right and like the above post mentions , the delivery lead time is just a week then do expect quite a few lineas to be sold.Im not saying segment topping sales at all but just the ones which meet the sales targets by FIAT.

Last edited by MihirC : 1st October 2010 at 10:51.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:49   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Linea Tjet prices have to be lower by atleast 10% over Emotion MJD, then going for petrol would be justified. Or else it would lead to massive confusion between petrol & Diesel models.
Old 1st October 2010, 16:26   #441
BHPian

Quote:
From GTO (Sept Sales Figures Thread):- Linea tanking at a mere 700 odd units. The 1.4 T-jet should give it momentary boost.
Such Sales figures are a big dampeners to prospective buyers, It seems FIAT is going nowhere, lets see what T-jet does to its sales figures. I don't expect any fireworks with T-Jet.

Fiat should now try to boost its volumes by playing an aggressive price game & forget about competing with ANHC (Almost 6500 units in Sept). Its competition would now be with Logan, Dzire & fiesta. (Although Dzire & Fieista are also miles ahead in the volume game)
Old 1st October 2010, 16:42   #442
BHPian

First hand experience

Guys, something to share, which made my day

I am on my way from Pune to Aurangabad. I have see a fleet of 8-10 Lineas standing roadside before 10 kms of Shirur. I pulled over and talked to these guys. They were completing the run-in of 300 kms before cars to be handed over to Press cover/drive. They have politely asked me not to take any photographs, which I obliged.

The fleet was 3 gold beige, 3 brownish (darker than wine red), 3 silver (probably normal - no alloys) and one Azure frost (TJet). The T-Jet logo stickered and covers on bumpers and bonnet (to secure from scratches). Had a inside out look, the car looks impressive with two tone interior (prominant beige), leather seat covers , wider tyres and nice alloys.

The cars overtook me before Shirur toll naka and took U turn back for Ranjanwadi plat. I have 2 snaps, which will post once gets decent connection.

Fiat seems to be preparing hard for launch and not leaving any stone unturned for this time. Best wishes to them..
Old 1st October 2010, 18:39   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
Hi All

Apart from the usual grouse about the A.S.S. and workmanship in the interiors, another big talking / sore point happens to be rear bench space. If Linea is targeting Vento and City, then this rear bench space (leg room included) could be a critical factor. My personal view after having sat in City and Linea is that City seems to be a size larger than Linea in terms of space packaging. I don't know how the other cars are in that segment (Verna / SX4 / Fiesta).
ANHC easily has the best rear legroom. After the hype of Vento's rear leg room, I happened to check it out, but it was the same as Linea (why so much hype then?) - this is also true in Autocar's comparison in Oct issue. Also, 3 people just cant sit comfortably in Vento due to the raised floor in the centre.

Anyway, Tjet's interior finish is much improved as per C&B (NDTV) & ET Now.
Let's hope this trickles down to other variants too.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:27   #444
Team-BHP Support

Agree with the thoughts the company can do better to increase the brand awareness. And from what I have seen on the C&B show, the TJet is going to be a killer product from Fiat. It may not match the reliability of a Honda City, but will be a great option for those who take their Car seriously.

Unlike Honda and Toyota (or the Korean marquee), Fiat globally is not a mass market player, maybe with an exception of Italy. But people who own a car from the Fiat family are so passionate about their possesion, be it a Fiat, Ferrari or an Alfa Romeo.

And normally we keep hearing about the dealer and service network of Suzuki and Hyundai in India. It could be taken this way also - if you car need frequent service, or visit to service centre, you need to have that many service outlets open, wheras if the car need routine service only in 15K kms interval or so, and you're confident that your product will not call for that many visits to service centres, why to have so many of those? - Just a personal view :-)
Old 2nd October 2010, 20:24   #445
BHPian

Going a little off topic since I read 'herd mentality' somewhere in this thread. Sometimes it feels really good when u see heads turning in the middle of traffic when you are sitting inside a Fiat. let it be Linea, Punto or long old Palio (when cleaned, polished and refreshed)....

I dont know what goes on in the mind of onlookers, they may think "what a fool owning a fiat" , or "This guy has gut to own a fiat", or "Awesome looking car", or " Man this guy is rich who can afford gas for a fiat", or "Totally insane fellow", or "This guy seems to have lack of car knowledge, if he had he would have bought a maruti" etc. etc. ....

I always felt like asking the onlooker whats going on in his mind. When I see a fiat passing by, I feel like flashing my headlight.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:54   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I always felt like asking the onlooker whats going on in his mind. When I see a fiat passing by, I feel like flashing my headlight.
+1 to that.

Surprisingly I have always found most of the Linea owners trying to show me that they own a VGT while I own a FGT. Who cares???
Old 3rd October 2010, 12:15   #447
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes it feels really good when u see heads turning in the middle of traffic when you are sitting inside a Fiat. let it be Linea, Punto or long old Palio (when cleaned, polished and refreshed)....

Adding a little more to the off topic discussion, totally agree to your observation. Infact I felt there is a combination of thoughts. When peoples' eye catch a Fiat initially(without realizing it is a Fiat), they think 'wow man what a beauty, must be an imported car, hmm must be a really rich guy'. Then as soon as they spot the Fiat emblem, the above thought turns to 'aww not that beautiful after all, in fact not good at all, brand X is far better looking!!' and then all the negative ones you had listed . Purely my thoughts thoughtrying to read their facial expressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
+1 to that.

Surprisingly I have always found most of the Linea owners trying to show me that they own a VGT while I own a FGT. Who cares???
That is an interesting observation. Would you mind telling what all you have found Linea owners doing to show they are having a VGT? One method I can think of is rolling down the window, honking and shouting 'HEEEY look I own a VGT!!'. Any other innovative ideas you have come across a Linea owner doing? No offense meant friend, just to lighten things up a bit.
Old 3rd October 2010, 12:31   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Going a little off topic since I read 'herd mentality' somewhere in this thread. Sometimes it feels really good when u see heads turning in the middle of traffic when you are sitting inside a Fiat. let it be Linea, Punto or long old Palio (when cleaned, polished and refreshed)....

I dont know what goes on in the mind of onlookers, they may think "what a fool owning a fiat" , or "This guy has gut to own a fiat", or "Awesome looking car", or " Man this guy is rich who can afford gas for a fiat", or "Totally insane fellow", or "This guy seems to have lack of car knowledge, if he had he would have bought a maruti" etc. etc. ....

This type of reaction is expected when you see a rare species. There are so few FIATs on the road that when you see one you do stare at it.
Old 3rd October 2010, 21:44   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
This type of reaction is expected when you see a rare species. There are so few FIATs on the road that when you see one you do stare at it.
I don't think that applies in cities like Mumbai & Pune & to an extent Bangalore.
The no of Lineas I see in Mumbai is just mind boggling! Fiats have always been popular in these cities.

In North India, Fiat is a brand!
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:10   #450
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
I don't think that applies in cities like Mumbai & Pune & to an extent Bangalore.
The no of Lineas I see in Mumbai is just mind boggling! Fiats have always been popular in these cities.

In North India, Fiat is a brand!
Add Trivandrum and Chennai as well to that list. And in Bangalore, I see around seven to eight Lineas every morning on the way to my office alone.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks