Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 20:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

@sgiitk Now those are statements that I agree with
Immigrants the world around have added value to their new homes and unlocked potential for the natives too.

You are also correct about the 5 generation statement. In fact removing families who are only 2 generations old here will rid Delhi of all the Punjabis, Bengalis and Kashmiris who came in only post the division of '47. I think that would be at least 70% of the total if not more.

However coming back to the RTO & police setup.

Delhi has an efficient RTO setup in place, traffic police what is that??
Bombay has the country's most effective and least corrupt Traffic police, period!
Normal Police in both cities are full of mostly corrupt people with very few who actually strive to serve and the remaining are just fillers for whom it is another govt. job with a pension attached to it at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes get rid of all non-Delhi wallahs (i.e, who have been in Delhi for under 5 generations) and you will be left with a population probably less that 1 lac. Also, once the politicos and babus go, the gravy train will dry up, and you will see what we mean. Taxes are going up across the land due to the increasingly corrupt and inefficient government.

The prosperity of Delhi is due to the immigrants! Whether you like the migrant labour settlements or not is up to you.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:57   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

A real life incident: A few years ago the State's Transport Minister (Maharashtra) was holding a press conference.An opposition MLA entered the venue and handed him over a PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate with the registration number of the Ambassador car he had travelled in,to the venue.The Minister was taken aback.He issued orders to cancel the licence of the PUC centre that had issue such a farcical certificate.
A few months later, the PUC centre was back in business!
Old 27th August 2010, 22:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

What i wonder is! you were carrying a Registration smart card etched with your name of a wrong car.

I mean did they issue you a new registration card.

This happened to us once. One of my friend bought a car and asked me to register it. After a week the ajent i employed call me and gave me a number on the phone. But i told my friend not to make a plate unless and until we receive the papers. When we received it, it was a number about 80 numbers further. I never paid him the pending amount and I changed my agent there on.

Last edited by SirAlec : 27th August 2010 at 22:58.
Old 28th August 2010, 09:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomsome View Post
R.T.O babus and their sidekicks are the same everywhere. What's surprising is that there was no effort by the RTO to contact the owner to rectify this mistake.

So, finally, is your A4 back to her original glory? got pics? its always a pleasure to ogle at this beautiful machine.

yes , thankfully she is. i am having major issues trying to attach visuals here but will still give it a try.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 28th August 2010 at 09:33.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:37   #50
BANNED

Platzda Turbo : you can actually file a complaint against Audi West and RTO ,But it is waste of time.

WE CANNOT CHANGE THE RTOs AND OUR NATION, WE WILL NEVER COME TO US STANDARD TILL OUR POLITICIAN CHANGE.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

WE CANNOT CHANGE THE RTOs AND OUR NATION, WE WILL NEVER COME TO US STANDARD TILL OUR POLITICIAN CHANGE.

Precisely why we have not bothered lodging a complaint. Its a waste of OUR time and energy. Those corrupt people are hardly bothered.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:51   #52
BHPian

Not Surprised

When I took delivery of my car about 1.5 yrs back, I had asked for etching the Reg Number on all the windows. The Sales guy told me that sometimes the number given to the car is wrong from the RTO and hence told me to wait till the first service to get the numbers etched.

He said it was very common for the RTO guys to give a wrong number and the smart card would be the right place to check for the vehicle number. And BTW this was Tardeo RTO.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Update - Pics Of The Car Taken After Repair And Registeration Issues Solved

Have posted latest pics of the car post repairs and the new ( & GENUINE ) registeration number on it. Aal Is Well now

new pics in my thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2061011
Old 6th June 2011, 08:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: THE R.T.O - 1 of the biggest JOKE/SHOCKER I have ever experienced.

Very Very Weird! We get our registration done in 2 days flat if we don't apply for any special number.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please note that Bumping a thread is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP and is considered as Spam. Future instances of bumping up threads will have your account infracted. We request your co-operation in maintaining the quality of our forum.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th June 2011 at 16:05.
Old 6th June 2011, 09:14   #55

Re: THE R.T.O - 1 of the biggest JOKE/SHOCKER I have ever experienced.

HAve any of you been inside the RTO archive centre by any chance? If you have contacts there, you should go have a look. Enter the RTO main gate and take an immediate right. The second building on the right hand side is where all the old archives are.

I wish someone can go there and see for themselves, as it looks like an old World War two style disused army barrack or something.........right out of Call of Duty!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks