Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 23:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think VW will position this between the C & E class.However i bet they wont use the Passat CC moniker,they will use a brand new name.They dont think they will associate it with a lower model like passat.
Old 9th September 2010, 02:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
And what does CC stand for?
CC stands for comfort coupe. ANd it does look a whole lot better than drab Passat that we have here.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks killer. Checked out the Wikipedia and the choices of engines are good as well

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 9th September 2010 at 11:08.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

When launched, this will be positioned above the Current Passat which isnt exactly selling that well. It remains to be seen when does VW launch this, coz the Passat with a major facelift is also undergoing testing.
If VW wants to launch the CC, i think they better take advantage of the Festive season which is around the corner. and then launch the facelifted Passat sometime early next year.

very nice catch I am personally looking forward for this in India.

Last edited by fx45 : 9th September 2010 at 11:32.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great catch

VW Passat CC is amongst the sexiest sedans in world. IMO VW should launch the 3.5L V6 engine in India & position it above the regular Passat.

Only, grudge (which is now common with most sedans) is the sloping roof is a problem with taller rear seat passengers.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:12   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

But won't a Passat CC be kind of similar to the Laura / Superb - both of which are hatches? Basically the rear glass open upward along with the boot with a noticible incline/ sloping rear that merges with the boot - at a partial cost of rear passenger roof height (space) but with the benfit of a sportier look.

Would make sense only if a larger 3.0 TDI engine from the Audi A4 made it's way into it, else the Superb would be the way to go.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:30   #22
BHPian

i guess they would launch the CC post april 11, thats when the Jetta is launching right? OT- VW have surprisingly discontinued all automatics versions for both the existing Passat & Jetta, is it to veer prospective buyers towards the laura (dsg) and the superb?
Old 9th September 2010, 12:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
When launched, this will be positioned above the Current Passat which isnt exactly selling that well. It remains to be seen when does VW launch this, coz the Passat with a major facelift is also undergoing testing.
>>>
I have been given to understand by people in VW India that there are no immediate plans to launch the CC, i.e. not in 2010-11. I would expect the Germans to keep their focus on their long term objective - to be the auto major of choice in India for all Indians, and that implies prioritising the Polo, the Vento and possibly the new for 2011 Jetta over the Passat and its variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Great catch

VW Passat CC is amongst the sexiest sedans in world. IMO VW should launch the 3.5L V6 engine in India & position it above the regular Passat.

Only, grudge (which is now common with most sedans) is the sloping roof is a problem with taller rear seat passengers.
>>> The CC conceptually is a four door 'fastback sedan' with rim less windows, only that much more stylish and hence distinctive, meant for potential buyers who give top priority to style. Therefore it combines the style of a coupe with the comfort and practicality of a sedan- or so they say

So, the CC is not meant to be a replacement for the 'regular' Passat.

Rather it is a VW perspective of the Merc CLS. What will be interesting to watch is how VW will position it vis-avis the Audi A5 (with the A7, aka the Audi Sportback Concept being a grander version of the A5 ). I imagine one way for VW to make the CC stand out from similar fastbacks is the rear passenger space - if I know VW I would not be disappointed there. Let us wait and watch.

P.S. :
i.Re. DSG, I attribute its disappearance from the current line of Jettas to two reasons : price reduction & upgrades to the six speeder DSG
ii. The CC is conceptualised and positioned very differently from that of a Laura hatch or a Passat sedan- it is a stylish four door fastback

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 9th September 2010 at 12:36. Reason: Corrected and added a postscript
Old 9th September 2010, 12:36   #24
BHPian

@theraging bull.. It had red plates with TC written on them, so I assume its a test car undergoing homologation.

@avishar.. I dont think there will be many takers for it if priced more than the C class or 3 series. The VW badge still does'nt have that brand value in India. Maybe a couple of lacs over the current passat as a limited edition, there will be many takers, including me
Old 9th September 2010, 12:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Passat CC looks pretty cooller than the normal one.

Also, does the park assist (shown in the video above) work in slanted parkways?
Old 9th September 2010, 19:56   #26
BHPian

Finally !!!

The Passat seems to be getting its long overdue "oomph" factor !!
This could potentially be a segment leader from Volkswagen ??
I hope the CC is made available in a 170 bhp diesel mill !
Old 10th September 2010, 08:47   #27
njh
BHPian

Thats the CC. Its on test here. Final specs have to be decided. Should be out early next year.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

I, for one, always thought that VW should have kicked off with the CC in India, or atleast brought it in somewhere in late '08. The Passat by itself was never going to bring in impressive numbers for VW, but I've seen one of these in person and it is a looker !! Most definitely would have attracted a lot more customers if it had replaced the regular Passat still sold here. Understated and elegant doesn't always appeal to the India buyer, the slightly quirky Superb is proof of that.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by njh View Post
Thats the CC. Its on test here. Final specs have to be decided. Should be out early next year.
I hope the don't cut costs by compromising on the audio.A factory fitted Dynaudio system is to dream for.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:14   #30

I spotted the PASSAT CC in mumbai today when i was heading to my college welingkars.
Its the same what manishk123 has posted the picture of.
It had a temporary registration red no plate MH 14 TC 200.
It had Passat CC on the left and BLUE EFFICIENCY on the right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks