Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Hatches you would like to be launched in India?
VW Golf 29 25.66%
Suzuki SX4 Hatch 12 10.62%
Ford Fiesta Hatch 30 26.55%
FIAT Bravo 28 24.78%
Hyundai i30 6 5.31%
Toyota Auris 7 6.19%
Opel Astra Hatch 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 22:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Would love to see the Alfa Romeo Giulietta with their new Multi-Air engines in India
Alfa's are known for their absurd pricing. Don't expect them to lay hands on a money minded market like India. A land where all that people want from a small car is FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Voted for the Ford Fiesta hatch. It's a brilliant looking car with loads of space inside. Amazing engine options and could well be inside the 6lakh bracket! It's in fact coming in 2011 most probably.
+1. My thoughts exactly. Ford needs to capture the 4.5 to 7 lakh bracket. And if everything goes according to plan, the Fiesta hatch will do just that. It isn't an easy task though!

Btw, talking of Fords, I'd like the Focus as well.
Old 7th November 2010, 22:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Alfa's are known for their absurd pricing. Don't expect them to lay hands on a money minded market like India. A land where all that people want from a small car is FE.
I agree to that and anyways I don't expect these cars to ever make it to India because here hatches mean middle class and the moment you can afford more, its one with a boot. Jazz numbers at that price, SRV's failure (may be for other reasons too) will keep manufacturers away from this segment. But if the mindset changes, these cars can really fire the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Ford needs to capture the 4.5 to 7 lakh bracket. And if everything goes according to plan, the Fiesta hatch will do just that. It isn't an easy task though!

Btw, talking of Fords, I'd like the Focus as well.
To be honest, Fiesta hatch is the best thing Ford can do to Indian market and I am sure we will have Figo numbers for Fiesta too. That means Ford will be almost conquering the Diesel hatch segment (entry to premium).

Talking of Focus, yeah right it can be a contender, but it didn't really come to my mind as I happen to see more Focus sedans here than Focus notchbacks. To be honest it is almost a sedan with just the boot covered with a slanting roof. Well if forum needs it, I will add the focus for sure, what say?
Old 7th November 2010, 23:00   #18
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Fiat Bravo. Just love the Italian flair in and out. Apart from the Bravo, I love the Alfa Romeo Mito, Mini Cooper S, Ford Focus SVT and the VW Golf GTi. The new Fiesta hatch is also a hot looker and its practical too, but for me the design of the Bravo itself wins hands down among all its competitors.
Old 7th November 2010, 23:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Of the lot, the Fiesta hatch is definitely coming to India in the near future. Bit surprised that Maruti has not brought the SX4 hatch yet as it would share a chunk of its parts with the sedan. They could position it as an affordable lifestyle vehicle.

Another hatch that I like is the Mazda 3. Given the status that the Japanese makers enjoy in India, it baffles me why Mazda have not tried cracking the Indian market yet. Nissan started cautiously with a top-down strategy and it has paid dividends.

Mazda are in China, so why not India? Yes, it is a Ford owned and could cannibalize Fiesta/Figo sales, but then VW and Skoda cars sell alongside each other, across segments.

The Mazda 3 is a sporty, good looking car with great looking interiors and has the perceived bonus of being a Japanese Marque.

More pictures here: MazdaUSA - Wireless Tour - Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-mazda.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 00:06   #20
BHPian

I voted for Bravo . It can be manufactured here thus bringing down the cost . Bravo is a huge hatch bigger from both inside and outside than from many saloons sold here . Interiors are a real treat for eyes , just love it .
Old 8th November 2010, 00:16   #21
BHPian

Peugeot

I personally have been a fan of Peugeot ever since I drove the 206.
Though 206 is too old as per the 21st century designs, I would love to see the 207 cabriolet in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-207ep.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 08:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

would most definitely be thrilled if the Golf Diesel (loaded) variant landed here & that DSG would just make it so much more attractive ! Wouldn't mind paying the premium for that fantastic hatch.
My wishlist goes like this - Audi A3, Audi A1, VW Golf, VW Scirocco, Alfa Romeo Guiletta.
( I happen to be 1 of those few idiots who wouldnt mind paying loads of green for a hot hatch like the Audis ! )
Old 8th November 2010, 08:59   #23
BHPian

The ASTRA could be launched as a chevrolet. I still somehow love ASTRA's.

And the Alfa Romeo Giulietta looks wicked.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:18   #24
BANNED

None of the above. In fact the previous generation of the these models would make more sense like the Figo which is the last gen Fiesta. This is the only way to get some good cars at a fantastic price.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:36   #25
Team-BHP Support

None of the above. Okay the new Fiesta perhaps. Or the Fiat Bravo.

Apart from the Alfa Romeo Giulietta (which someone has already mentioned here) I'd like to see the following hatchbacks:

P.S. Where are all these cars in the poll?

RenaultSport Megane Cup 250

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-5newrenaultsportmegane250pi.jpg

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-renaultsportmegane250_4.jpg

Mini Cooper JCW

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-0802_01_b2009_mini_cooper_john_cooper_worksfront_three_quarter_view.jpg

Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-fiat_500_abarth_essesse2.jpg

RenaultSport Clio Cup 200

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-car_photo_311680_25.jpg

Ford Focus RS

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-fordfocusrs7big.jpg

Audi S3

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-audi_s3sportback2008_r19.jpg

VW Golf GTi

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-2009vwgolfgticoncept06.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th November 2010 at 09:38.
Old 8th November 2010, 10:50   #26
BHPian

I would love to see the Renault Twingo (and lots of other Renault Sport models). Small, fast and sharp. Would shame cars several segments up.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I would love to see the Renault Twingo (and lots of other Renault Sport models). Small, fast and sharp. Would shame cars several segments up.
i completely second that. The twingo is a car that can come and demolish the small car segment IMHO.

Anyways in the current scheme of things Renault has no plans of getting the twingo here :(, hence i voted for the Fiesta hatch.
Sharp, Stunning, highway worthy. Its all the car that i would want.

cheers,
ac
Old 8th November 2010, 11:44   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

alfa giulietta and fiat bravo
lovely!
but if and when they come along here, unless the import duty structure changes and/or these are assembled locally with a high level of indigenization, they will remain a pipe dream for the regular folk with non-stretchable wallets!

And it also argues(and one hopes) that Fiat would by then have got its act together in terms of sales, service and so on.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

I'd really like the following to come to Indian shores without going through cost cutting!!!

- Fiesta Hatch
- Fiat Bravo (I was a total fan of this hatch before I met my i20!)
- VW Scirocco(agree with Wildon there, Scirocco is the hatch to have)

To be honest, I was quite surprised to see that Hyundai i30 isn't visually as a appealing as the i20! (its like i30 is a step back from i20 as far as looks are concerned!)

And besides making these cars as mass people carriers(5-door versions) I'd really really appreciate if they at least give an option to the future owner, for a 3-door version!!!
I'll even buy any of the above if it comes in a 3-door version!

Last edited by sohail99 : 8th November 2010 at 12:19.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:33   #30
BHPian

Ford Focus hatch, just saw how they are rocking in China. Hatch is really impressive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks