Old 23rd December 2005, 07:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A honda fan will never buy another car
And we also know that you'l never buy a Honda. LOL

So, it kinda gets balanced. Hehe

Quote:
I personally feel this guy has his eyes closed
Isn't that what everybody says? "If you're buying a Honda, buy it with you eyes closed". Thats the name of the game.

Nobody here, is unhappy with his Honda. Maybe the FE is overhyped, maybe it's overpriced but, people do buy them.

If you're not a Honda owner, y be bothered in the first place? If anything does go wrong with the company (Like that's gonna happen), we're the ones who'l suffer. Until then, let us enjoy our cars.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd December 2005, 08:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take a look at the thread started by the guy who is having problems with the Innova diesel. There are barely 7-8 replies. Just imagine the chaos it would have created if the thread was on a Ford Ikon, Mondeo, Fiat Palio/Petra or any other car having problems.
You're talking about when there's a problem? There's chaos on NHC threads when there isn't any. All the complaints are subjective, nothings' hardcore.

Look at this thread itself. FE is overhyped??

GM is boasting away that the Optra 1.6 gives 17.6 kmpl, on the highway. Optra source - Overdrive Sept 05'.

So, unless every Optra 1.6 averages 17.6 kmpl on the highway, the FE claims are highly overhyped.

And what about that Octy 1.9 advert. 190kmph drive and 19kmpl!! Rtech, do u seriously believe that your car is capable of 19kmpl if driven at 190kmph?

Every car sold here, has something thats overhyped. If you wanna talk about something, talk about real problems.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 23rd December 2005 at 08:26.
Old 23rd December 2005, 09:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Every car sold here, has something thats overhyped.
Nothing wrong with that. Every product sold in the market is hyped up. Even human beings hype up their qualities and personalities when they want to impress someone of the opposite sex!

Quote:
If you wanna talk about something, talk about real problems.
I think that guy's Innova problem is very much real. Anyway, that's a different car with a different thread.
Old 23rd December 2005, 09:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think that guy's Innova problem is very much real.
I was refering to the NHC. The Innova's is a genuine problem. But topics like FE and Price, are subjective.

What one person finds expensive, the other might find it reasonable.

And it's not like you're paying for an unreliable, unrefined car. It's the car with the least number of problems this year.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd December 2005, 10:34   #65
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I am not saying Honda quality is not that outstanding or anything but trying to say that there is a degree of blind faith that Indians have when it comes to Honda and Toyota. Nothing wrong with that too but other manufacturers aren't given the same lineincy and that's what I don't agree with.
Thats because Honda has created a sense of confidence in the minds of the people over the years.

- You dont see Honda in cheap advertising saying its car is a 5 seater and its competition is not just because it comes with an extra seat belt.
- You dont see Honda suddenly dropping the prices of its car for a week to boost the sales.
- You dont see Honda advertising that its car is the best by comparing its features with cars from different categories.

Its that faith which makes people buy products from Honda, Toyota or say Sony even though these companies charge a premium for their brand.
Old 23rd December 2005, 12:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Thats because Honda has created a sense of confidence in the minds of the people over the years.

- You dont see Honda in cheap advertising saying its car is a 5 seater and its competition is not just because it comes with an extra seat belt.
- You dont see Honda suddenly dropping the prices of its car for a week to boost the sales.
- You dont see Honda advertising that its car is the best by comparing its features with cars from different categories.

Its that faith which makes people buy products from Honda, Toyota or say Sony even though these companies charge a premium for their brand.

overdrive has given some fantastic Fuel efficieny figures for the NHC my friend. thats called cheap advertising.

Honda sales guy says it does 0-100 in under 10 secs and is faster than the vtec. Thats cheap advertising

honda has had discounts on its cars too. OHC was going for 50k off plus accessories when it was being discountinued in 2003.

about car comparision. You should start reading the newspapers now. I have not read Indian papers for 1 year now but I still remember the ads.

I dont see anything wrong with that though while each and every company is doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
You're talking about when there's a problem? There's chaos on NHC threads when there isn't any. All the complaints are subjective, nothings' hardcore.

Look at this thread itself. FE is overhyped??

GM is boasting away that the Optra 1.6 gives 17.6 kmpl, on the highway. Optra source - Overdrive Sept 05'.

So, unless every Optra 1.6 averages 17.6 kmpl on the highway, the FE claims are highly overhyped.

And what about that Octy 1.9 advert. 190kmph drive and 19kmpl!! Rtech, do u seriously believe that your car is capable of 19kmpl if driven at 190kmph?

Every car sold here, has something thats overhyped. If you wanna talk about something, talk about real problems.

Shan2nu

honda city is supposed to give more that 22kmpl according to that same mag.

a skoda RS is supposed to give more than 16kmpl according to that same mag.

I dunno how it cant get the same FE out of a palio?

My friend all cars have their ups and downs. I dont see any palio owner complaining here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
And we also know that you'l never buy a Honda. LOL

So, it kinda gets balanced. Hehe

Isn't that what everybody says? "If you're buying a Honda, buy it with you eyes closed". Thats the name of the game.

Nobody here, is unhappy with his Honda. Maybe the FE is overhyped, maybe it's overpriced but, people do buy them.

If you're not a Honda owner, y be bothered in the first place? If anything does go wrong with the company (Like that's gonna happen), we're the ones who'l suffer. Until then, let us enjoy our cars.

Shan2nu
Sorry to prove you wrong but I am not a mitsu fan my friend. my other cars is a maruti. My next car would most probably not be a mitsubishi or a maruti or a fiat because I like to experiment with new cars and companies.

I will buy a honda too. Who said I wont? I will buy a honda the day it is priced on par with the competition.

So that doesnt even out

even a alto and matiz and cielo owner loves his car. Nobody is ever unhappy with their car(barring the unusual cases). So what's so great about the NHC?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd December 2005 at 12:32.
Old 23rd December 2005, 13:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I will buy a honda too. Who said I wont? I will buy a honda the day it is priced on par with the competition.
Now, I would definitely like to see that happen. Another Honda convert

As far as Honda is concerned, they dont consider other manufacturers as much competition, as they are selling close to 3-4k NHC a month.
Their closest competitor would be the Accent, which sells as much. Or the Indigo, which comes in third.

Baleno, Lancer, Optra, Petra, Elantra dont even come remotely close to these figures - so why should Honda consider them any competition. In the Indian car market, they fill in the small gaps created by the above three.
Old 23rd December 2005, 14:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
As far as Honda is concerned, they dont consider other manufacturers as much competition, as they are selling close to 3-4k NHC a month.
Their closest competitor would be the Accent, which sells as much. Or the Indigo, which comes in third.
Wait Sir! NHC doesn't sell more than Accent and Indigo. In fact, both consistently sell more than NHC. Another close one to NHC is Esteem.
Old 23rd December 2005, 14:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Wait Sir! NHC doesn't sell more than Accent and Indigo. In fact, both consistently sell more than NHC. Another close one to NHC is Esteem.
That was true as of last year.
However, the situation may have changed as of late.

Check out this years 1st quarter sales figures by SIAM at the below link.
http://www.cybersteering.com/pulmain...News050701.rtf
Old 23rd December 2005, 16:01   #70
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
honda has had discounts on its cars too. OHC was going for 50k off plus accessories when it was being discountinued in 2003.
its because they launched NHC in Q4 2003 hence they wanted to roll out OHC left units. Its common sense nobody will buy Old model of the car if they know that its new model is coming next month. If you want to provide facts please back them with situation.

cheers !!
Old 24th December 2005, 05:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
its because they launched NHC in Q4 2003 hence they wanted to roll out OHC left units. Its common sense nobody will buy Old model of the car if they know that its new model is coming next month. If you want to provide facts please back them with situation.

cheers !!

want discoutns on the current city? visit your local dealer, take a test drive and then after a week tell him you are going for another car. a minimum of 10k-20k i what I assume. If you cannot get that done than I must say that you should take someone with you whenever you buy your next car.

I didnt get any discounts on my lancer in 2003 though I got all the upgrades free.

THere is no maunfacturer out there (honda,toyota,mitsubishi,maruti,chevrolet,fiat or any other manufacturer) who wont give discounts.

Quote:
Now, I would definitely like to see that happen. Another Honda convert

Baleno, Lancer, Optra, Petra, Elantra dont even come remotely close to these figures - so why should Honda consider them any competition. In the Indian car market, they fill in the small gaps created by the above three.
FYI I am not going to convert into a fan of any brand. I dont like Honda now. But I will buy a honda if it suits me. I dont like a nokia but I will buy a nokia if its a good product and suits me. Being a fan limits the choice and suitability.

For my next car I am looking at

skoda RS
tata safari DICOR
Chevrolet Forester
ford mondeo.

Now that shows that I am not a fan of any car.
Old 26th December 2005, 00:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was true as of last year.
However, the situation may have changed as of late.

Check out this years 1st quarter sales figures by SIAM at the below link.
http://www.cybersteering.com/pulmain...News050701.rtf
Last time I checked, it was updated till November 05. It still showed City at 3rd place. Top 2 slots retained by Accent and Indigo/Marina. In fact, it shows City sales dropped from 3000+ to 1750 in November (It says may be due to ZX version).
Old 26th December 2005, 09:55   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why are we comparing sales figures of the NHC to the Accent / Indigo? They are entirely different segments.

GTO
Old 26th December 2005, 23:50   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

this thread has become more of a warfield rather than just a discussion thread.members are noting points as if journalists are keeping a track of politicians.
Old 28th December 2005, 00:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
this thread has become more of a warfield rather than just a discussion thread.members are noting points as if journalists are keeping a track of politicians.

there are always two sides of a coin and always a supporter and rejector of a discussion. but while two people oppose on one thread they support each other on the other thread. Not to worry.

while there is not always a productive outcome the person gets his answer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks