Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:54   #31
BHPian

Any one having break up of petrol & diesel among these 101 BMWs?
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:01   #32
BHPian

Are they withdrawing all money from Swiss Banks? Or lots of new black money,which need to be converted before someone else take it up?

Anyway,its a great deal for merc and BMW.

One of my friend told me that,the earlier Merc deal didn't go 100% smooth.Many of them got cancelled and hence merc increased (reduced discounts for rest) the price. Anyone with more info?

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 23rd November 2010 at 11:02.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I think I should open a Fuel Station in Aurangabad!!
Dude,

+1 to that dude. Also a multi brand state of the art service centre is a good business proposal for Aurangabad

Aurangabad is truly shinning. first mercs and now BMW's. Whats next? AUDI's?

Good Going.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Any one having break up of petrol & diesel among these 101 BMWs?
I would assume more than 95% of the cars to be diesel. If at all there are any M's and the Z4 , those would account for a % minority.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I would assume more than 95% of the cars to be diesel. If at all there are any M's and the Z4 , those would account for a % minority.

Thats for sure, most of them would be Diesel.
For the segment wise break up we'll probably have to wait few weeks.
Ofcourse there should be couple of Z4s, as there are few SLK, CLK already on the streets of Aurangabad.
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:19   #36
BHPian

Reality Booms.

I read it somewhere that after the merc deal, the reality prices in Aurangabad had shot up by quite a bit. This is because of the sudden spurt of attention the town is gathering. People have a sense of well being in town and overall sentiment in the industry goes up. Thus the renewed interests in properties and more money gets pumped up in the reality sector. The interest is not only generated from within town but outstations and out country as well. NRI relatives suddenly call up and start enquiring about parking their spare funds which give them no yield if kept in foreign banks. So returns like 15-20% per annum also sounds good to them.
So overall these kind of deals become a kind of attention grabbers to the sections of the industry which can profit from the renewed interests in their respective fields or businesses. I would'nt be surprised if 40% of the buyers are from the reality sector.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:53   #37
BHPian

What i find truly amusing is that audis are assembled in aurangabad just imagine what the audi bosses must be thinking.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Jalna, a small town about 65kms from Aurangabad is actually the largest trading market for steel in all of Maharashtra. Its not mining or smelting, its just trading. You gotta go there to see the kinda bunglows a lot of folks have. Aurangabad is their natural choice to stay since it gives a city atmosphere with lots of these folks now wanting to get away to better infrastructure.
I'm not surprised that 200 cars were booked since there is a rich Marwari trading community in this belt. What caught me by surprise is the bulk booking split right in the middle across two of the greatest rival brands!
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:42   #39
BHPian

GREAT MARKETING FOR THESE RIVALS. And still surprised how did all these money came out of tijori. White or Black, best way to put your town on business map.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:01   #40
BHPian

i dont understand , what on earth makes these people feel the aurangabad is so backward?
see our our airport here and your eyes will pop out ! pune's airport feels like a junk infront of it , come and see the newly opened prozone mall . 10 lk sq. feets of fully AC shopping mall plus daily 4 flights to mumbai which you to book advance 7 days at least to get the bookings and a direct flight to delhi.
audi, skoda VW;s premium models , greaves, bajaj two wheelers and mainly lots of small scale industries which even supply to BMW;s motor division the spareparts . proprty rates exponential !!! what else you want ?
Old 24th November 2010, 17:00   #41
BHPian

According to an article published in today's Mumbai edition of Times Of India, here is what Mr.Pankaj Advani, a businessman from Aurangabad who encouraged others to buy the BMW's has to say, "We never went into a deal not because that we would have earned the discounts, but also to put Aurangabad on the international map. We want to show the world that Aurangabad is no more backward but ahead of metros. In all 101 cars have been booked with Bawaria Motors, Pune on Saturday which includes 50-60 3-Series cars, 15 5-Series cars, 10 X5's & 3 X6's. We will be getting the delivery in January"
(Now we all would like to see these Mercs & Beemers revving on the streets of Aurangabad & doing some kind of show down the streets )
Attached Thumbnails
101 BMWs booked in one day in Aurangabad-dsc04386.jpg  

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 24th November 2010 at 17:02.
Old 25th November 2010, 08:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
What i find truly amusing is that audis are assembled in aurangabad just imagine what the audi bosses must be thinking.
True. I think they might now be willing to come up with any bumper offer to sell at least 50 Audis in a day in Aurangabad. These guys are just taking too long to establish themselves firmly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
i dont understand , what on earth makes these people feel the aurangabad is so backward?
see our our airport here and your eyes will pop out ! pune's airport feels like a junk infront of it , come and see the newly opened prozone mall . 10 lk sq. feets of fully AC shopping mall plus daily 4 flights to mumbai which you to book advance 7 days at least to get the bookings and a direct flight to delhi.
audi, skoda VW;s premium models , greaves, bajaj two wheelers and mainly lots of small scale industries which even supply to BMW;s motor division the spareparts . proprty rates exponential !!! what else you want ?
No one said Aurangabad is backward man. Everyone is infact surprised that such a quiet city is suddenly experiencing boom and coming to everyone's notice with people there clearly having good tastes. Relax
Old 25th November 2010, 08:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

As per todays newspaper reports, there has been no booking of 100+ BMW's and this has been clarified by the dealer Bawaria Motors. The whole things was probably a marketing gimmick & must have been floated by BMW guys only.

I have attached the paper article which appeared in todays Times of India, Mumbai.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TOI.pdf (923.8 KB, 556 views)
Old 26th November 2010, 11:20   #44
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
BTW, Aurangabad is very well known for Ajanta and Ellora, the historic City
also the Devgiri Fort infact was once the capital for Moghul empire this city has come a long way. its the major industrial township in India, once the fastest growing city in Asia is trying to keep the pace for the same now, the city is well known for Automobile industry due to Skoda, Bajaj, Renault-Nissan-Bajaj small car manufacturing plant, Varroc, Endurance, Greaves-Lambordini-Kohler,NRB, and hundreds of Automobile Vendors.

The 101 BMW deal also shows the maturity of the peoples of Aurangabad, as many left out buyers from the Mercedes deal were in thought of other options then Merc, which shows that the deal and the numbers was'nt just because the buyers had the amount and all blindly followed to just raise the number. the BMW buyers though following the same route for the deal, headed by Mr. Pankaj Agrawal is also looking for the ones who are relatives to locals, located outside city and have the potential for the same.
As of today, according to the SAKAL daily informed by Pankaj Agrawal, now has 81 confirmed booking in hand all from Aurangabad, except 3 from Jalgaon and Dhule, and around 20 -25 peoples booking it within weeks time. The State Bank of India is providing the loan facility with loan for 90% of on-road cost at attractive low rate of interest with 7 years of tenure.
The actual deliveries i think will take place in Feb or march 2011, cause there are number of individual who wants X1, which is expected in Jan 11.

AURANGABAD Jai Ho.
Aurangabad has been a industrial town for the last three decades.
Its also a agricultural hub read sugar belt ,its also a big trading centre and yes people do have a lot of money .This city is the capital of Marathwada and paithan dam has done wonders for this city which was looming under draught conditions pre 1975.Much credit should be given to shankarrao Chavan for the development of the the city.

can any one pls guide as to how these groups are formed and how this thing works.Is it a dealer initiative or an individual like Mr Agarwal has brought all the customers together?
By the way I can get the Ph no of Mr Agarwal who is a close friend of my contact in Aurangabad.

Cheers
naj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks