Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like swift is having a bunch of issue off late ! I am seeing issues mentioned in this + oil level issues and so on ! Whats wrong?

At least now you know how to make things happen if something wrong happens with your car ! Make sure that you run a proper water test in the service center once this is fixed.
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Was there a Maruti PDI sticker on the glass ?

Sometimes the windshield gets cracked during transit and dealers change them at their end.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:44   #18
BHPian

Irrespective of car manufacture every customer has the same right towards these issues and customer service. Escalate till you get the due attention, Per warranty this should have been treated urgently by dealer or Maruti, coz seeping water could further damage electricals, which I am sure they wouldn't replace if something goes wrong there. And obviously you can't avoid rain in Bangalore this time of the year and never know when it would pour. Get the entire windshiled replaced as part of warranty, do insist on that instead of juggaad fixes using some sealants or something.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:56   #19
BHPian

UPDATE: They picked the car from my office this morning. But till an hour back they say they are not able to reproduce the leak!!! Strange, very strange! They are saying they washed the car twice but no leak. now I realize the mistake of not taking snaps :(

@kpzen: I couldnt find a PDI sticker on the glass. Glass has only 2 stickers, one is PUC, other is the Maruti toll free no.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

On a related note, my friend in the US bought a brand new Subaru sedan - he actually wanted something European, but went for Japanese for quality - and the car was leaking through the windshield. Of course, he was shocked!

What I'm trying to say: It happens! Nowadays even Toyota is supposedly not that good on quality. I'm not saying this is right on the part of Maruti, but putting your car in front of the regional office *might* end up with it at the police station, which I'm sure you don't want. Of course, if it goes legal then you may have a strong case, but the car may rust while the case is going on - and who knows, justice may or may not be meted out at the end.

So my suggestion is: Just explain the problem to the service manager, escalate, but don't do anything in a hurry like blocking the office or something.

Maybe you can approach the car magazines like Autocar India or Overdrive to increase awareness of this. I know some of the magazines have a column wherein the magazine folks themselves intervene and use their contacts with the manufacturer to try to get it fixed.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 25th November 2010 at 13:17.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
On a related note, my friend in the US bought a brand new Subaru sedan - he actually wanted something European, but went for Japanese for quality - and the car was leaking through the windshield. Of course, he was shocked!

What I'm trying to say: It happens! Nowadays even Toyota is supposedly not that good on quality. I'm not saying this is right on the part of Maruti, but putting your car in front of the regional office *might* end up with it at the police station, which I'm sure you don't want. Of course, if it goes legal then you may have a strong case, but the car may rust while the case is going on - and who knows, justice may or may not be meted out at the end.

So my suggestion is: Just explain the problem to the service manager, escalate, but don't do anything in a hurry like blocking the office or something.

Maybe you can approach the car magazines like Autocar India or Overdrive to increase awareness of this. I know some of the magazines have a column wherein the magazine folks themselves intervene and use their contacts with the manufacturer to try to get it fixed.
As of now anyways the telecon with the All India Service head did work out. The dealer has apologised on the first part. secondly picked up my car from office, thirdly giving me constant updates, finally taking an extra day to monitor the car after 'fixing' the leak.

Only concern is that I hope they haven't fixed the leak using Dr.Fixit or feviquick!
Old 10th December 2010, 22:24   #22
BHPian

Re: New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!

And then , THE LEAK RETURNS!

I was so so engaged in work last 2 weeks that i just couldn't check the leak in car again. neither did it rain much in blore. Today I just sprayed some water with force all over the car and alas! Its still leaking. I donno *** they did in the service center last time! For around 4 hrs they updated me saying they couldnt reproduce the issue even with 'high pressure' water spray. And here just a normal water hose and it leaked.

So guys its war time again. Please suggest.

Option a) Go to RNS Motors tomo morning. Start abusing right from the Supervisor to Manager. Make a scene in their reception , hault sales. Iam veyr much into such fights.

Option b) Barge into Maruti Bangalore Regional Office do similar stuff.

Option c) Work out proceeding with Consumer court

Option d) Again raise complaint with Maruti through normal channel.

Iam so so irritated and sick of Maruti by now, I wonder what Ill do tomorrow.

Please look at the photos attached (Taken in my iPhone 3G, quality lacks, sorry). Please note that the leak occured with just 1 min of water spray on top of the car. Imagine what happens in rain.

Old 10th December 2010, 23:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!

Your car windscreen leaks like crazy and you wait for a week before taking it to the service station. In the meantime you call them asking for a pickup and come and make threatening noises on TBHP. Why exactly?

Edit: just saw your update. After all that fuss, you waited *two weeks* to test for the leak? Am seriously wondering whether you actually love your car as much as you claim now.

Last edited by noopster : 10th December 2010 at 23:22.
Old 10th December 2010, 23:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Your car windscreen leaks like crazy and you wait for a week before taking it to the service station. In the meantime you call them asking for a pickup and come and make threatening noises on TBHP. Why exactly?
Because I was like working 24/7 those days due to a tight project at office. I dint have time to move. But really expected the so called Maruti-All-time-great-service-network would help me in time, IT DID NOT.

And after spending 6 lakhs on a car, would you be calm when something happens to your car? Moroever when there is no response from dealer or maruti themselves. I never wanted them to pick my car initially but then I never got even a call from them. That is when I went bezzerk, posted on team-bhp, called up regional head maruti, called up delhi main office, connected to all india head etc and fired and abused all of them. Quite fair i guess? I hope this answers your question.

And now, after that possible repair, when it leaks again how should I react?
Old 10th December 2010, 23:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Just go back, calmly explain what happened, insist on knowing the details of their repair strategy, oversee it if possible and *test* for leaks before accepting delivery. All those histrionics you threaten don't help anybody and you'll end up only demeaning yourself. Trust me, have been there done that.
Old 10th December 2010, 23:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Edit: just saw your update. After all that fuss, you waited *two weeks* to test for the leak? Am seriously wondering whether you actually love your car as much as you claim now.
No man actually after so much of hallah I trusted Maruti afterall. I trusted them to fix it. When dealer said they tested in high pressure jet too, I was convinced. And it never rained in blore after that too. And again, same dude, I am still too too busy with office work, something like i get back at 11pm,work even on sat sun for last 3-4 weeks now. So obviously where do i have time! Even tomo is working, but taking leave for this.

Today after long i came back home early by around 7pm and since car was full of dust, I tried to spray some water all over, having not washed for 2 weeks. Just then went inside and noted this leak.

Its just lack of time and nothing else. I do love my car and I love the Swift performance as such minus the niggles and rattling. Please dont say i dont love my swift, i still do despite the issues!

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 10th December 2010 at 23:54.
Old 12th December 2010, 23:12   #27
BHPian

UPDATE: I called up MS Regional Manager yesterday. I spoke with him very seriously about the way things are unfolding with MSIL and that I was completely pissed off buying this car. And also I told him that the only reason I dint go for Vista/Punto was bcoz of 'their' service and here I am getting a real worse experience with the so called market leader, Maruti.

Later he spoke with my dealer RNS motors. And immediately a sweet lady manager called up from RNS and tried to calm me down. But I did tell her that 'this' trick wont work out on me!!! And that if this time it is not rectified I wont be so polite even to a woman!

Since they dint have standby car yest, they came today with another swift zxi and took my car from home. I have specifically asked them to replace/refit the glass after removing and not to do any 'sealant' sort of thing. I said this is their last chance to make amends, and if again it leaks, then I would move to court and ask for car replacement from MSIL. I mentioned that to the regional manager too and that is when he said he will personally inspect the car and so will need 2-3 days time.
Old 12th December 2010, 23:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hope you are getting a new JOB CARD made every time you are giving the car to RNS. If not then demand for one, even if its done on FOC basis.
Get the issue recorded in system. Facts and figures are imp. while escalating the issue, if required.

Last edited by kpzen : 12th December 2010 at 23:31.
Old 12th December 2010, 23:30   #29
BHPian

Sad to hear this story and I have heard similar situation twice though not with Swift. Below are the culprits identified in both scenario.

Matiz - Centrally mounted roof antenna, water leak through that bolt which was used to fix it.
Corolla - Water leak from the windshield junction at the top right corner, culprit was the adhesive or glue or paste which is used to stick the rubbers. The entire rubber was removed and it was pasted back and the problem got sorted out.

Major reason for water leak through Windshield:
Wear and tear of the rubber
Any heavy object falling(say coconut) at the junction of rubber and car body.

Last edited by camchennai : 12th December 2010 at 23:31. Reason: Typo error
Old 13th December 2010, 13:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hope you are getting a new JOB CARD made every time you are giving the car to RNS. If not then demand for one, even if its done on FOC basis.
Get the issue recorded in system. Facts and figures are imp. while escalating the issue, if required.
+1 to that. MASS has a habit of not issuing Job card if you go back to them for a repeated issue. I had to request many times to get a job card issued when the car was left with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks