Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 15:03   #31
BHPian

Re: New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!

My issue is getting worse by the day. Dealer still saying he cant trace the leak. I was in touch with a Regional head in Blore office, he is now out of station. And the receptionist says there is not a single person in that office he can talk to me on this.
So next I called up delhi service number. No one is picking up!!!

So so strange.

So if anyone could provide some key numbers of maruti I would be more than greatful. Head office someone on top.

please please please.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:32   #32
BHPian

Re: New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!

Hello Sam,

As suggested by many already, and as difficult as it may be, please go to the service center personally. Offer them to replicate the leak yourself as you had done at home. Try and be calm and work with them to identify the problem. In my experience, a high pressure approach will not work well in this situation. While I 100% agree that you have spent a good sum of money and should not have to go through this, you would also agree that a QC exists in everything that is manufactured or for that matter even coded in a software program and there may be outliers sometimes. I am sure this will get resolved very soon. Keep updating us.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:52   #33
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

If one Service Center is not able to fix, why not try another M.A.S.S ? Probably MSM
Old 13th December 2010, 19:24   #34
BHPian

For more clarity for everyone (ON WHY IAM PISSED OFF) here is the email I sent to Maruti 'heads' this evening :-

Quote:
Hi Mr.Narula,

Sub: Unresolved, Recurring water leak problem with my Swift LDi and SEVERE CUSTOMER CARE ISSUES

Vehicle Details:-

KA-51-MA-xxxx (Swift LDi)
Purchase date : 23/7/10
Dealer: RNS Motors, Bommanahalli, Bangalore

I have a couple of Major issues to bring to your notice right from the issue I faced in my car to the customer interaction with Maruti.

Please find the details below:-

1) 16/11/10 - I find that my car has a peculiar front windscreen water leak (Very severe during the rain).

2) 17/11/10 - Since I felt this is a manufacturing defect, I thought I would take it up with Maruti directly. So I contacted the Toll Free number (1800-1800-180) and the complaint number being 2215792853 (still not resolved).

3) 19/11/10 - Since there was no response I called up Bangalore regional office @ 08041120017 and spoke to Mr.Dinesh.

Meanwhile I talked to my dealer and had an altercation wherein the dealer was not ready to pick up my car from office saying its not a service issue! He clearly said, if it was a service issue he would have picked the car. In fact I was too busy those days and couldn't get time to take my car to the dealer either and it was raining quite heavily in Blore.

4) By 24/11/10 I lost all my cool since till then NOT A SINGLE CALL WAS RECEIVED FROM MARUTI. In the last whole week I had send multiple emails to contact@maruti.co.in as well with no avail. I dialled head office number @01242340106 and got in touch with Mr.Mathew.
Following his intervention, one Mr.Thyagarajan called from Bangalore Regional office and the car was picked from my office (by RNS Motors) on 24/11 and returned in two days with an assurance that the leak is fixed. The funny part is that throughout the whole of first day at service center they were not able to reproduce the issue!

5) 10/12/10 I happened to wash my car after a long gap of 2 weeks. Sorry about not checking the leak because I trusted Maruti to fix it, neither did it rain again in Blore, nor I had time to check. Anyways, alas! the leak was back with just 1 min of watering the top of my windscreen using my domestic water hose.

6) 11/12/10 Got in touch with Mr.Thyagarajan and told him about the recurring leak. I did insist on removing the glass and refixing it to who ever I had spoken to in the first repair effort. So this time again I requested them to do the same.

7) 12/12/10 Since a replacement car was not available on Saturday, RNS took the car from my home only on 12/12/10. Meanwhile I had taken pictures of the leak as part of my personal testing. In fact I also showed the leak 'live' to the driver who picked my car Mr.Basheer (RNS Motors). I had watered the car just moments before he reached. So by now twice I reproduced the issue.

8) 13/12/10 By noon, RNS Motors call up and tell me that they cant reproduce the leak even with a high pressure pump. Strange, but true! I thought I would have a word with Mr.Thyagarajan so I called up Bangalore Regional Office and to my shock there was NOT A SINGLE PERSON from the service department to answer my query. I have an audio recording which I had with the receptionist on the same wherein she says clearly "at that point of time there is absolutely no one at Bangalore regional office from the service department to speak to me". The call was made at 3:45pm. SO I called up Head Office @01242340106 and to my dismay no one is picking up my call at all!

Finally Mr.Thyagarajan called up a 4:45pm and had a very heated debate over the whole issue. He told me the same thing that they are not able to reproduce the leak and I HAD TO SHOW IT TO THEM. I told him very clearly that when I have photographs and when I have shown the driver the exact leak, why do I need to prove that again. I also asked if it is not his teams inability or lack of expertise which is causing the issue. So very politely I told him that if he gives in writing that his team is incapable technically, then I can show the leak to them on which his tone changed and showed a more arrogant manner of talk. Keep in mind I was so pissed of with trying to contact Maruti since noon and then someone says I have to show the leak to them, I really feel defeated.

I really don't know why they can't find the leak at the first place and secondly not believe my words or the pics which I have of the leak and just replace the beeding and refix the glass. Its simple arrogance in the showing from Maruti.

Iam totally unsatisfied with my experience with MSIL. I did not go for the Polo/Punto just because of the trust I had on Maruti which is no more...

Note: Please DO NOT send me feedback forms ANYMORE from MSIL in future since all of them will be replied with 0 off 10 rating and this is the last time I have taken a car from Maruti and would never ever suggest a Maruti car to anyone I know.

(Please find the photos attached which I took on 10/12/10. Also find some of the mail trail below.)

Regards,

Sam
Old 13th December 2010, 20:05   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Hello Sam,

As suggested by many already, and as difficult as it may be, please go to the service center personally. Offer them to replicate the leak yourself as you had done at home. Try and be calm and work with them to identify the problem. In my experience, a high pressure approach will not work well in this situation. While I 100% agree that you have spent a good sum of money and should not have to go through this, you would also agree that a QC exists in everything that is manufactured or for that matter even coded in a software program and there may be outliers sometimes. I am sure this will get resolved very soon. Keep updating us.
+1 to this - Please go to the service center personally ! This is your car - your money. So no one will be as serious as you to get this sorted out ! Also you may not be able to blame them for not able to replicate the issue - there could be different factors. Since you know precisely where the issue is happening, please go there and show them how do you see the leak.

Again, shouting at them may resolve your temporary problem, but isnt it better to solve the issue amicably so that you have a long term relationship with them ?!
Old 13th December 2010, 20:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam,

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending RNS nor do I have a soft spot to MASS. They provide a service for a fee, and if that service is inadequate, I will certainly complain. But frankly, am not getting why you so averse to planning some time with the closest MASS (does *not* have to be RNS, with whom you seem to have burned bridges), reporting the fault patiently, standing by as it is replicated (if it so sever a leak as you describe, surely no technical manager in his senses would deny it existed!) and after the act, testing it personally on site before taking home your car in perfectly repaired state?

I find it frustrating and a little silly that you would go out of your way to prove that a leak *existed* using photographs and what have you, while not addressing the primary fact that the person is unable to reproduce it physically. Look at it from his perspective: how does he repair a fault that he cannot replicate?

By the way, how difficult is it anyway to reproduce a windshield leak? Just hose down the front of the car from different angles and make the guy sit inside!
Old 13th December 2010, 20:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
+1 to this - Please go to the service center personally ! This is your car - your money. So no one will be as serious as you to get this sorted out ! Also you may not be able to blame them for not able to replicate the issue - there could be different factors. Since you know precisely where the issue is happening, please go there and show them how do you see the leak.

Again, shouting at them may resolve your temporary problem, but isnt it better to solve the issue amicably so that you have a long term relationship with them ?!
Agree to your point and by now iam ready for that. But then who will take a call for all the trauma I have and I am going through. If I had to settle with RNS motors, the dealer, I could have done it long back. This is my fight with Maruti. They just cant be too arrogant and irresponsible. I need to teach them a lession, especially the arrogant (in talks) Regional Manager who had promised me that he will personally inspect the car today but he flew to Delhi for a week long training!

Also keep in mind I had shown the RNS driver (who picked my car from home) 'live' water leak. Atleast can't they trust that and the leak photos (which I have posted in team-bhp.com earlier).

And lastly, it quite a well known fact that for such a leak the primary and the final thing is to remove the glass and refix with new glue, WHICH maruti is not ready to untill another experiment of 'sealant' with my car which I have totally opposed. I told them, its not the first time, this is the SECOND time damn it.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sam,

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending RNS nor do I have a soft spot to MASS. They provide a service for a fee, and if that service is inadequate, I will certainly complain. But frankly, am not getting why you so averse to planning some time with the closest MASS (does *not* have to be RNS, with whom you seem to have burned bridges), reporting the fault patiently, standing by as it is replicated (if it so sever a leak as you describe, surely no technical manager in his senses would deny it existed!) and after the act, testing it personally on site before taking home your car in perfectly repaired state?

I find it frustrating and a little silly that you would go out of your way to prove that a leak *existed* using photographs and what have you, while not addressing the primary fact that the person is unable to reproduce it physically. Look at it from his perspective: how does he repair a fault that he cannot replicate?

By the way, how difficult is it anyway to reproduce a windshield leak? Just hose down the front of the car from different angles and make the guy sit inside!
Please don't forget that there is a bigger question out there .. I also want to know WHY MY CAR LEAKED. What if it met with an accident while in transit, minor or major? For the sole reason only I got in touch with Maruti directly and not begged in front of RNS to rectify the issue. So that I can have a fair inquiry into why this happened. How on earth can I trust my dealer on that? Some yrs down the lane I don't wanna get shocked when someone says this car has met with an accident!

Its my money and I have the right to inquire through proper channels, i.e via Maruti and Maruti only, not RNS. I cant go to the nearest Koramangala Police Station and ask them to put up an inquiry on why it leaked!!! So only I have always kept Maruti in the loop and not let RNS deal with me directly.

As such I dont have any problem with RNS. I agree to their inability to reproduce the issue, can happen. But Iam NOT getting the required response or care from Maruti which is otherwise hailed as the no.1 in India as far as A.S.S is concerned. Haven't you gone through the chronology of events unfolding in my ordeal?

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 13th December 2010 at 20:48.
Old 13th December 2010, 21:48   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ OK you seem created a clear distiction in your mind between Maruti the corporate entity and Maruti's authorised service centres and now you will accept a solution *only* from the former and discount what the latter does. Like you say, it's your money, and I wish you all the best in your endeavours.
Old 13th December 2010, 22:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ OK you seem created a clear distiction in your mind between Maruti the corporate entity and Maruti's authorised service centres and now you will accept a solution *only* from the former and discount what the latter does. Like you say, it's your money, and I wish you all the best in your endeavours.
Absolutely spot on noopster. So as my FB status says .. Iam at war with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.

And guys this is my 200th post in team-bhp.com
Old 14th December 2010, 11:42   #41
BHPian

UPDATE: Morning 8am two people came from RNS with the car to my home. One of them started saying "sir we have tried with 'high' pressure jets for 2 days so there's no chance of a leak!"
I told him, "wait boss, I'll show you". I took the garden water hose, sprayed water over the top of the car and windscreen for 30 secs and then asked him to come inside and see ..

Oh ma god, you people had to see the embarrassment on his face! In 30 secs I showed him the leak which they couldn't trace for 2 full days!

AWESOME (IRONICALLY) is the word. Though I didn't feel like telling anything worse to him looking at his expression (moreover he was over 40 yrs old. so i had to maintain the respect). I just told him one thing -> please DO NOT put sealant and give it back, and 'requested' him to refix the glass with a new set of beeding/glue. On which he nodded.

Meanwhile Not a single call from Maruti till now or the dealer till now.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sam - thats tough spot to be in. Amazing that Maruti who proudly proclaims "customer service" can stoop to these levels. On top of that filing to accept it, and even refusing to act upon customer complaints.

I have forwarded this link to my internal company mailer. Will try to raise as much visibility to this thread so Maruti cant ignore it.

Good luck - and hope it gets fixed soon!
Old 14th December 2010, 12:40   #43
BHPian

UPDATE:
12:30pm
NOT A SINGLE CALL FROM MARUTI (for that matter not even the DEALER)

I am really shocked with this. Can someone please confirm the validity of the email id's which I had mailed to, yest evening. You may please provide me with some id's too.

This is the list:-
Quote:
topnarula@maruti.co.in,
pankaj.narula@maruti.co.in,
pankajnarula@maruti.co.in
ccATM Queue <contact@maruti.co.in>,
crm@maruti.co.in,
customerservice@maruti.co.in,
sales@maruti.co.in,
feedback@maruti.co.in,
nitish.kaul@maruti.co.in,
singh.gurpreet@maruti.co.in,
punit.chadha@maruti.co.in,
SatinderSingh.Bajwa@maruti.co.in,
Manohar.Bhat@maruti.co.in,
Shashank.Srivastava@maruti.co.in,
pdhawan@maruti.co.in,
Ns.rao@maruti.co.in,
jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in,
Deepak.Sawkar@maruti.co.in,
shinzonakanishi@maruti.co.in,
shinzo.nakanishi@maruti.co.in

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 14th December 2010 at 12:51.
Old 14th December 2010, 15:08   #44
BHPian

Why don't you approach any auto magazine, they may be able to give you the right contacts and as well run a story on the real issue.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:21   #45
BHPian

UPDATE: 4pm

Its almost 24 hours since I sent that email mentioned above. Still no call from Maruti. Now that team-bhp members also cant do much in helping me find email id's of Maruti top brass, I think its all upto consumer court now.

Anyone has prior experience atleast with lodging a complaint with Consumer Court?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks