Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:49   #1
BHPian

New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!!

When even Tata (read Vista, Nano) and most others are building on the quality standards can we see a Maruti coming of age in the wrong direction !!! The demand for Maruti is so big that they dont consider it too seriously about the quality aspects related to a car be it the build quality or features offered.

My Swift just 4 months old and 9000 odd kms, has started leaking SEVERELY from the front windscreen during the rains. It is as if water flows both on the outside and INSIDE. Strange, but unfortunately its true. This has been there from the start probably but I noted it just a week back. I cant believe how water can seep through a company fitted glass!!! Either someone has changed it or it is some severe quality issue. Havent seen such a thing in the last 15 years even in 1970 model Fiat!!!

So going forward I raised the issue with the Maruti Toll free number on 17/11/10. (Hope you know last one week in Blore it was raining heavily.) This was followed by a call to Dealer, couple of emails, Calls to Blore regional office etc. But still haven't received a single call from Maruti or the Dealer (RNS Motors, Bommanahalli, Blore) in the last one week! Rare with Maruti, but still true.

Due to the work load, I was not in a position to take the car to the dealer so I politely requested a pickup. Dealer responded saying that since it is not a service issue, so they cant offer a pickup and I HAVE to bring the car personally. Wierd, but again true.

The salesman whom I had talked to all the while, who was otherwise good till now, I have him a last warning about the consequence of not picking up my car. He said his manager wouldn't agree!!

Since calling regional office blore was also not fruitful I straight dialled the Head office number in New Delhi and got the number of All India Cust divisions head. And I have taken all my frustrations upon him and additionally told him that this is going into team-bhp.com. I also told him the kind of embarrassment I faced when water leaked inside when I had my friends inside who owned vista and manza to whom I had boasted of Maruti's quality and A.S.S

I know a petty service related issue is not the one to be posted on a team-bhp forum like this but this is to let everyone in team-bhp know that Maruti has quality issues, plus the service issues. Iam having a hell lot of rattling in my swift as well. This day I feel stupid enough not to buy the Polo. Performance wise, yes theres nothing in India quite like a Swift but performance is not the ultimate thing.

If I dont get a response again from Maruti I have decided to dump my car right front of the Maruti regional office gate in 2 days.

Any inputs guys? Need help.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 23rd November 2010 at 14:51.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:57   #2
BHPian

Dude some pics might help to examine the issue. Anyways, one of my friend had a similar kinda problem with his Vista but the dealer replaced the glass free of cost.

P.S - Dont be so detrimental about Tata - Fiat man . They're improving multifolds.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Sam, the fact that they aren't picking up the car can't really be held against them, IMHO. As for the original issue mentioned, check the sealant around the glass, possibly some gap which isnt sealed properly.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sam, the fact that they aren't picking up the car can't really be held against them, IMHO. As for the original issue mentioned, check the sealant around the glass, possibly some gap which isnt sealed properly.
I totally disagree with you. If I have taken my car from them they are supposed to do this right? And moreover supervisor did tell me that had it been a service issue they would have picked. And what about the lack of response from Maruti for a full one week?

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 23rd November 2010 at 15:14.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:23   #5
BHPian

Sorry to hear about it Sam. But I have seen exactly same issue in another Swift at Team-Bhp itself. He also had same issue that popped up in few months of purchase. Some water drops on Dashboard after rain, but your sounds really bad. The fix was simple for our fellow bhpian. They simply took out the glass and re-pasted it.

But strangely, lack of response is definitely a good thing for Maruti who gets stars for A.S.S. - With that said, do be patient. It can be fixed easily.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Sorry to hear about it Sam. But I have seen exactly same issue in another Swift at Team-Bhp itself. He also had same issue that popped up in few months of purchase. Some water drops on Dashboard after rain, but your sounds really bad. The fix was simple for our fellow bhpian. They simply took out the glass and re-pasted it.

But strangely, lack of response is definitely a good thing for Maruti who gets stars for A.S.S. - With that said, do be patient. It can be fixed easily.
6 Lakhs of money involved and 6 days of ignorance, I cant really be patient. Two more days and the car is gonna block the Bangalore regional office entrance gate with due pictures posted in team-bhp.com
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

You sure water is seeping in through a gap coz of windscreen fixing?

I had similar issue but water was not seeping in from the windscreen gap but from a junction near windscreen.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
So going forward I raised the issue with the Maruti Toll free number on 17/11/10. (Hope you know last one week in Blore it was raining heavily.) This was followed by a call to Dealer, couple of emails, Calls to Blore regional office etc. But still haven't received a single call from Maruti or the Dealer (RNS Motors, Bommanahalli, Blore) in the last one week! Rare with Maruti, but still true.
Kindly take the first step of getting the car inspected in an authorized service center.

May I know what were you expecting Maruti to do when you called up?

I agree that lack of response is a bad thing.

Quote:
The salesman whom I had talked to all the while, who was otherwise good till now, I have him a last warning about the consequence of not picking up my car.
No offense mate, but I think you took "Customer is the King" philosophy to a bit too far

Quote:
but this is to let everyone in team-bhp know that Maruti has quality issues, plus the service issues.
Iam having a hell lot of rattling in my swift as well.
Agreed. It is known

Quote:
If I dont get a response again from Maruti I have decided to dump my car right front of the Maruti regional office gate in 2 days
I guess it takes less time and energy to get the car checked in the service center

Quote:
Any inputs guys? Need help.
Take the car to a garage
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You sure water is seeping in through a gap coz of windscreen fixing?

I had similar issue but water was not seeping in from the windscreen gap but from a junction near windscreen.

Right behind the rear view mirror in the centre a stream of water flows down to the dashboard end. Usually it cannot be noticed. Once I noticed that some part of the glass the mist is not forming due to the outside cold. That is when I touched the glass from inside and 'cut' across this stream of water.

So now quite obvious this is a very common glitch in Swift diesel which was not properly taken up in team-bhp or Maruti. Ok let me be the one to raise it.

UPDATE: Got a flurry of calls from various sections. Dealer called me just now as well asked me 'when' i need the vehicle pickup!!! better late than never

Seems that the team-bhp scare and my warning to dump the car at their office worked!
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:45   #10
BHPian

sad to hear about this sam. Was the glass removed by any chance for some accident or something. Could be that the issue is with the sealant when it was put back. There was a similar issue in a figo which was reported sometime back after an accident.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:51   #11
BHPian

Sam,

Every car manufacturer is on the scanner and they do have loop holes in their systems too. However, if the attitude of the service personnel was different then it would have been a different story. Would suggest to be patient and let them rectify the car. There might be such bugs passed during production as humans are prone to make mistakes. Picking the car for servicing is their policy. But in your case it can be considered as a workmanship defect.

I believe water leaking is a serious issue, this might seep into Audio unit making damages. Nothing more to concern, the Maruti service is good enough to rectify your issue. Just they need to re-paste the windshield.
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:53   #12
BANNED

If the dealer does not respond properly you should talk to the RM for that region and things will change quickly.

i had such exp ,i called up chennai Maruti suzuki office and gave compalint on ABT maruti and next 5 mins i got a call from Top heads of the dealer and got the problem rectified
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: Got a flurry of calls from various sections. Dealer called me just now as well asked me 'when' i need the vehicle pickup!!! better late than never Seems that the team-bhp scare and my warning to dump the car at their office worked!
Great! You can still boast about the Maruti A.S.S. to your friends
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Great! You can still boast about the Maruti A.S.S. to your friends
A Manza friend of mine had his car picked up in 4 hours when he reported a tiniest of an issue. I think response time and followup of Tata for Vista and Manza atleast is at par with Maruti or even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
If the dealer does not respond properly you should talk to the RM for that region and things will change quickly.

i had such exp ,i called up chennai Maruti suzuki office and gave compalint on ABT maruti and next 5 mins i got a call from Top heads of the dealer and got the problem rectified
I called up Blr regional office two days back and still didnt get a response. And thats when I called up main head office, New Delhi. And that is when things changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
sad to hear about this sam. Was the glass removed by any chance for some accident or something. Could be that the issue is with the sealant when it was put back. There was a similar issue in a figo which was reported sometime back after an accident.
Rightly said Vishnu. This is the main reason why I took it up with Maruti directly. Because I wanted an enquiry into it because I too sensed that unless the glass was refixed how could a leak come in the first place. But then in thsi thread Im hearing that quite a few people have had this leak! Sad, but true with Swift.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th November 2010 at 01:54. Reason: Try to respond to everyone at one go. Back to back posts merged.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:04   #15
BHPian

Good that they have responded to your issue late than never. Keep asking the service guy how could it happen till they give Root Cause of the problem. You took it a bit too far, but it worth the extra mile for 6 lkh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks