Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 01:00   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 - Year end offers from car dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Here is the deal on Ford Figo ( Titanium Diesel. Rs 6000 cash discount, extended warranty for 3rd year free, basic kit Rs 1950 free). As per the dealer the same is valid only for the stocks available with them this month. The offers will be withdrawn in Jan and the prices may be increased as well
No such discounts in Pune. Asked the Talera Ford guys. Regular price holds for Figo :(
Old 20th December 2010, 08:33   #137
BHPian

On Jan 1st, would he offer more discount on these 2010 makes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Getting Linea (top end) at 9.05 (thane regn) after all the year end discounts. The car is of Dec 2010.

However the dealer SM mentioned that there is a Nov 2010 car available - Can i further negotiate on the price that he is offering of 9.05 for the Dec 2010?
Old 20th December 2010, 10:11   #138
BHPian

Got an offer from Honda in Coimbatore for an offer of upto 1 lakh for city if booked on last saturday. Was no where near a PC to give this msg earlier. If not same offer one can atleast bargain for better offers.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:40   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

how can they invoice the vehicle in Dec itself when there is a 2 month waiting period for the 4x4 vehicle to be manufactured. Do they expect you to pay them in full and 8 weeks in advance? If so this is unrealistic on their part. I am sure you can push them for the 50K discount considering that the dealer will be keen not to lose a customer to another dealer.
Yes even though they may use in house insurance agents, you can still buy insurance with your preferred company and claim your no claim bonus too.
And ref the lower end of accessories like floor mats etc I am sure you can push them to give them to you free. But frankly it is of little consequence - a set of simple floor mats if bought at Reliance AutoZone costs as little as Rs 500-600 for decent quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Contacted MPL Chennai today - 50K discount for VLX, but if you order a 4x4 no Discounts (Invoicing should happen before 31Dec). Cannot go for My Own Insurance Agent and save - they are instructed to use inhouse agents for this. Dealer will buy insurance through my preferred company though.

No other freebies on Scorpio, as I asked for floor mats and other standard fitments (yet to get the full list) FREE!
Old 20th December 2010, 13:56   #140
NFS
BHPian

Thanks again for answering to my post. Below are the answers I received from the MPL representative. They are typically looking out for customers who are ready to sign along the dotted lines without any questions asked. I do NOT think it will happen with me. I enquired about PDI for a 4x4 and he said, "NO as the vehicle will be custom made for you and thus no PDI" as if I will have to accept any piece of junk M&M sends through, just because I asked for 4x4.

My answers below is not to create any offense, I will try hard till I receive whatever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
how can they invoice the vehicle in Dec itself when there is a 2 month waiting period for the 4x4 vehicle to be manufactured.

Dealer representative is not even interested to follow up on my requirement of 4x4 and they are hence not offering anything.

Do they expect you to pay them in full and 8 weeks in advance? If so this is unrealistic on their part.

Same answer as above. Not interested and not even telling me how I can get the discount.

I am sure you can push them for the 50K discount considering that the dealer will be keen not to lose a customer to another dealer.

No calls after I requested for booking 4x4, both MPL and Zulaikha. Will have to call them again asking the progress.

Yes even though they may use in house insurance agents, you can still buy insurance with your preferred company and claim your no claim bonus too.

NO is the big answer, they say that the discounts are worked out between M&M and Dealers and we poor customers have to pay whatever they ask us for.

And ref the lower end of accessories like floor mats etc I am sure you can push them to give them to you free. But frankly it is of little consequence - a set of simple floor mats if bought at Reliance AutoZone costs as little as Rs 500-600 for decent quality!

The answer given to me by the rep, when asked for freebies: ha ha (laughs), over the 50K discount you need freebies? and gives me a cheap look
Old 20th December 2010, 15:56   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jash_ View Post
guys,
any idea about the discounts on Jazz in NCR region? Also, is there any one looking to pick up a jazz this month, we could team up and get a better bargain.

My dad booked a Honda Jazz today at Ring Road Honda.

The dealer said the discount is 50,000 on Jazz and Jazz Select. He haggled a bit, spoke to the manager and got the discount to 70,000.
Old 20th December 2010, 16:16   #142
BHPian

Folks,

Any idea on Year End offers from Toyota. Was planning to go for a Innova, preferably 2011 model, since its year end and lose a year on model if we go for 2010. Checked with Amana Toyota, Calicut seems no offer till date has been aware of. Let me know if anyone get latest updates.

I heard we can get 2011 model in Jan only, rather the old way of getting new models and register only after new financial year starts, say Apr 2011. Any info.

rgrds
prsn
Old 20th December 2010, 16:38   #143
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

maybe you should buy your vehicle from SKS auto in Salem and get it regd in Madras. Ask them for a BS4 4WD - I am sure they will be more obliging.

I think you should write to the Marketing People at Mahindra with a serious complaint about the attitude of MPL and whoever else.
Are there no other dealers in Madras?

What about dear old India Garage in Mount Road? They used to be first class as far as I remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Thanks again for answering to my post. Below are the answers I received from the MPL representative. They are typically looking out for customers who are ready to sign along the dotted lines without any questions asked. I do NOT think it will happen with me. I enquired about PDI for a 4x4 and he said, "NO as the vehicle will be custom made for you and thus no PDI" as if I will have to accept any piece of junk M&M sends through, just because I asked for 4x4.

My answers below is not to create any offense, I will try hard till I receive whatever I can.
Old 20th December 2010, 18:53   #144
BHPian

I got quote for Scorpio SLE as below ,

50 % off on insurance & Rs.22000 cash discount + i have said no to any accs. Now the on-road price is 10.03lacs . Hope to make the booking on wed.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hallmark Honda is offering the City E-MT for 8.69 on road. But this is only for book before December end only offer.
Old 21st December 2010, 02:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Been checking out the i-10 AT in Bangalore.

Offers are 30K discount and free insurance for December only.
Are you sure it is 30k discount AND free insr? I checked in both trident and advaith. its free insr and 10k discount.
Old 21st December 2010, 06:24   #147
BHPian

My friend took delivery of Honda Jazz Select. He could squeeze Rs. 80000 from Crystal Honda, Pune. Official discount 55000. Corporate discount: 15000. Free Insurance. He did not go for in any free goodies like sunfilm etc and finally he said it worked out to be Rs. 80000.
Old 21st December 2010, 10:45   #148
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
My friend took delivery of Honda Jazz Select. He could squeeze Rs. 80000 from Crystal Honda, Pune. Official discount 55000. Corporate discount: 15000. Free Insurance. He did not go for in any free goodies like sunfilm etc and finally he said it worked out to be Rs. 80000.
That's huge! AFAIK it the highest discount on any sub 10L vehicle which is not being phased out.
People seem to be really taking advantage of December offers.

By the way I visited Sahyadri last weekend, they are offering discount of 35k on Scorpio SLE provided,
  • Registration & insurance is done through them.
  • Invoicing should happen in December itself.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:34   #149
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
maybe you should buy your vehicle from SKS auto in Salem and get it regd in Madras. Ask them for a BS4 4WD - I am sure they will be more obliging.

I think you should write to the Marketing People at Mahindra with a serious complaint about the attitude of MPL and whoever else.
Are there no other dealers in Madras?

What about dear old India Garage in Mount Road? They used to be first class as far as I remember!
Should Try with SKS, but I will have to drive down the vehicle from Salem before registration (on a temp registration). I hope that is how the process would be?

There are three dealers here at Chennai - India Garage, MPL Automobiles, and Zulaikha Motors. Getting in touch with India Garage for the second time today or tomorrow.

Yes, should write to M&M, but when I posted on M&Ms wall, the very next minute my post was deleted from Facebook. So now whom should we complaint to? Not sure
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:01   #150
BHPian

Tata Dealer's offer in coimbatore.

Gold coin and other assured gifts and the december ultimate offer of free car or 1 lakh gift cheque.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks