Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 15:25   #16
BHPian

re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

I have seen this car many times in Chennai, this car is definitely Renault Fluence and not the Mondeo...
Old 11th December 2010, 16:22   #17
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surbhit View Post
I have seen this car many times in Chennai, this car is definitely Renault Fluence and not the Mondeo...
Many times?

The car looks good, but i somehow don't like the side profile. Some how all Renault cars look odd to me.
Old 11th December 2010, 16:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Good catch there! It looks like Renault Fluence to me as well! If you see the new Mondeo, it has dual tail pipes and Fluence has only one the left side just like in the scoop pics !

Also the tail lamps has that sharp edges on the boot while Mondeo is a smooth curve !

Anf ford logo is not as big as the Renault logo and the camoue'd BIG logo explains its a Renault.

Mods, could you change the title of the thread?
Old 11th December 2010, 18:12   #19
BHPian

Nice scoop guys and it's the Fluence. Confirmed with my friend who happens to work for Renault. I asked him showing these pics and he was affirmative about it.
Mods: Title change
Old 13th December 2010, 11:49   #20
BHPian

So its final, it is a Renault.
Good looking car.
But i doubt how renault will fair in the luxury sedan category.
Even maruti after being in our country for so long, its dreading to launch its luxury sedan.

MODS : Help me change the title of the thread.

Last edited by Visaster : 13th December 2010 at 11:49. Reason: spell check
Old 14th December 2010, 07:56   #21
BHPian

I guess Renault and Nissan would fare well together if they aggressively market their products, Renault got the low profile image primarily due to Logan which was actually brought it in to attract VFM market and gain more market share, however it was otherwise. Renault has some wonderful vehicle lined up and I am sure they would excel well provided they increase their dealership and position their product well. They including Nissan are investing heavily in India with big hopes, I hope it would give a good yield
There should be a good brand building exercise to be done in India before they come out with a launch.
Old 14th December 2010, 08:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Superb scoop. I like this car already. Any speculations on the launch date ? Anyone ?
Old 14th December 2010, 12:58   #23
BHPian

Ho launch is way far from thought. So hold on to your seats.
Well Renault has definitely tarnished its name with the LOGAN. (Thou they did a good amount of sales)
Don't know how they will get out of that grave.

We will know what this car has got to offer only once it is launched.
Until then not much to discuss but for its nice looks.
Old 15th December 2010, 06:54   #24

Renault Fluence spotted on Chennai-Bangalore Highway

Hi,
I had hoped for an appropriate topic to make my first post. And this happened on a trip to Bangalore from Chennai, last weekend. Near Sriperumbudur, we spotted a convoy of two cars, one black and the other in white, unlike any I have seen before. They were not disguised in any way but for the logos which were masked in tape. We tried guessing what brand they were, thinking that they could be Kia models being tried out in the Hyundai factory there. A search revealed that they were actually Renault Fluence models being Indian trained. I whipped out my camera which didn't please the driver in the white car at all. He started to try several ways to avoid being photographed. First he tried speeding away. When that didnt work. He started weaving side to side probably so that I couldnt focus. He also tried blinking his lights - probably to dazzle my camera. It was very unreal. I got my pictures though. The driver did manage to warn the black car which dropped behind which didnt bother us much. All in all - it made for an exciting ride for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-img_2852.jpg  

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-img_2843.jpg  

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-img_2854.jpg  

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-img_2846.jpg  

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-img_2858.jpg  

Old 15th December 2010, 09:39   #25
BHPian

Re: Renault Fluence spotted on Chennai-Bangalore Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusKarro View Post
Hi,
I had hoped for an appropriate topic to make my first post. I got my pictures though. All in all - it made for an exciting ride for a while.
Welcome BusKarro and what way to start your journey here! Cool pictures and it what a rear man!
I'm falling for this car already
Have a pleasant stay here!
Old 15th December 2010, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Any technical details/prices of the car to be launched in India?

Is the Renault facility also in Chennai?
Old 16th December 2010, 06:00   #27

I believe Renault is operating from its facility(jointly with Nissan) in the SIPCOT Industrial Park in Oragadam in Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu.
A resource online to refer to - Renault-Nissan Oragadam plant to open today | M Karunanidhi | Renault-Nissan alliance plant | Indian Express
Old 17th December 2010, 12:18   #28
BHPian

That is a weird hood design! A horizontal cut along an otherwise good looking front portion.Overall the Car looks good and hope it is launched soon without compromising on quality or making it desified to an extent.
Old 17th December 2010, 13:17   #29
BHPian

Good catch there.
You got the front profile and it sure looks nice.
Though the car seems to look small in the pictures, it is actually big.
Anyday bigger than ford ikon, ford fiesta, honda city...
Old 24th December 2010, 01:42   #30
BHPian

I saw this car today near raj bhavan in Chennai outside Lemon tree, it was black in color with black stickers in the logo's.

Alloys were looking nice in the test vehicle, was unable to take a picture as there was heavy traffic
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks